Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Same team for the cup? 10:14 - Jan 3 with 1350 viewsLewes_r

I reckon Harry needs to keep the same team and try and get that second win on the bounce. Very doable

SWP might even score again...

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Same team for the cup? on 10:16 - Jan 3 with 1048 viewsklr

Wouldnt go that far, but I do think the match takes on a greater significance now, I'd like to see the likes of DJ Campbell & Luke Young ( if he's fit ? ) starting.
Same team for the cup? on 10:19 - Jan 3 with 1044 viewschris1969

Think we need to rest Nelsen and possibly Taarabt but if not there is a nice break before the Spuds game.
Same team for the cup? on 10:27 - Jan 3 with 1027 viewsdaveB

Taarabt has to play, I'm bringing my 3 year old and I'd love him to be able to see Taarabt at his beautiful best.

I'd have DJ on the bench and give him half an hour in the second half, need to win this one and get some momentum
Same team for the cup? on 10:50 - Jan 3 with 1005 viewsisawqpratwcity

F*ck the Cup. HR, experiment with whatever team you like. Try out your most fanciful combinations (Oo-er!) and rest whatever players you see as being most critical.

We have had a sniff of survival.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Same team for the cup? on 10:54 - Jan 3 with 996 viewsadhoc_qpr

Disagree, i think at this stage (last chance saloon) momentum and confidence is the most important thing so we should send out our strongest team and go for a win.

Agree that DJ should get a decent outing, as he could be a key player for us in the kind of hardworking lone striker role he played for Blackpool.
Same team for the cup? on 10:54 - Jan 3 with 995 viewsdaveB

Same team for the cup? on 10:50 - Jan 3 by isawqpratwcity

F*ck the Cup. HR, experiment with whatever team you like. Try out your most fanciful combinations (Oo-er!) and rest whatever players you see as being most critical.

We have had a sniff of survival.

we won't win the cup but it won't hurt to try and win back to back games for the first time this season, we have to build momentum now
Same team for the cup? on 11:07 - Jan 3 with 964 viewsisawqpratwcity

Same team for the cup? on 10:54 - Jan 3 by daveB

we won't win the cup but it won't hurt to try and win back to back games for the first time this season, we have to build momentum now

No, no, no! Focus people!

Premier survival is what the club needs.

Same team for the cup? on 11:10 - Jan 3 with 952 viewsdaveB

Same team for the cup? on 11:07 - Jan 3 by isawqpratwcity

No, no, no! Focus people!

Premier survival is what the club needs.

how will winning a cup game in January stop us from staying up?
Login to get fewer ads

Same team for the cup? on 11:14 - Jan 3 with 937 viewsNeil_SI

I'm not sure what team should be on the pitch, but we've got a clear week afterwards and the real positive is after this match, Redknapp will have some time to work properly with the team on the training ground.

The Christmas period has so many games thick and fast that it's more about recovery than training and any training you do is at the risk of knackering the players. It went for us yesterday as he had obviously needed to work with them to get them organised and with a plan for Chelsea, but it could have backfired too.

I think we need to be careful. The squad is threadbare really, unless we make some further additions, such as Ben Tal Haim and one or two others, could do with some game time to top them up a bit.
Same team for the cup? on 11:43 - Jan 3 with 898 viewsLewes_r

Same team for the cup? on 11:14 - Jan 3 by Neil_SI

I'm not sure what team should be on the pitch, but we've got a clear week afterwards and the real positive is after this match, Redknapp will have some time to work properly with the team on the training ground.

The Christmas period has so many games thick and fast that it's more about recovery than training and any training you do is at the risk of knackering the players. It went for us yesterday as he had obviously needed to work with them to get them organised and with a plan for Chelsea, but it could have backfired too.

I think we need to be careful. The squad is threadbare really, unless we make some further additions, such as Ben Tal Haim and one or two others, could do with some game time to top them up a bit.

Normally id agree as i have lost any love of cups, but, these are very strange circumstances and i think we need consistancy ( especially with the back 4 ) they need time together for sure

2 wins in a row could really spark ourseason to life.. Put an experimental side out and get tonked and we could be back to square one as far as feel good factor

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Same team for the cup? on 11:46 - Jan 3 with 886 viewsfakekerby

Don't think it'll be the exact same team but we need to go for it - really need back to back wins and to keep confidence high and get the fans truly believing and on side.

WBA are a bloody tough team and we really need to show up with the right attitude.
Same team for the cup? on 13:14 - Jan 3 with 843 viewsisawqpratwcity

Same team for the cup? on 11:46 - Jan 3 by fakekerby

Don't think it'll be the exact same team but we need to go for it - really need back to back wins and to keep confidence high and get the fans truly believing and on side.

WBA are a bloody tough team and we really need to show up with the right attitude.

The right attitude is to show that this game isn't important.

Same team for the cup? on 13:32 - Jan 3 with 812 viewshoops_legend

Taarabt and Nelson to rest....

Cisse should be given a chance with Junior Hoilett as well if hamstring not bad...

Faurlin for Derry...

Otherwise much of the same please...
Same team for the cup? on 13:38 - Jan 3 with 801 viewsHunterhoop

The only thing I definitely would do is rest Adel.

For 2 reasons:

1) The team need to be able to play, and play well, without him. He will not be on the field for every minute of every game for the rest of the season. This is a great chance to give the squad some practice against good oppo without the safety valve of just "give it to Adel" when we attack.

2) Yes, injuries can happen in any game and in training. However, league games and training are bloody important. In our position, FA cup games are not. It'd be nice to win, but Adel could do with a little break. We're going to need him an awful lot in the coming months. I'd hate for him to get injured in this game and I think a rest could have him fired up and ready for Spurs.

Otherwise, don't care.
Same team for the cup? on 13:44 - Jan 3 with 795 viewsM40R

Remember MK Dons away last season? NW played a full strength team to get that confidence-boosting win and we ended up with our best midfielder croaked for the season on the back of an awful performance. Still at least it won't get the current manager the sack this time...
Same team for the cup? on 14:05 - Jan 3 with 772 viewsfakekerby

Same team for the cup? on 13:38 - Jan 3 by Hunterhoop

The only thing I definitely would do is rest Adel.

For 2 reasons:

1) The team need to be able to play, and play well, without him. He will not be on the field for every minute of every game for the rest of the season. This is a great chance to give the squad some practice against good oppo without the safety valve of just "give it to Adel" when we attack.

2) Yes, injuries can happen in any game and in training. However, league games and training are bloody important. In our position, FA cup games are not. It'd be nice to win, but Adel could do with a little break. We're going to need him an awful lot in the coming months. I'd hate for him to get injured in this game and I think a rest could have him fired up and ready for Spurs.

Otherwise, don't care.

He's 23, not 33. There is a week between WBA and Spurs. Why leave him out?
Same team for the cup? on 14:39 - Jan 3 with 742 viewsderbyhoop

Our priority is the PL. Though consistency and confidence can ease our chances of survival. I'd be tempted to rest a few players only but, generally stick to a settled side.

Possible changes which wouldn't disrupt too much.
Faurlin for Derry
DJ for Mackie
Tal Ben Haim at CB.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Same team for the cup? on 14:44 - Jan 3 with 731 viewsTheBlob

Yup,squad players please.Give Ephraim a run and a few others,shake the cobwebs out.The first choice players have already played too many games recently - old legs and all that.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Same team for the cup? on 14:48 - Jan 3 with 720 viewsdaveB

Same team for the cup? on 13:44 - Jan 3 by M40R

Remember MK Dons away last season? NW played a full strength team to get that confidence-boosting win and we ended up with our best midfielder croaked for the season on the back of an awful performance. Still at least it won't get the current manager the sack this time...

he didn't play a full strength side, he left Helguson on the bench, Barton was suspended, dropped Taarabt and played Macheda as a winger

The more you worry about injuries the more likely they are to happen, just get on with it and win a game of football
Same team for the cup? on 14:52 - Jan 3 with 716 viewsHunterhoop

Same team for the cup? on 14:48 - Jan 3 by daveB

he didn't play a full strength side, he left Helguson on the bench, Barton was suspended, dropped Taarabt and played Macheda as a winger

The more you worry about injuries the more likely they are to happen, just get on with it and win a game of football

err...the more I worry about an injury the more it's likely to happen to someone else?!

That literally is nonsense. If it was me getting worried about injuring myself, I'd agree. But we're not talking about me getting injured.

And to the poster who said "he's 23 not 33. Why not play him"....read my post again, I quie clealy give you two reasons. Neither are to do with his age.

Jeez. If you don't agree, fine. But what I wrote does make sense and is a valid argument.
Same team for the cup? on 14:55 - Jan 3 with 706 viewsdaveB

if the players are tired then rest them but if not there is no point the club panicking about injuries and resting people for the sake of it. We have won 2 games all season, why not try and win a third with a strong team.
Same team for the cup? on 14:59 - Jan 3 with 695 viewsHunterhoop

Same team for the cup? on 14:55 - Jan 3 by daveB

if the players are tired then rest them but if not there is no point the club panicking about injuries and resting people for the sake of it. We have won 2 games all season, why not try and win a third with a strong team.

I'm not saying we shouldn't try to win nor play a strong team, just not our strongest.

Jeez, have people stopped reading posts and just guess what they think they'll say if they don't appear to agree 100%??

I've just put across two logical reasons why we shouldn't play Adel. Just Adel. That doesn't mean we're not trying to win. I explain why quite clearly. I put numbers in it to help keep it clear too, FFS.

As my post said, that's the only thing I'd definitely do; the rest I'm not fussed.
Same team for the cup? on 15:08 - Jan 3 with 680 viewsdaveB

Calm down dear.

I'd play Adel if he is fit plus having paid £28.50 to watch this game I wouldn't mind seeing our best players on the pitch
Same team for the cup? on 15:47 - Jan 3 with 665 viewsHunterhoop

Same team for the cup? on 15:08 - Jan 3 by daveB

Calm down dear.

I'd play Adel if he is fit plus having paid £28.50 to watch this game I wouldn't mind seeing our best players on the pitch

Don't be patronising, Barton.

I can completely understand why you want Adel to play. I just got pissed off at you making out my opinion was invalid or couldn't be justified, by repeatedly questioning it, when it's perfectly valid, clear and well explained, but just happens to be different to yours.
Same team for the cup? on 15:54 - Jan 3 with 654 viewsfakekerby

Same team for the cup? on 15:47 - Jan 3 by Hunterhoop

Don't be patronising, Barton.

I can completely understand why you want Adel to play. I just got pissed off at you making out my opinion was invalid or couldn't be justified, by repeatedly questioning it, when it's perfectly valid, clear and well explained, but just happens to be different to yours.

What's valid about 'the team need to learn how to play without Adel' when he plays every game? Why do they need to learn how to do that?

Injuries can happen to anyone on any given day of the week.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024