Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh No! Blackburn rejects next! 22:50 - Jan 23 with 1535 viewsrichranger

Olsson and Dann - who was been relegated twice in 2 seasons.

Hope Mirror are wrong as usual

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfers-qpr-eye-martin-ol
Oh No! Blackburn rejects next! on 22:52 - Jan 23 with 1514 viewsNorthernr

Olsson is actually alright, but doesn't play in a position we're weak in.
Dann I would have loved three years ago but has gone downhill. Better than Ferdinand, and better than nothing which is what we're going to have on february 1 if we don't get somebody in!
Oh No! Blackburn rejects next! on 22:52 - Jan 23 with 1507 viewsHollowayRanger

i wonder if blackburn would have gone down if nelsen had stayed there?

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Oh No! Blackburn rejects next! on 22:54 - Jan 23 with 1498 viewsTGRRRSSS

Quite possibly not but they were managed by Super Stevie Keane you know, he knew what he was doing...
Oh No! Blackburn rejects next! on 22:58 - Jan 23 with 1471 viewsNorthernr

Oh No! Blackburn rejects next! on 22:52 - Jan 23 by HollowayRanger

i wonder if blackburn would have gone down if nelsen had stayed there?

With Steve Kean as manager and the Venkys in the boardroom with Jerome Anderson for company they'd have gone down with Messi and Ronaldo up front.
Oh No! Blackburn rejects next! on 23:08 - Jan 23 with 1426 viewsCheshireR

Oh No! Blackburn rejects next! on 22:54 - Jan 23 by TGRRRSSS

Quite possibly not but they were managed by Super Stevie Keane you know, he knew what he was doing...

The idiot Keane never picked him.
He was seen as a threat to his authority so not selected and then
moved on to Spurs at the earliest opportunity.
I also heard a story that they had tried to terminate his contract because of his persistent knee injury. Apparently the contract had a clause statting that if this known injury prevented Ryan from playing, then Blacburn had an option to release him.
At a showdown meeting it was pointed out that the clause referred to an injury in the opposite knee.
Not sure if the tale is true - but given tha chaos at Blackburn recently - it doesn't sound like a total fantasy.
Oh No! Blackburn rejects next! on 23:40 - Jan 23 with 1353 viewsdaveB

tough to judge either player at blackburn as that club is a shambles. Dann was a top player 2 years ago
Oh No! Blackburn rejects next! on 23:45 - Jan 23 with 1337 views100percent

sticking my neck out here but......
both of those are decent players, small fees involved, probably reasonable wages and IF we go down, they will be decent in the championship.....
Just preparing for the coating off........
Oh No! Blackburn rejects next! on 23:49 - Jan 23 with 1329 viewsSuffolk

Both players know the English game and would be able to hit the ground running unlike most imports. Both are young with potential to develop and could provide a defensive foundation for may years to come. We would not need to sell them if we go down as their wages would not be huge.

Worth a punt IMO. Nice to be linked with a British player.
Login to get fewer ads

Oh No! Blackburn rejects next! on 00:26 - Jan 24 with 1283 viewsaussiehoop

Both would improve our squad. I thought Dann was the tits not too long ago...
Oh No! Blackburn rejects next! on 04:42 - Jan 24 with 1215 viewsBeaufort27

Dann was being courted by Arsenal and Liverpool a couple of years ago. Then he got injured, relegated with Brum, transfered to the SS Titanic Rovers, and now is worth a pittance. Another one of these "high potential but low on confidence right now" types that we seem to be collecting. Worth a punt if the price is right and we're not going to sign him for 4 years on 50k a week.

Olsson would be a good signing i think. He plays left back, sure, but he's played as many games at left wing and would be a step up from SWP on the left. Able to track back competantly or spell at LB for when Fabio and Traore are inevitably injured. He's very quick and would work well with Fabio on the overlap.
Oh No! Blackburn rejects next! on 06:52 - Jan 24 with 1172 viewssmegma

Oh No! Blackburn rejects next! on 23:45 - Jan 23 by 100percent

sticking my neck out here but......
both of those are decent players, small fees involved, probably reasonable wages and IF we go down, they will be decent in the championship.....
Just preparing for the coating off........

When we signed Hoilett I was disappointed as I thought Olsson was the better player/option for what we needed. But then MH bought players because he could and not because he had a 'plan'.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Oh No! Blackburn rejects next! on 06:53 - Jan 24 with 1169 viewsLoft1979

Oh No! Blackburn rejects next! on 23:49 - Jan 23 by Suffolk

Both players know the English game and would be able to hit the ground running unlike most imports. Both are young with potential to develop and could provide a defensive foundation for may years to come. We would not need to sell them if we go down as their wages would not be huge.

Worth a punt IMO. Nice to be linked with a British player.

Could do a Nelsen....
Oh No! Blackburn rejects next! on 07:54 - Jan 24 with 1093 viewsSpiritofGregory

I think these two are decent signings. They are quality players who will want to come to QPR, Blackburn will sell and they won't expect a ridiculous salary.

Phil Beard just needs to up his game - wouldn't want to upset Harry again.
Oh No! Blackburn rejects next! on 08:39 - Jan 24 with 1036 viewsPey

The only player from Blackburn i would like add to our squad is Grant Hanley.
A younger version of Clint.

But wait .... this is a young player with great potential, realistic target, sell on value and and and ....
CERTAINLY no object to QPR.
Oh No! Blackburn rejects next! on 08:44 - Jan 24 with 1024 viewsTonto

Your right RichRanger. We shouldn't go after players who are young and could have some sell on value just because they are coming from a toxic club.

We should go after some 35 y.o. after one final pay day.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Oh No! Blackburn rejects next! on 09:40 - Jan 24 with 965 viewsdaveB

So we shouldn't go for expensive players as they don't want to be here, we shouldn't go for a player aged over 28 as that's too old and we shouldn't buy anyone from Scotland and although we should be looking at the lower leagues we don't really want any of them as they are not good enough.

Is there anyone we are allowed to sign?
Oh No! Blackburn rejects next! on 09:47 - Jan 24 with 939 viewsCHUBBS

These are the sorts we should be looking at.Young talented players with plenty to prove who aren't gonna cost the earth and can help us return if relegated.
They may even help Hoillet play the way we know he can.
Oh No! Blackburn rejects next! on 09:48 - Jan 24 with 933 viewsNorthernr

Oh No! Blackburn rejects next! on 09:40 - Jan 24 by daveB

So we shouldn't go for expensive players as they don't want to be here, we shouldn't go for a player aged over 28 as that's too old and we shouldn't buy anyone from Scotland and although we should be looking at the lower leagues we don't really want any of them as they are not good enough.

Is there anyone we are allowed to sign?

I think I wrote in the Remy article on here that we've made so many awful signings us supporters have actually grown to fear making any more, Pavlov's dog style.
Oh No! Blackburn rejects next! on 09:56 - Jan 24 with 919 viewsdaveB

looking at who we've been linked with these two seem the most sensible signings I can think of. Get them in and work on the likes of Diakite and Faurlin in training to improve them and we might be ok.
Oh No! Blackburn rejects next! on 10:40 - Jan 24 with 855 viewsTHEBUSH

Oh No! Blackburn rejects next! on 09:56 - Jan 24 by daveB

looking at who we've been linked with these two seem the most sensible signings I can think of. Get them in and work on the likes of Diakite and Faurlin in training to improve them and we might be ok.

I agree, seem like sensible signings for our club.
I thought they were both decent Blackburn players, when I saw them play for them.
Oh No! Blackburn rejects next! on 10:48 - Jan 24 with 831 viewsadhoc_qpr

Oh No! Blackburn rejects next! on 09:56 - Jan 24 by daveB

I'd be happy enough with these two, Dann was excellent for Brum and Olssen is a good left back. Fabio is only on loan after all and we can switch him to the right if needed as well.

I agree though we've got to start paying more attention to coaching the players we have - for example, Wayne Routledge looks a different player after 2 years at Swansea with proper coaching and development.

Diakite needs serious tactical and positional coaching, Faurlin needs proper rehabilitation, Mbia should train with Derry (one has the ability and the other has the know how) etc etc
Oh No! Blackburn rejects next! on 13:46 - Jan 24 with 672 viewsMedwayR

I'd be very happy with Dann & Olsson, both decent players in areas that we need to strengthen. The fact that they were relegated with Blackburn is no reflection on their individual ability.

Poll: Who’s better?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024