Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread 13:15 - Sep 25 with 54455 viewsjackharris

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24140580

[Post edited 25 Sep 2013 13:45]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 13:45 - Sep 25 with 22795 viewsairedale

Somebody needs to pin this to the wall.

We looked for a stream a couple of days ago and wasser thinks she found one on Eurosport.au.

Is that Eurosport Australia?
The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 15:12 - Sep 25 with 22660 viewsmikecph

Looking forward to the game tonight. I wonder who ML will play and who will be rested :)
The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 15:23 - Sep 25 with 22637 viewsSwanfan1

So apparently no one thinks last season´s winners of the cup
deserves to be showed on tv, then what the feck is the point of the cup then.. just scrap it..

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 15:31 - Sep 25 with 22629 viewssomersetsimon

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 15:12 - Sep 25 by mikecph

Looking forward to the game tonight. I wonder who ML will play and who will be rested :)

Any info on which players have travelled with the squad?
The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 18:12 - Sep 25 with 22261 viewsLaudrup

Live updates: Birmingham City v Swansea City

Join us from 7pm for team news and updates as Swansea City take on Birmingham City in the Capital One Cup on Wednesday evening at St Andrews (7.45pm kick off).

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Live-updates-Birmingham-City-v-Swansea-C

I hate signatures

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 18:20 - Sep 25 with 22231 viewsLaudrup

http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/Birmingham-s-Lee-Clark-Swansea-sweeping-everyb

Birmingham's Lee Clark: 'Swansea are sweeping everybody aside'

By V_Jones | Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Birmingham City's manager reckons their clash with Swansea City will be the hardest tie outside of the Premier League's top six.

The Swans take on Birmingham City at St Andrew's tonight (7.45pm) with Lee Clark warning his players against the Capital One Cup winners.

"Swansea's a club on the up, not just the team as it's been a club on the rise for many years. They are the holders of the competition and they're sweeping everybody aside at this moment in time in no matter what competition they play.

"I was at West Brom and Swansea won that game comfortably. They went to Valencia, not an easy place, and won that game comfortably and then they did the same at Crystal Palace over the weekend.

"They will make changes but I think their squad is that strong and the philosophy of how they want to play never changes that we know it's going to be a tough game."

It will be Swansea City's first game in the competition since they beat Bradford City at Wembley last February and clinched the first trophy in their history.

The Blues boss has told his side, who are currently 18th in the Championship, to be wary of the "quality" pass masters.

"If you give the ball back to a quality team like Swansea then you could spend a long time trying to get it back.

"Being without the ball for four or five minutes can seem like four or five hours, that's how it could be because they are so good.

"What I like about them is that there's a purpose to their passing, they pass the ball and they keep it because they want to try to break lines.

"They want to get their full-backs high up the pitch, they want to get their deep-lying striker into those little pockets to get the ball and slip people in, they've got widemen with pace who run in behind or come inside the full-backs.

"We've got to be aware of all of this and do the right thing without the ball and then when we've got it, we've got to play our own game."

Birmingham have picked up seven points from eight games — their latest a 4-1 win over Sheffield Wednesday.

They progressed to the third round of the competition after beating Plymouth and then Yeovil, via a penalty shootout.

I hate signatures

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 18:23 - Sep 25 with 22211 viewsalphonseM

anyone found a stream? wiziwig doesn't have it
The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 18:36 - Sep 25 with 22116 viewsOldjack

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 18:23 - Sep 25 by alphonseM

anyone found a stream? wiziwig doesn't have it

http://www.livestreamfootball.eu/free-live-stream/29480/Birmingham_City_vs_Swans god knows if it will work mind

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 18:38 - Sep 25 with 22100 viewsalphonseM

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 18:36 - Sep 25 by Oldjack

http://www.livestreamfootball.eu/free-live-stream/29480/Birmingham_City_vs_Swans god knows if it will work mind

thanks! will keep my fingers crossed :)
The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 18:49 - Sep 25 with 21980 viewsLaudrup

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/birmingham-preview-1076277.aspx

PREVIEW: Birmingham v Swans

PUBLISHED
12:45 25th September 2013

. . . Swans set to defend their title at St Andrews

The Swans begin the defence of their Capital One Cup crown against Birmingham City at St Andrews on Wednesday night (7.45pm).
Michael Laudrup’s side play in the competition for the first time since beating Bradford City at Wembley last February, which secured the club’s first major trophy.
The holders head to the Championship outfit — winners of the League Cup in 2011 - looking to build momentum on the past week which included a draw with Liverpool and victories in Valencia and Crystal Palace.
Birmingham are currently 18th in the Championship, with Lee Clark’s side picking up seven points from eight games — their latest a 4-1 win over Sheffield Wednesday.
The Blues beat Plymouth and then Yeovil, via a penalty shootout, to progress to the third round.

TEAM NEWS
The Swans are again without Pablo Hernandez (hamstring) while skipper Ashley Williams (ankle) is a doubt. Neil Taylor, however, is set for a recall after recovering from a thigh problem which has sidelined him for the past month.
The Blues are without Swans loanee Kyle Bartley as he’s not eligible to face his parent club while Jesse Lingard — on loan from Manchester United — is also unavailable.
Lee Novak, Hayden Mullins, Akwasi Asante and Nikola Zigic are all on the injured list while David Murphy is set to be rested.

WHAT THEY SAID
Birmingham boss Lee Clark: “In my opinion, it's the hardest tie outside of the (Premier League's) top six for various reasons.
“Swansea's a club on the up, not just the team as it's been a club on the rise for many years.
“They are the holders of the competition and they're sweeping everybody aside at this moment in time in no matter what competition they play.”

Swans manager Michael Laudrup: “I told the players last season that the cup is a possibility for smaller clubs to have success. You only need a few wins and you're in the semi-final, so we have to try and do that.
“I think everybody still remembers that feeling, standing with the trophy after winning against Bradford.
“Birmingham are a strong side. I think they will think the same way as I do.
“They've reached the final and won this competition, so they know it's possible. They will try to beat us to get there again.”

Birmingham stats
David Murphy and Colin Doyle are the only surviving Blues players still at the club that were in the squad when the sides last met — a 0-0 draw at St Andrews in the Championship.
The only cup meeting (excluding Football League Trophy) between the teams was an FA Cup encounter in January 1950 at the Vetch, which the Swans won 3-0.
Birmingham have played the Swans 29 times in competitive fixtures — the Blues have won 15 while the Swans have triumphed in seven with seven stalemates.

Swans stats
In the League Cup, the Swans have lost just two of their last seven games on the road.
The holders have kept clean sheets in their last four games in the competition.
From their four games so far this month, Michael Laudrup’s side are unbeaten.

You will be able to follow the game via our website, while you can also keep up to date with all the action via our Twitter account @SwansOfficial

I hate signatures

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 18:52 - Sep 25 with 21939 viewsLaudrup

[Post edited 25 Sep 2013 19:02]

I hate signatures

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 19:01 - Sep 25 with 21763 viewsswanseacityfan

swansea team at Bham - Tremmel, Tiendalli, Amat, Monk (C), Taylor, Britton, de Guzman, Shelvey, Lamah, Pozuelo, Bony.

"Na na na na na na na na na, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Sigurdsson, Gylfi Sigurdsson"

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 19:01 - Sep 25 with 21749 viewsPedroJack

SWANS: Tremmel, Tiendalli, Amat, Monk (C), Taylor, Britton, de Guzman, Shelvey, Lamah, Pozuelo, Bony
The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 19:01 - Sep 25 with 21744 viewshobo

SWANS: Tremmel, Tiendalli, Amat, Monk (C), Taylor, Britton, de Guzman, Shelvey, Lamah, Pozuelo, Bony.
SUBS: Vorm, Chico, Davies, Canas, Routledge, Michu, Vazquez.

Disappointed Donnelly or Sheehan aren't on the bench
The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 19:04 - Sep 25 with 21680 viewsJokeren1943

Nice to see Taylor, Britton and Lamah back.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2013 19:04]
The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 19:05 - Sep 25 with 21637 viewsSwanfan1

Any stream, really wanted to see Pozuelo taking responsibility in the Michu role

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 19:06 - Sep 25 with 21615 viewsPedroJack

Much stronger than I thought to be honest. Come on!!
The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 19:07 - Sep 25 with 21569 viewstf_jack

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 19:05 - Sep 25 by Swanfan1

Any stream, really wanted to see Pozuelo taking responsibility in the Michu role

10 changes for tonight.

Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 19:08 - Sep 25 with 21561 viewsLaudrup

I hate signatures

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 19:09 - Sep 25 with 21507 viewsDr_Winston

Thought we'd see Vasquez ahead of Bony. Otherwise whatever team we put out is pretty strong these days.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 19:10 - Sep 25 with 21481 viewsLaudrup

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 19:05 - Sep 25 by Swanfan1

Pozuelo is playing as winger again tonight.

I hate signatures

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 19:11 - Sep 25 with 21446 viewstreboethjack

Great to see Monk get a game at a level which he is more than capable of!

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 19:12 - Sep 25 with 21446 viewsDarran

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 19:08 - Sep 25 by Laudrup

Brum number 6 Dan Bum.

I know it's Burn f*ck off.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 19:16 - Sep 25 with 21326 viewsAtleticoAbertawe

Wiziwig have a link for Tranmere vs Stoke FFS! But no one anywhere is showing a game between a team who have won the competition in the few years against the current holders.

"If you bring in £80, then don’t spend £100. That’s not hard, is it?" - Huw Jenkins 2013

The Official Birmingham City v Swansea City Matchday/Night Thread on 19:17 - Sep 25 with 21307 viewsmax936

Looks like Canas instead of Britton for Arsenal game, I wouldn't fr one minute dispute ML's decision there, but for me Britton offers better control and breaks oppositions play up better than Canas does at present, I like Canas, he'll be a great player for us, but I still prefer Brits at the moment.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024