Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer window - one more gamble? 19:23 - Dec 26 with 2442 viewsstuabd

We've spent loads, we've got players on big contracts and we've got a lot of players. Bottom of the table.

Will Tony have one more gamble this season and give Harry a sizeable chunk to spend?

I think it's a bad idea, but I think Tony will roll the dice again in a desperate attempt to get 17th place.
Transfer window - one more gamble? on 19:25 - Dec 26 with 1691 viewsDesertBoot

QPR will go down spending. It's been coming since Hughes took over.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Transfer window - one more gamble? on 19:28 - Dec 26 with 1679 viewsQPRDave

I think Harry will get 3/4 in ...prob ideally CB,& 2 Strikers but can't see us spending much, quite rightly
Transfer window - one more gamble? on 19:28 - Dec 26 with 1680 viewsWeaverQPR

TF is like the man from Del Monte when its comes to transfer windows he loves to say yes.

@WeavQPR

Transfer window - one more gamble? on 19:28 - Dec 26 with 1677 viewsSpiritofGregory

We have to sign additions in January. We can't just throw in the towel half way through the season.

We'll probably sign 6 month loans.
Transfer window - one more gamble? on 19:31 - Dec 26 with 1668 viewseghamranger

And DJ back please!
Transfer window - one more gamble? on 19:32 - Dec 26 with 1663 viewsEalingRanger

In the transfer market we are a bit like a drunken slapper off Eastenders at Christmas. Completely self-destructive, taking everyone down with us, not thinking straight - just wobbling all over the place trying to scream and shout our problems away.

Tony put the chequebook away and except that we are down.
Transfer window - one more gamble? on 19:35 - Dec 26 with 1657 viewsderbyhoop

Transfer window - one more gamble? on 19:28 - Dec 26 by SpiritofGregory

We have to sign additions in January. We can't just throw in the towel half way through the season.

We'll probably sign 6 month loans.

Like that's going to be easy. A 6 month deal might have some appeal for Anelka, or a 6 week deal for Keane. But, if you believe there is any chance of attracting the sort of player that will dig us out of this situation, on a 6 month deal, you're living in fantasy land.

The best we can hope for is somebody who isn't getting a game at their own club and is prepared to take a gamble but also preapred to play in the Championship. And, if they're not getting a game at their current club, WHY?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Transfer window - one more gamble? on 19:36 - Dec 26 with 1653 viewsHayesender

DJ back, Young back in the squad, and get rid of a few of the wasteofspacers.

And prepare for relegation

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer window - one more gamble? on 19:37 - Dec 26 with 1647 viewsbaz_qpr

Transfer window - one more gamble? on 19:32 - Dec 26 by EalingRanger

In the transfer market we are a bit like a drunken slapper off Eastenders at Christmas. Completely self-destructive, taking everyone down with us, not thinking straight - just wobbling all over the place trying to scream and shout our problems away.

Tony put the chequebook away and except that we are down.

from what I hear we are trying to persuade a high flying championship striker to come to us - so maybe not so stupid this time
Transfer window - one more gamble? on 19:43 - Dec 26 with 1621 viewseghamranger

What have you heard? I still think we could scrape out, think HR will get the right people in.
Transfer window - one more gamble? on 19:43 - Dec 26 with 1617 viewsMedwayR

Transfer window - one more gamble? on 19:37 - Dec 26 by baz_qpr

from what I hear we are trying to persuade a high flying championship striker to come to us - so maybe not so stupid this time

Are we struggling to convince DJ to come back lol

Poll: Who’s better?

Transfer window - one more gamble? on 19:45 - Dec 26 with 1609 viewsGloucs_R

No gamble for me. We are down, simple as. Sell as many as you can and start to put a team in place who will challenge for the Championship. I think this could be the starting XI next season

Green
Young / Onouha / Nelsen / Traore
Mackie / Diakite / Faurlin / Hoillet
DJ / AJ

Cesar, Bosignwa, Mbia, Cisse, Tarbs, Zamora, Barton all gone

Poll: Are we staying up?

Transfer window - one more gamble? on 19:47 - Dec 26 with 1599 viewsted_hendrix

The only signing we should make is someone who can turn up at our training ground with a baseball bat and smack each and everyone of our players on the fcking head with It.

Might make the cnts wake up.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Transfer window - one more gamble? on 19:50 - Dec 26 with 1589 viewsTacticalR

Transfer window - one more gamble? on 19:47 - Dec 26 by ted_hendrix

The only signing we should make is someone who can turn up at our training ground with a baseball bat and smack each and everyone of our players on the fcking head with It.

Jim Magilton's available.

Air hostess clique

Transfer window - one more gamble? on 19:50 - Dec 26 with 1587 viewsWeaverQPR

Damage limitation id be more inclined to ship them out, give us a head start for next season.

@WeavQPR

Transfer window - one more gamble? on 19:52 - Dec 26 with 1578 viewsbaz_qpr

Transfer window - one more gamble? on 19:50 - Dec 26 by WeaverQPR

Damage limitation id be more inclined to ship them out, give us a head start for next season.

teams that do that aka Bolton , Wolves etc never come back up, its only those that retain the some premiership quality e.g West Ham, Newcastle that do.
Transfer window - one more gamble? on 19:56 - Dec 26 with 1557 viewsSpiritofGregory

Transfer window - one more gamble? on 19:35 - Dec 26 by derbyhoop

Like that's going to be easy. A 6 month deal might have some appeal for Anelka, or a 6 week deal for Keane. But, if you believe there is any chance of attracting the sort of player that will dig us out of this situation, on a 6 month deal, you're living in fantasy land.

The best we can hope for is somebody who isn't getting a game at their own club and is prepared to take a gamble but also preapred to play in the Championship. And, if they're not getting a game at their current club, WHY?

No one said that it's going to be easy but we can't sit around and do nothing.

Young and DJ will be back, at least those two will put a shift in. Maybe Samba will come on loan till the end of the season. Zamora will be back soon. Harry just needs to find some players that he trusts will give 100%.
Transfer window - one more gamble? on 19:59 - Dec 26 with 1544 viewsSpiritofGregory

Transfer window - one more gamble? on 19:47 - Dec 26 by ted_hendrix

Did you go today Ted, if so what did you think?
Transfer window - one more gamble? on 20:02 - Dec 26 with 1533 viewskomradkirk

sell,sell, sell
Transfer window - one more gamble? on 20:04 - Dec 26 with 1528 viewsted_hendrix

Transfer window - one more gamble? on 19:59 - Dec 26 by SpiritofGregory

Did you go today Ted, if so what did you think?

Yes I was there today and as for what I thought;

We got beat by the better team not the officials, that clear and simple.

Transfer window - one more gamble? on 20:10 - Dec 26 with 1508 viewsQPRDave

Transfer window - one more gamble? on 20:04 - Dec 26 by ted_hendrix

Yes I was there today and as for what I thought;

We got beat by the better team not the officials, that clear and simple.

So officials decisions have no bearing on a game?
We had 17 shots to their 11 of which we had 5 on target to their 4
We had 14 corners to their 9
possession ? 50/50
The poor decisions robbed QPR imo
Transfer window - one more gamble? on 20:34 - Dec 26 with 1476 viewsted_hendrix

Transfer window - one more gamble? on 20:10 - Dec 26 by QPRDave

So officials decisions have no bearing on a game?
We had 17 shots to their 11 of which we had 5 on target to their 4
We had 14 corners to their 9
possession ? 50/50
The poor decisions robbed QPR imo

O.K. taking on board what you say;

a) The second WBA goal was a foul on our GK and should have been chalked off, some people might disagree.
b) We should have had a penalty late on again some people might disagree.

Over the other 90 odd minutes of football I thought WBA were the better team.

The stats are what they are and yes you could say that we've been robbed of a couple of decisions.
This Is just my opinion mind but I don't think we are good enough to stay up, we're basically pissing in the wind and marking time.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Transfer window - one more gamble? on 20:47 - Dec 26 with 1438 viewsbosh67

I think we just have to throw caution to the wind.

There are 19 games left. As ever we still need to win half of them. I think after New Year we will see a very different team being fielded by Harry.

I agree it's looking pretty grim with no points from the last two games but there is still half a season to go. It may be a job too far for Harry to keep us up but I think the least we deserve is to go to the wire fighting.

We attacked Fulham from the starting whistle and it's the only time we've done so. I think we just have to get players like DJ back and just do our best, given our short comings, to batter teams from the start. It put Fulham off their stride, we could do it against a few others.

Overall it looks more and more like Hughes sucked the life out of us.

Harry's honeymoon has been more like a speed date but if anyone stands a chance of turning this around still, or at least getting us playing honourable football, it's him.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Transfer window - one more gamble? on 21:07 - Dec 26 with 1407 viewsGloucs_R

Is being in the Prem all its cracked up to be anyway? After the past two seasons I'd be happier challenging for the Championship every season.

Top 6 in the Championship and the odd cup run or bottom 5 of the Prem every season?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Transfer window - one more gamble? on 21:12 - Dec 26 with 1398 viewsrsonist

Crouch on the bench again tonight, could well see us in for him.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024