Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another loss to the cricket family 11:20 - Jan 1 with 2005 viewsspiritofshittu

Christopher Martin Jenkins passes away last night after battling cancer. RIP CMJ we will miss your voice on TMS...
Another loss to the cricket family on 11:25 - Jan 1 with 1989 viewsDWQPR

INdeed, a great voice on TMS and a voice that I grew up with listening to along with Jonners, Arlott, Trueman, Bailey and Blowers, a formidable bunch of lunatics on the radio if ever there was one, just Blowers remains of that band of men.

RIP CMJ

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Another loss to the cricket family on 11:49 - Jan 1 with 1953 viewsShotKneesHoop

Another loss to the cricket family on 11:25 - Jan 1 by DWQPR

INdeed, a great voice on TMS and a voice that I grew up with listening to along with Jonners, Arlott, Trueman, Bailey and Blowers, a formidable bunch of lunatics on the radio if ever there was one, just Blowers remains of that band of men.

RIP CMJ

Blowers is not in the same category as them.

Shame about CMJ, but the best one is still with us - Jonathan Agnew.

Aggers is brilliant, I have seen him in action interviewing Test Captains and making them corpse. The way he takes the piss out of Boycott by making it sound like he is paying Sir Geoffrey a compliment is world class.

I'm counting the days to the cricket season, amazingly a sport still well run in comparison to football.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Another loss to the cricket family on 12:13 - Jan 1 with 1928 viewsBushman

Another loss to the cricket family on 11:25 - Jan 1 by DWQPR

RIP CMJ

Yes agree he was a legend.

Blowers last of the old school left.

I remember listening to TMS at school on my transistor radio in the late 70's early 80's particularily the tests against the awesome windies team of that era.

Also could watch all day on the beeb with sound down and radio on.

Happy days.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

Another loss to the cricket family on 16:21 - Jan 1 with 1848 viewsMrSheen

Really sad news. He didn't seem old to me, but I can't remember listening to cricket on the radio and him not being there, over 40 years. One from the days when you didn't have to have played 50 tests to be allowed near a microphone, a fantastic broadcaster, in the class of Arlott and my particular favourite, Don Mosey.
Another loss to the cricket family on 17:14 - Jan 1 with 1805 viewsCamberleyR

Yep, probably one of the last great journalist/commentators. Will always fondly remember his commentating at Headingley '81, one of his occasional forays into telly, especially the wicket of Marsh "In the air, Dilley's underneath it...and he's caught it!!" trying desperately not to shout "yesss" and contain his enthusiasm. Great journalist as well.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024