Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scum V Spurs 11:11 - Sep 21 with 40319 viewsTheClash

Go on Siggy get a hatrick and do the Swimaway

The Future is tomorrow's today!

Scum V Spurs on 14:31 - Sep 23 with 3411 viewsScoobyDoo

Scum V Spurs on 14:22 - Sep 23 by Andy1300

You getting me mixed up with someone else?

Seen enough of your shower to form that opinion.

I know it's childish but if you're spouting insults out expect them back.
How have you seen us? Highlights or have you been down the City?
Scum V Spurs on 14:38 - Sep 23 with 3395 viewsJackSomething

Scum V Spurs on 14:28 - Sep 23 by ScoobyDoo

You obviously haven't been reading through this thread butty, just spend a bit of time getting your facts right.

Please enlighten me at to what facts I have gotten wrong.

That I haven't written your team off yet, unlike many of my fellow Jacks?
That you were turgid yesterday?
That Spurs may not be a better team than last year?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Scum V Spurs on 15:01 - Sep 23 with 3369 viewsScoobyDoo

Scum V Spurs on 14:38 - Sep 23 by JackSomething

Please enlighten me at to what facts I have gotten wrong.

That I haven't written your team off yet, unlike many of my fellow Jacks?
That you were turgid yesterday?
That Spurs may not be a better team than last year?

The word turgid got me butt, Inflated? Bombastic?

Spurs not a better team than last year? Well they have already achieved something they didn't last season in being joint top, i know you could argue it's early doors yet but as some have already allured to on here they haven't clicked yet? After all, take Gareth Bale's goals away they wouldn't have finished where they did, now consider he has gone and they have replaced him with five or six quality players? I would say they are in a better position, wouldn't you?
Scum V Spurs on 15:11 - Sep 23 with 3365 viewsJackSomething

Scum V Spurs on 15:01 - Sep 23 by ScoobyDoo

The word turgid got me butt, Inflated? Bombastic?

Spurs not a better team than last year? Well they have already achieved something they didn't last season in being joint top, i know you could argue it's early doors yet but as some have already allured to on here they haven't clicked yet? After all, take Gareth Bale's goals away they wouldn't have finished where they did, now consider he has gone and they have replaced him with five or six quality players? I would say they are in a better position, wouldn't you?

Fair cop on turgid. I hold my hands up. Perhaps limited or unambitious would be better. Doesn't matter, as you were a matter of 90 seconds or so away from earning a point and making my opinion even more moot than it normally is.

I would agree that Spurs certainly should be a better team than last year, but a small part of me has a sneaking suspicion that they're going to fall away. One player doesn't make a team, but Bale provided so many moments of inspiration that are very hard to replace.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Scum V Spurs on 15:27 - Sep 23 with 3351 viewsAndy1300

Scum V Spurs on 14:31 - Sep 23 by ScoobyDoo

I know it's childish but if you're spouting insults out expect them back.
How have you seen us? Highlights or have you been down the City?

Only time I will be at your place is on nov 3rd to see us come away with 3 points.

I assume you were insulted by me calling your lot scum.

Number 1 team in Wales

Scum V Spurs on 18:28 - Sep 23 with 3293 viewsreddythered

Scum V Spurs on 15:11 - Sep 23 by JackSomething

Fair cop on turgid. I hold my hands up. Perhaps limited or unambitious would be better. Doesn't matter, as you were a matter of 90 seconds or so away from earning a point and making my opinion even more moot than it normally is.

I would agree that Spurs certainly should be a better team than last year, but a small part of me has a sneaking suspicion that they're going to fall away. One player doesn't make a team, but Bale provided so many moments of inspiration that are very hard to replace.

I'd disagree. Last season it was Bale and errm Bale. They've brought a lot of good players in making them far more well rounded.

I'd say we're not unambitious, more pragmatic. Against the top sides we need to defend and defend we did. We did however create chances - Campbell should have finished it making the Lloris red card issue irrelevant, Gunnarsson blasted over twice etc. Spurs play a high defensive line so defending / trying to hit on the break with pace isn't the worst tactic. AVB praised us and Malky anyways...

4 points out of 9 at home so far is 4 more than I expected from Man City, Everton and Spurs. We're not competing with them, it's the teams at the bottom we need to not lose against.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Scum V Spurs on 18:30 - Sep 23 with 3287 viewsdeanscfc

Scum V Spurs on 18:28 - Sep 23 by reddythered

I'd disagree. Last season it was Bale and errm Bale. They've brought a lot of good players in making them far more well rounded.

I'd say we're not unambitious, more pragmatic. Against the top sides we need to defend and defend we did. We did however create chances - Campbell should have finished it making the Lloris red card issue irrelevant, Gunnarsson blasted over twice etc. Spurs play a high defensive line so defending / trying to hit on the break with pace isn't the worst tactic. AVB praised us and Malky anyways...

4 points out of 9 at home so far is 4 more than I expected from Man City, Everton and Spurs. We're not competing with them, it's the teams at the bottom we need to not lose against.

"it's the teams at the bottom we need to not lose against"

or win against even? Sums up Cardiff's lack of ambition in that one line. Would hate to watch ten men behind the ball hoofball each week.
Scum V Spurs on 18:36 - Sep 23 with 3277 viewsreddythered

Scum V Spurs on 18:30 - Sep 23 by deanscfc

or win against even? Sums up Cardiff's lack of ambition in that one line. Would hate to watch ten men behind the ball hoofball each week.

Hardly. Wins would be great, a point fine. Lose those games then there's more onus on getting results against the bigger teams.

Ah yes, ten man behind ball hoofball. Like the seventeen* pass move that led the Kim running through the Man City defence for Gunarsson's goal versus Man City. Or the non-hoofball goal by Whitts at Hull.

Honestly, it's like when Big Sam was at Bolton with all the hoofball jibes when the stats showed it was actually the opposite.

Granted we've hoofed it out of defence a fair bit when under pressure but I've always preferred the ball in row Z in those situations. If Bellamy had any pace left he'd have caught up with a few of them.

* Yes, I know, not as many as you guys but we have to start somewhere.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Login to get fewer ads

Scum V Spurs on 18:38 - Sep 23 with 3269 viewsdeanscfc

Scum V Spurs on 18:36 - Sep 23 by reddythered

Hardly. Wins would be great, a point fine. Lose those games then there's more onus on getting results against the bigger teams.

Ah yes, ten man behind ball hoofball. Like the seventeen* pass move that led the Kim running through the Man City defence for Gunarsson's goal versus Man City. Or the non-hoofball goal by Whitts at Hull.

Honestly, it's like when Big Sam was at Bolton with all the hoofball jibes when the stats showed it was actually the opposite.

Granted we've hoofed it out of defence a fair bit when under pressure but I've always preferred the ball in row Z in those situations. If Bellamy had any pace left he'd have caught up with a few of them.

* Yes, I know, not as many as you guys but we have to start somewhere.

I've only watched half hour of your guys playing and that was against Spurs yesterday. To call it hoofball would be an understatement.
Scum V Spurs on 18:44 - Sep 23 with 3256 viewsScoobyDoo

Scum V Spurs on 18:30 - Sep 23 by deanscfc

Fecking hell aint it rich? Coming from a team that in the championship scored the lowest goals in a season? What's that? Four seasons ago?
Scum V Spurs on 18:49 - Sep 23 with 3250 viewsreddythered

Scum V Spurs on 18:38 - Sep 23 by deanscfc

I've only watched half hour of your guys playing and that was against Spurs yesterday. To call it hoofball would be an understatement.

Playing out of the back would have been suicide, being fair it wasn't exactly as if Spurs let us play.

My gripe is Turner far too often does launch the ball forward. If we had a target man you could understand it. There's usually some decent interplay in the middle of the park with Medel and Kim at the heart of it.

Scum V Spurs on 18:49 - Sep 23 with 3247 viewsScoobyDoo

Scum V Spurs on 18:38 - Sep 23 by deanscfc

Obviously haven't watched you lot for long then?
Scum V Spurs on 18:51 - Sep 23 with 3238 viewsScoobyDoo

Scum V Spurs on 18:49 - Sep 23 by reddythered

Playing out of the back would have been suicide, being fair it wasn't exactly as if Spurs let us play.

My gripe is Turner far too often does launch the ball forward. If we had a target man you could understand it. There's usually some decent interplay in the middle of the park with Medel and Kim at the heart of it.

Reddy, teams are targeting Turner so he has no other option mate.
Scum V Spurs on 19:07 - Sep 23 with 3214 viewsreddythered

Scum V Spurs on 18:51 - Sep 23 by ScoobyDoo

Reddy, teams are targeting Turner so he has no other option mate.

Teams have been targetting him for the last three seasons then.

It's hardly like Campbell is Akinfenwa.

When Turner learns to play the simple ball - into Medel, Kim, Whitts - we may start to keep the ball rather than inviting pressure back on ourselves.

Scum V Spurs on 19:15 - Sep 23 with 3199 viewsScoobyDoo

Scum V Spurs on 19:07 - Sep 23 by reddythered

Teams have been targetting him for the last three seasons then.

It's hardly like Campbell is Akinfenwa.

When Turner learns to play the simple ball - into Medel, Kim, Whitts - we may start to keep the ball rather than inviting pressure back on ourselves.

What game are you watching mate, teams are not giving him that option. Spurs played a high line yesterday, did you seriously think we could play through them?
Scum V Spurs on 19:19 - Sep 23 with 3191 viewsreddythered

Scum V Spurs on 19:15 - Sep 23 by ScoobyDoo

What game are you watching mate, teams are not giving him that option. Spurs played a high line yesterday, did you seriously think we could play through them?

With all due respect, a team of Spurs quality do you seriously think targetting Turner was their masterplan?

Medel and Kim certainly seemed more than capable of playing the ball around. Play through them for 90 minutes? Of course not.

But again, do you also seriously think every team we've played the last three seasons have targetted Turner? Because he's been doing the same thing every damn game.

Scum V Spurs on 19:27 - Sep 23 with 3180 viewsScoobyDoo

Scum V Spurs on 19:19 - Sep 23 by reddythered

With all due respect, a team of Spurs quality do you seriously think targetting Turner was their masterplan?

Medel and Kim certainly seemed more than capable of playing the ball around. Play through them for 90 minutes? Of course not.

But again, do you also seriously think every team we've played the last three seasons have targetted Turner? Because he's been doing the same thing every damn game.

Reddy this is the Premiership, possession is everything, how long were we chasing the ball yesterday? Target Turner as he is a stopper rather than a footballer, not knocking him as he has done alright but he is not technically gifted so his only option when he has no spce is to launch it mate, if your honest your glad he does.
Scum V Spurs on 19:33 - Sep 23 with 3167 viewsreddythered

Scum V Spurs on 19:27 - Sep 23 by ScoobyDoo

Reddy this is the Premiership, possession is everything, how long were we chasing the ball yesterday? Target Turner as he is a stopper rather than a footballer, not knocking him as he has done alright but he is not technically gifted so his only option when he has no spce is to launch it mate, if your honest your glad he does.

Turner was doing the same in the Championship, the point I've made three times! Turner is a solid defender but his distribution is woeful. Every time he gets the ball, first thought is lump it. Campbell isn't a target man.

And no, when we've had to defend deep, launching it against Prem opposition when there is virtually no-one up there is handing possession back. Which then means you give teams like Spurs more opportunity to attack.

When under the cosh, sure, you can clear the lines but it has to be effective, has to be targetted - around the touchline, get defenders going backwards to allow the team to break. Turner launching it to Spurs defenders the way he did meant they were quickly able to come forward, not allowing our players to push out. Putting us under more pressure.

Kim and Medel have both shown they have quick feet. No-one is suggesting passing it around in our own penalty area. Both those players showed they have the ability to beat players, keep possession, play others in. Turner launching it means those two, good as they've been, haven't been as effective as they can.

Scum V Spurs on 19:42 - Sep 23 with 3158 viewsScoobyDoo

Scum V Spurs on 19:33 - Sep 23 by reddythered

Turner was doing the same in the Championship, the point I've made three times! Turner is a solid defender but his distribution is woeful. Every time he gets the ball, first thought is lump it. Campbell isn't a target man.

And no, when we've had to defend deep, launching it against Prem opposition when there is virtually no-one up there is handing possession back. Which then means you give teams like Spurs more opportunity to attack.

When under the cosh, sure, you can clear the lines but it has to be effective, has to be targetted - around the touchline, get defenders going backwards to allow the team to break. Turner launching it to Spurs defenders the way he did meant they were quickly able to come forward, not allowing our players to push out. Putting us under more pressure.

Kim and Medel have both shown they have quick feet. No-one is suggesting passing it around in our own penalty area. Both those players showed they have the ability to beat players, keep possession, play others in. Turner launching it means those two, good as they've been, haven't been as effective as they can.

You obviously didn't take no notice of what i said about them playing a high line, there is no space for Medel and Kim, yes when play breaks down and Kim has space he is effective but playing from Marshall he has no option than to launch it. Do you think Hudson would be a better option? because i don't see any different really.
Scum V Spurs on 19:48 - Sep 23 with 3145 viewsreddythered

Scum V Spurs on 19:42 - Sep 23 by ScoobyDoo

You obviously didn't take no notice of what i said about them playing a high line, there is no space for Medel and Kim, yes when play breaks down and Kim has space he is effective but playing from Marshall he has no option than to launch it. Do you think Hudson would be a better option? because i don't see any different really.

All game long Medel and Kim were making space for themselves, like I said quick feet on those two. Nobody suggests you give them hospital passes, but seriously, as I keep asking and getting no reply, do you think teams have targetted Turner the past three seasons? I'd wager good money if some saddo statto broke down our defenders passes by length, Turner would be top in terms of average distance by a country mile.

Every time Turner launches it, the ball comes back. Can't do that against Prem teams.

Do I think Hudson is a better option? He's a better organiser than Turner sure, his distribution is better and at least when he launches it he scores. But no, if you're considering distribution only from our contenders to play centrally at the back, Connolly is the best ball player we could put alongside Caulker at the moment. Would I want him there? No. Turner imo is better defensively, that's more important. Doesn't mean you have to turn a blind eye to the fact him hoofing it causes more problems for the team.

Amondarain is a long term prospect. Would be interesting to see if Mackay goes for a ball playing defender in January.

Scum V Spurs on 20:00 - Sep 23 with 3134 viewsScoobyDoo

Scum V Spurs on 19:48 - Sep 23 by reddythered

All game long Medel and Kim were making space for themselves, like I said quick feet on those two. Nobody suggests you give them hospital passes, but seriously, as I keep asking and getting no reply, do you think teams have targetted Turner the past three seasons? I'd wager good money if some saddo statto broke down our defenders passes by length, Turner would be top in terms of average distance by a country mile.

Every time Turner launches it, the ball comes back. Can't do that against Prem teams.

Do I think Hudson is a better option? He's a better organiser than Turner sure, his distribution is better and at least when he launches it he scores. But no, if you're considering distribution only from our contenders to play centrally at the back, Connolly is the best ball player we could put alongside Caulker at the moment. Would I want him there? No. Turner imo is better defensively, that's more important. Doesn't mean you have to turn a blind eye to the fact him hoofing it causes more problems for the team.

Amondarain is a long term prospect. Would be interesting to see if Mackay goes for a ball playing defender in January.

We are going round in circles mate, Tottenham never allowed us to play from the back, our game plan last season wasn't to play from the back as y
ou know. Lets see how it goes against the not so technacally gifted teams.

Against the better sides we are happy when they are in possession, we are organised and compact.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2013 20:04]
Scum V Spurs on 20:02 - Sep 23 with 3127 viewsreddythered

Scum V Spurs on 20:00 - Sep 23 by ScoobyDoo

We are going round in circles mate, Tottenham never allowed us to play from the back, our game plan last season wasn't to play from the back as y

Against the better sides we are happy when they are in possession, we are organised and compact.

We played from the back early last season, when tearing teams apart at home.

Nobody is suggesting play everything from the back. Problem was Turner acted like a headless chicken at timmes, blindly hoofing it when there was nobody up there.

Which then meant the ball came straight back putting us under pressure. Sure, that's not solely Turner's fault, there was no outlet. But you can't deny that his first intention in every game when he has the ball is to play it long. And that is hurting us at times.

Scum V Spurs on 20:05 - Sep 23 with 3122 viewsWatchman

they did not allow you to play because the EPL has already found your lot out. Milky McCoy needs to find a plan B and sharpish

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Scum V Spurs on 20:13 - Sep 23 with 3112 viewsborinifanclub

I have seen it all now ....two scum fans arguing on a swans forum

Every day I thank the good Lord for the blessings he gives me. Every new day gives me a new opportunity to laugh at the red chumps up the road.

Scum V Spurs on 20:13 - Sep 23 with 3109 viewsScoobyDoo

Scum V Spurs on 20:02 - Sep 23 by reddythered

We played from the back early last season, when tearing teams apart at home.

Nobody is suggesting play everything from the back. Problem was Turner acted like a headless chicken at timmes, blindly hoofing it when there was nobody up there.

Which then meant the ball came straight back putting us under pressure. Sure, that's not solely Turner's fault, there was no outlet. But you can't deny that his first intention in every game when he has the ball is to play it long. And that is hurting us at times.

No disagree, he is not technacally gifted so he plays to his strengths, we can't make him something he aint, he is doing ok as is the team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024