Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 million views. 13:48 - Mar 11 with 1172 viewsPunteR

Frankie Friday Music Thread.
New LFW record!

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

2 million views. on 13:58 - Mar 11 with 1141 viewsMick_S

Bonkers. 🎩s off People.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

2 million views. on 14:18 - Mar 11 with 1083 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Third behind Kim Kardashian and 9/11 conspiracies (combined) for hits. Taylor Swift way off in fourth, with both Leo Messi and Xi Jinping struggling to keep their spots in the PO positions.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

2 million views. on 14:37 - Mar 11 with 1057 viewsngbqpr

It's quite phenomenal really.

A QPR messageboard spends 10 years talking about house music, without a break at any point.

Coming up to ten years since we lost Frankie, it's one of the weirder testaments to his enduring influence.
[Post edited 11 Mar 19:20]

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

2 million views. on 14:43 - Mar 11 with 1033 viewsLandshark

I think I've contributed zero views to that one. The one thread I always ignore despite it taking up half my screen every time I am on this forum.
2 million views. on 15:11 - Mar 11 with 966 viewskensalriser

But how many listens?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

2 million views. on 15:15 - Mar 11 with 960 viewsconnell10

2 million views. on 14:43 - Mar 11 by Landshark

I think I've contributed zero views to that one. The one thread I always ignore despite it taking up half my screen every time I am on this forum.

Same here mate , I detest dance music.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

2 million views. on 15:42 - Mar 11 with 917 viewslightwaterhoop

Its just noise,you could be kind and call it music but basically its just noise.
2 million views. on 17:10 - Mar 11 with 823 viewsLblock

Every now and then I think back to where I was when that thread started.... not in a pleasant place as anyone who has been on the recovery wards at Ealing Hospital can vouch for.

I also have thoughts about what has spurred off of that thread... friendships made, experiences had, even different genres of dance music opened up to me.
Crazy.

I'll not get drawn into the debate on house / dance music and whether you love it or loathe it.
All music is precious and the people that make it, no matter the type, have my utmost respect and admiration. The loss of venues where people experience live music, clubbing etc is absolutely tragic as is the inability I perceive in the younger generation to gather in their tribes on a weekly basis and enjoy their tuneage of choice. A hook, a bass and a happy place is where I grew up - for that I am thankful.
Also thankful for this platform to host the thread and for the in the main level of respect posters who "don't like that shoite" have shown.

Off we head to three million views........

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

2 million views. on 17:42 - Mar 11 with 760 viewsCroydonCaptJack

2 million views. on 14:43 - Mar 11 by Landshark

It is never too late mate!
Everyone is welcome in the Frankie House Party
2 million views. on 17:45 - Mar 11 with 757 viewsPunteR

2 million views. on 15:11 - Mar 11 by kensalriser

But how many listens?

I guess that's over 2 million listens. I check out every tune that gets posted. Not quite sure how the viewing system works because some posts on that thread has more than one YT link, so the actual number of listens is probably way more than 2 mill.
There's 14160 replies but it doesn't really represent how many tunes have been posted. Also we have to take into account the amount of times Lblock has posting Frankie Knuckles - Tears.

2 million views. on 17:47 - Mar 11 with 752 viewsOutWestR

2 million views. on 17:10 - Mar 11 by Lblock

Every now and then I think back to where I was when that thread started.... not in a pleasant place as anyone who has been on the recovery wards at Ealing Hospital can vouch for.

I also have thoughts about what has spurred off of that thread... friendships made, experiences had, even different genres of dance music opened up to me.
Crazy.

I'll not get drawn into the debate on house / dance music and whether you love it or loathe it.
All music is precious and the people that make it, no matter the type, have my utmost respect and admiration. The loss of venues where people experience live music, clubbing etc is absolutely tragic as is the inability I perceive in the younger generation to gather in their tribes on a weekly basis and enjoy their tuneage of choice. A hook, a bass and a happy place is where I grew up - for that I am thankful.
Also thankful for this platform to host the thread and for the in the main level of respect posters who "don't like that shoite" have shown.

Off we head to three million views........

This 100%

I don’t post on here much these days, but the Frankie thread was the catalyst for so many good things for me. I’ve got to know some of the regular contributors to the thread (Jody, Goody, Pete and Stu, to name just four), and it rekindled my passion for music.

During the pandemic, when a lot of this site was a toxic cesspit, the thread was an oasis of calm, with a shared appreciation of good music, in a multitude of different styles (I even managed to inflict Ethiopian jazz on them on the odd occasion!).

Through the support of those that post on there I was able to achieve a lifetime’s ambition and get on the radio. Now I have my own fortnightly radio show, on a station local to me, plus a monthly gig in a pub round this way, and I’m booked to play at two festivals this summer. None of that would have happened without the Frankie thread to kick things off, so for that reason… long may it continue

2 million views. on 17:55 - Mar 11 with 737 viewsCroydonCaptJack

2 million views. on 15:42 - Mar 11 by lightwaterhoop

Its just noise,you could be kind and call it music but basically its just noise.

I never really get the slagging off of music you don't like.
It is just a matter of choice really isn't it?
It's subjective.
I loved punk rock when I was 12 years old in 1976. It was such a V sign to the progressive yawn-fest that had taken over music back then. Of course it was nowhere near as technically proficient. I mean most of those punk bands saw how easy it was and started a band themselves. Of course, some of them went on to great things - take a bow The Clash for instance but most withered on the vine as there wasn't a lot of longevity there. However, it was still a really important time in music and was very exciting.

There is a lot of snobbery in music, but for some people it is the feeling more than the technical ability. House music was the same when it came along for me, but I was mid twenties by then. I have never tired of it and all it's many guises. It still feels and sounds bloody good to me.

Good luck to anyone who likes music. I would rather speak to someone who is enthusiastic about Country and Western than someone who doesn't like music at all. And I can't stand C & W.

But I would never just dismiss it as noise.
2 million views. on 18:00 - Mar 11 with 721 viewsJuzzie

2 million views. on 15:42 - Mar 11 by lightwaterhoop

Music, art, sport, films, books, fashion and so on...... all completely subjective.

If you like certain aspects of those, great. If you don't, also great, but don't expect others to feel the same so there's no point really saying so as it's pointless really.
2 million views. on 18:07 - Mar 11 with 697 viewsPunteR

2 million views. on 14:37 - Mar 11 by ngbqpr

It's quite phenomenal really.

A QPR messageboard spends 10 years talking about house music, without a break at any point.

Coming up to ten years since we lost Frankie, it's one of the weirder testaments to his enduring influence.
[Post edited 11 Mar 19:20]

Will be 10 years this month.

Crazy how this thread has kept going all this time.
I've made genuine good friends through QPR and House music.

Some people just don't get it though but that's fine too. I think most LFW posters have been very tolerant of this mahoosive thread and just let us House heads crack on.
As Eddie Amador said.."Not everyone understands House music.."

2 million views. on 18:50 - Mar 11 with 646 viewsBoston

Drove through here about ten years ago...didn't look very funky to me.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

2 million views. on 20:18 - Mar 11 with 525 viewsLblock

2 million views. on 17:45 - Mar 11 by PunteR

I guess that's over 2 million listens. I check out every tune that gets posted. Not quite sure how the viewing system works because some posts on that thread has more than one YT link, so the actual number of listens is probably way more than 2 mill.
There's 14160 replies but it doesn't really represent how many tunes have been posted. Also we have to take into account the amount of times Lblock has posting Frankie Knuckles - Tears.

This fable of “Tears” on the coach to Forest away has grown legs!!!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

2 million views. on 22:20 - Mar 11 with 447 viewssilky

1 thread with such massive consequences! ❤️

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

2 million views. on 22:47 - Mar 11 with 423 viewscolinallcars

2 million views. on 18:00 - Mar 11 by Juzzie

Music, art, sport, films, books, fashion and so on...... all completely subjective.

If you like certain aspects of those, great. If you don't, also great, but don't expect others to feel the same so there's no point really saying so as it's pointless really.

Subjective yes, but personal preference doesn't override the worth of something. For example, I play guitar and piano. If someone said they thought my playing was superior to ( insert top guitar or joanna player) I would think they were bonkers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024