Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non QPR - NYE fireworks on the thames - best places to be? 20:50 - Dec 28 with 2788 viewsRamseyR

Any advice appreciated.

Never been to see the fireworks along the thames on NYE. Can anyone advise on where the best places are to view from or where there is other stuff going on.

Perhaps this could be stickied for the next couple of days?
Non QPR - NYE fireworks on the thames - best places to be? on 23:19 - Dec 28 with 2756 viewsLblock

Best place to see them is on the sofa, or laying on the floor with the K9 if the missus has fallen a kip on said sofa.

As for other stuff going on - I think there's a party round that good looking birds gaff but it's only the cool people in my year going. So I wont be at that.

NYE? Fock it! Night in, bottle of bubbles and Jools Holland..... dont resurrect the Danny Dire thread!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Non QPR - NYE fireworks on the thames - best places to be? on 23:29 - Dec 28 with 2749 viewsTW_R

Non QPR - NYE fireworks on the thames - best places to be? on 23:19 - Dec 28 by Lblock

Best place to see them is on the sofa, or laying on the floor with the K9 if the missus has fallen a kip on said sofa.

As for other stuff going on - I think there's a party round that good looking birds gaff but it's only the cool people in my year going. So I wont be at that.

NYE? Fock it! Night in, bottle of bubbles and Jools Holland..... dont resurrect the Danny Dire thread!!

What Lblock said. You have to be there hours before hand to have a chance of getting a decent view and basically freeze your arse off to watch them. Don't really get it.

If you're seriously going to go, I would try to get North Bank opposite the London Eye.
Non QPR - NYE fireworks on the thames - best places to be? on 11:13 - Dec 29 with 2654 viewssmegma

The forecast is for high winds ,heavy rain and sub zero temperatures.
Non QPR - NYE fireworks on the thames - best places to be? on 11:38 - Dec 29 with 2635 viewsGloryHunter

I agree with everyone else - you can't see a thing when you're down on the embankment or on one of the bridges. And you can't buy a drink anywhere and then you get kettled by the police. Tried it once - never again.
Non QPR - NYE fireworks on the thames - best places to be? on 11:46 - Dec 29 with 2623 viewsRamseyR

You're not selling it to me chaps!....I'll keep an eye on the weather forecast and perhaps rethink
Non QPR - NYE fireworks on the thames - best places to be? on 12:47 - Dec 29 with 2587 viewslondonscottish

Non QPR - NYE fireworks on the thames - best places to be? on 11:38 - Dec 29 by GloryHunter

I agree with everyone else - you can't see a thing when you're down on the embankment or on one of the bridges. And you can't buy a drink anywhere and then you get kettled by the police. Tried it once - never again.

Oh yeah. And there are about two portaloos per 100,000 people. With massive queues.

And ginormous queues for the tube afterwards.

I ended up walking from the Embankment to Marble Arch before I could find a cab.

Never again.......

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Non QPR - NYE fireworks on the thames - best places to be? on 13:09 - Dec 29 with 2572 viewsBromleyHoop

Did it last year. It was horrific. Charing X and all tube stations nearby were closed so no one could get home. Families with babies were being crushed by crowds that couldn't go anywhere. At 3am the streets were still packed as crowds pushed against each other trying to go nowhere.
I'm surprised there were no serious injuries or deaths. It was shameful.

Stay local my friend!

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Non QPR - NYE fireworks on the thames - best places to be? on 13:19 - Dec 29 with 2558 viewsantoknee64

Try and book a table at Roof Top Restaurant Hilton Park Lane,best view apart from The London Eye.
Gud luck
Login to get fewer ads

Non QPR - NYE fireworks on the thames - best places to be? on 13:43 - Dec 29 with 2544 viewsBlackCrowe

Non QPR - NYE fireworks on the thames - best places to be? on 11:46 - Dec 29 by RamseyR

You're not selling it to me chaps!....I'll keep an eye on the weather forecast and perhaps rethink

Ramsey, if you prepared to throw a few quid at it then Somerset House is hard to beat. We did it a couple of NYE's ago - cost about £40 from memory which included a half bottle of champers and full access to the all the bars and restaurants (and ice rink if you're so inclined) in Somerset House but more importantly the balcony overlooking Waterloo bridge, westminster and the millenium wheel. Spectacluar views of the fireworks and a great place to hang out and sink a few in uncrowded comfort in the run-up.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Non QPR - NYE fireworks on the thames - best places to be? on 19:58 - Dec 29 with 2461 viewsJuzzie

Do it once. Then never, ever again.
Non QPR - NYE fireworks on the thames - best places to be? on 20:10 - Dec 29 with 2455 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

The only advice I can give is dont stand under any of the the bridges, the fireworks go off and you cant see a thing for the smoke.

As others have said, stay at home and watch it on 'telly - but if you do go then have fun etc!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024