Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
clarke carlisle on bbc3 22:00 - Jul 9 with 2926 viewsbeeeater

Top bloke just watched it. Wish some of our current squad cared as much
clarke carlisle on bbc3 on 22:07 - Jul 9 with 2898 viewsLimehouseR

Really good programme. Very emotional and I think Clarke is a really good figure to have in football when it comes to addressing the serious issues that perhaps don't get talked about enough.

I remember that game against Fulham very well. I'm sure Langley did his cruciates in the exact same game. Those two were our best prospects and losing them both pretty much condemned us to relegation that season.
clarke carlisle on bbc3 on 22:08 - Jul 9 with 2889 viewsFFC1

Great programme- he was absolutely distraught about the play off final game and it seems like he hasn't really got over it. Was wondering what the QPR fans think of him- he seems to have a proper affection for the club
clarke carlisle on bbc3 on 22:13 - Jul 9 with 2875 viewsbeeeater

clarke carlisle on bbc3 on 22:08 - Jul 9 by FFC1

Great programme- he was absolutely distraught about the play off final game and it seems like he hasn't really got over it. Was wondering what the QPR fans think of him- he seems to have a proper affection for the club

He's definitely gone up in my estimation now. Before was a bit unsure about him due to the way he left. Program answered alot of why it happened
clarke carlisle on bbc3 on 22:15 - Jul 9 with 2865 viewsFFC1

clarke carlisle on bbc3 on 22:13 - Jul 9 by beeeater

He's definitely gone up in my estimation now. Before was a bit unsure about him due to the way he left. Program answered alot of why it happened

He said something about hitting the bottle after the final and the whole summer being a write off so did he miss pre season or something?
clarke carlisle on bbc3 on 22:19 - Jul 9 with 2849 viewsbeeeater

clarke carlisle on bbc3 on 22:15 - Jul 9 by FFC1

He said something about hitting the bottle after the final and the whole summer being a write off so did he miss pre season or something?

After being out for about a year he said he needed to go back up north due to family problems. Then went to Watford. Due to he's acute depression I now realise what he was going through but none of that came out at the time
clarke carlisle on bbc3 on 00:09 - Jul 10 with 2733 viewsQPR442

clarke carlisle on bbc3 on 22:07 - Jul 9 by LimehouseR

Really good programme. Very emotional and I think Clarke is a really good figure to have in football when it comes to addressing the serious issues that perhaps don't get talked about enough.

I remember that game against Fulham very well. I'm sure Langley did his cruciates in the exact same game. Those two were our best prospects and losing them both pretty much condemned us to relegation that season.

It was Rufus that was the problem. I think he did both of them (or at least one). He played like an animal that night.
clarke carlisle on bbc3 on 09:39 - Jul 10 with 2559 viewsQPR1506

Have just watched it back, unbelievable!!! Just goes to show the banter which us fans think of it when chanting from the stands can have a massive affect on players.

In Redknapp We Trust !

clarke carlisle on bbc3 on 10:30 - Jul 10 with 2505 viewsbeeeater

clarke carlisle on bbc3 on 09:39 - Jul 10 by QPR1506

Have just watched it back, unbelievable!!! Just goes to show the banter which us fans think of it when chanting from the stands can have a massive affect on players.

Yep an asset for us until we turn against our own players
Login to get fewer ads

clarke carlisle on bbc3 on 10:42 - Jul 10 with 2489 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Yeah same game, I was there but cant remember who it was against.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

clarke carlisle on bbc3 on 10:46 - Jul 10 with 2478 viewstoboboly

clarke carlisle on bbc3 on 10:42 - Jul 10 by Metallica_Hoop

Yeah same game, I was there but cant remember who it was against.

Games against Fulham always go badly. Walton and Ainsworth both broke their legs against them in a friendly back in 2007 I think.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

clarke carlisle on bbc3 on 11:29 - Jul 10 with 2435 viewsW7Ranger

Remember that game and yes Langley done his Cruciate in the same game about 20mins later! Didn't know Rufus done Carlisle, was a proper crunching tackle an all!! Players I saw in our line up that night, Peacock, Gallen and Crouch!

The bit that really hit me was when he was walking down Church Road in Acton and into a park on the South Acton Estate where he tried to commit suicide. I lived there at the time and would walk through that park everyday on my way to work!! Couldn't understand why they were filming him in walking around in Acton until it unfolded he tried to kill himself there! He must have lived in that area at the time if his girlfriend found him, which surprises me. Very emotional scene watching that bit, and also with Gary Speed's Sister.

clarke carlisle on bbc3 on 11:54 - Jul 10 with 2420 viewsQPunkR

clarke carlisle on bbc3 on 09:39 - Jul 10 by QPR1506

Yeah at that point of the programme my thoughts turned to Boswanker. I really hope that c*nt took in even just an ounce of the vitriol that was poured on him in that Newcastle game.

Maybe not in the spirit of this thread, but that was my 2nd thought, after 'but Carlisle never got any abuse from our lot', certainly not before his injury. In fact, the only song I remember for him was the Superman one

QPR - "shit but local"

clarke carlisle on bbc3 on 12:52 - Jul 10 with 2371 viewsolderR

clarke carlisle on bbc3 on 10:46 - Jul 10 by toboboly

Games against Fulham always go badly. Walton and Ainsworth both broke their legs against them in a friendly back in 2007 I think.

Paul Went on Martyn Busby back in the dim and distant past.
clarke carlisle on bbc3 on 13:06 - Jul 10 with 2344 viewsW7Ranger

clarke carlisle on bbc3 on 12:52 - Jul 10 by olderR

Paul Went on Martyn Busby back in the dim and distant past.

Paul Went where on Martin Busby?
clarke carlisle on bbc3 on 13:34 - Jul 10 with 2313 viewsQPunkR

clarke carlisle on bbc3 on 13:06 - Jul 10 by W7Ranger

Paul Went where on Martin Busby?

His back

QPR - "shit but local"

clarke carlisle on bbc3 on 14:02 - Jul 10 with 2291 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Watched it as well. He's an impressive man. Hope he enjoys his retirement, but hope he stays involved in the fight for mental health. A subject close to my heart.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

clarke carlisle on bbc3 on 14:23 - Jul 10 with 2275 viewsRblockPrior

watched this last night and got to say it really touched me, you could see how much it really affected him us losing that final. He seemed very genuine also and I believe someone of his character is needed around to highlight these problems and offer help

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

clarke carlisle on bbc3 on 14:28 - Jul 10 with 2269 viewsbosh67

He's got a big future behind the scenes I reckon and will become a big wheel in football over years to come. Much deserved. He had horrendous personal problems near the end of his Rangers career which affected his last few performances, but he showed up and played, even though he wasn't really in a physical or mental state to do so. Much respect.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

clarke carlisle on bbc3 on 14:54 - Jul 10 with 2248 viewsW7Ranger

clarke carlisle on bbc3 on 14:28 - Jul 10 by bosh67

He's got a big future behind the scenes I reckon and will become a big wheel in football over years to come. Much deserved. He had horrendous personal problems near the end of his Rangers career which affected his last few performances, but he showed up and played, even though he wasn't really in a physical or mental state to do so. Much respect.

I remember when he suddenly had a long spell out of the team when he wasn't injured. I then sent a Private message to whoever was Admin at the time (Clive, Ron or Simon) that I'd heard he was involved in a drink drive accident but didn't want to post it on the board because I didn't know how reliable the rumour was. I got a message back saying they'ed heard a similar rumour, but was best to keep it off the board. I can only assume this would have been at the same time he tried to commit suicide, hence why he was out of the team for a while and I think this was when Ollie sent him to the Sporting Chance Clinic.

Good to see he's turned his life around, even though he still struggles with this horrible illness now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024