Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taxi for Redknapp 17:07 - Dec 29 with 11656 viewsdodge_stoke_r

What manager puts out a team with NO forwards in it? The players must too surely be questioning some of his strange methods. It's not the fact that we haven't won for a few games, it's the fact that we have looked totaly clueless and bewildered for most of the time. Even when we have won games we have looked anything but convincing.
Taxi for Redknapp on 22:54 - Dec 29 with 2446 viewsthame_hoops

Taxi for Redknapp on 22:47 - Dec 29 by Northernr

Look just buy old saggy chops his striker. If that's what he wants, and that charade on Boxing Day and then that farce today is what we're going to get unless he gets his way, then let him spunk some more money on Carlton Cole or whoever. I can't keep watching this. It's fcking dull as hell.

Taxi for Redknapp on 22:58 - Dec 29 with 2439 viewssevenhoop

Taxi for Redknapp on 22:47 - Dec 29 by Northernr

Look just buy old saggy chops his striker. If that's what he wants, and that charade on Boxing Day and then that farce today is what we're going to get unless he gets his way, then let him spunk some more money on Carlton Cole or whoever. I can't keep watching this. It's fcking dull as hell.

Totally agree. How the hell do we employ a manager who sent out an exciting team every week at Spurs ('don't are if you score loads, we'll score more'), and he turns in this shite, game after game? He needs or work out his best team and , injury apart, stick with it and hope for consistent performances from the likes of Hoilett and Phillips.

Sad to say, but the last time we saw consistent, exhilarating football was for a few glorious weeks under Magilton
Taxi for Redknapp on 23:05 - Dec 29 with 2416 viewsstansleftfoot

Harry does look like he's sulking, Jordan looks like he's writing a shopping list, it's not entirely clear what Kevin Bond does.
I think the Coaches are out of their depth, I suspect training is just spent stretching, recovering, etc, etc, I don't think they think about how to win games of football. If it is discussed I don't think the players get involved.
We'd have to get very lucky to catch Carlton Cole on a good run of form so I hope it's not him....
Taxi for Redknapp on 23:07 - Dec 29 with 2411 viewsNorthernr

Taxi for Redknapp on 23:05 - Dec 29 by stansleftfoot

Harry does look like he's sulking, Jordan looks like he's writing a shopping list, it's not entirely clear what Kevin Bond does.
I think the Coaches are out of their depth, I suspect training is just spent stretching, recovering, etc, etc, I don't think they think about how to win games of football. If it is discussed I don't think the players get involved.
We'd have to get very lucky to catch Carlton Cole on a good run of form so I hope it's not him....

Kevin Bond's the driver.
Taxi for Redknapp on 23:41 - Dec 29 with 2376 viewsSomersetHoops

I have been positive about Harry despite the awfully boring play and tactics, but I can't endorse the way he deliberately picks a team to fail to use as blackmail against the board so they feel obligated to buy whatever old ex Harry managed past-it old donkey he wants. If he gets Carlton Cole that will be the last straw for me.

Why can't we have someone in our management team who can recognise talent, enthusiasm and commitment from a player young and inexpensive enough to be good value and bring the sharpness and striking ability we so obviously need?

Who's Next?

Taxi for Redknapp on 23:46 - Dec 29 with 2370 viewsted_hendrix

Surely Carlton Cole will be required by WHU to get them out of the Championship next season?
When I say surely I mean hopefully.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Taxi for Redknapp on 23:55 - Dec 29 with 2360 viewsBrightonhoop

I remember telling my Father last January 1st that QPR had ruined my Christmas, as usual. He phoned me on the 2nd and said 'how come you beat Chelsea away?' January 2 2013, Harry's finest hour and a half? Quite possibly, first win at the Bridge in 34 years, last time Gloria Gaynor was Number 1....I bought another Turkey and did it all over again just to restore parity. So go on 'Arry, send me Turkey shopping again, just like you're about to embark on too!
Taxi for Redknapp on 00:22 - Dec 30 with 2334 viewsHollowayRanger

i remys season loan at newcastle a done deal

if not tell pardew we want him back or one of the ameobi's on loan

i dont think tony will spend much maybe 1 striker if we are lucky so we must look for at least 1 loan as well

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Login to get fewer ads

Taxi for Redknapp on 00:34 - Dec 30 with 2325 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Taxi for Redknapp on 17:31 - Dec 29 by QPRDave

One that doesn't have any fit strikers?

Mate, Johnson and Zamora are as fit as they are ever likely to be. Yesterday smacked of Redknapp playing games to force Fernandez into the transfer market. Surely between the two of them we could have gotten somewhere near ninety minutes out of them! For a team with aleged promotion aspirations, to start a game with no strikers whilst leaving two on the bench is completely unacceptable if not downright stupid.
Taxi for Redknapp on 00:49 - Dec 30 with 2309 viewsBrightonhoop

That's Arry. Not the sharpest tool in the box. I keep thinking about the fella in his book that mugged him off on the horses....
Taxi for Redknapp on 02:14 - Dec 30 with 2273 viewsTW_R

Taxi for Redknapp on 00:22 - Dec 30 by HollowayRanger

i remys season loan at newcastle a done deal

if not tell pardew we want him back or one of the ameobi's on loan

i dont think tony will spend much maybe 1 striker if we are lucky so we must look for at least 1 loan as well

I'm suprised you'd want an injury prone striker like Remy anywhere near our squad.
Taxi for Redknapp on 07:48 - Dec 30 with 2231 viewsngbqpr

Taxi for Redknapp on 23:55 - Dec 29 by Brightonhoop

I remember telling my Father last January 1st that QPR had ruined my Christmas, as usual. He phoned me on the 2nd and said 'how come you beat Chelsea away?' January 2 2013, Harry's finest hour and a half? Quite possibly, first win at the Bridge in 34 years, last time Gloria Gaynor was Number 1....I bought another Turkey and did it all over again just to restore parity. So go on 'Arry, send me Turkey shopping again, just like you're about to embark on too!

Didn't we win at Chelsea without a recognised striker? ;)

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Taxi for Redknapp on 08:12 - Dec 30 with 2218 viewsLowerloftLad

My aim at the start of the season was to just stay up we our well on course to do so and with Everton in the cup I'm looking forward to playing a top premier league side in a one off game but Is there really a big rush to get back to premier league ? ? ?

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Taxi for Redknapp on 08:31 - Dec 30 with 2200 viewsFearless

Taxi for Redknapp on 08:12 - Dec 30 by LowerloftLad

My aim at the start of the season was to just stay up we our well on course to do so and with Everton in the cup I'm looking forward to playing a top premier league side in a one off game but Is there really a big rush to get back to premier league ? ? ?

Not for me, no.

But for TF, the other owners/backers. Beard and "his" new ground etc

Yes
Taxi for Redknapp on 08:34 - Dec 30 with 2195 viewsPommyhoop

Taxi for Redknapp on 07:48 - Dec 30 by ngbqpr

Didn't we win at Chelsea without a recognised striker? ;)

Looking forward to the Niko Kranjcar V Watford one
[Post edited 30 Dec 2013 8:52]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Taxi for Redknapp on 09:25 - Dec 30 with 2125 viewsjonno

Taxi for Redknapp on 23:07 - Dec 29 by Northernr

Kevin Bond's the driver.

Well exactly. It's why I asked on here a few weeks ago what exactly does Bond do? Jordan as well for that matter. Because we know Redknapp doesn't coach and I find it strange that given that we had those two already why someone (presumably HR) thought we needed to bring in McLaren. If so, it would seem he doesn't rate his two mates that highly.
And looking at the results - and the performances - since McLaren left, and looking at Derby's improvement, you would have to come to the conclusion that something is now missing - and has gone to Derby.
Taxi for Redknapp on 09:33 - Dec 30 with 2106 viewssimmo

Taxi for Redknapp on 22:11 - Dec 29 by stansleftfoot

They have lost the plot, Charlie Austin is a twenty goal year striker, he'll get 30 if he gets the chances, the six midfielders who played today would get you 15-18 goals over a 23 game period at this level.
When Charlie doesn't get chances and ends up defending from the centre forward position he can't get goals.
The Burnley full back Kieran Trippier creates 10-20 goals a year, he puts between half a dozen to a dozen balls into the box each game, Ings is still scoring from them, this year Trippier has created 9 goals.
There might be an argument that our coaching and strategy is letting the players down, how and why are we taking short corners? why do the midfield never get past the striker? why do we never put an early ball into the box? why can't these players triangulate their passing as they advance.
Todays performance had some hope to it, but Watford did not pressure us like many teams would. This was an easy game to win and we failed by some distance.
There are plenty of goals in this midfield, more than enough historically by career statistics, if you add a further 15 goals to our current total QPR would be 12 points clear today.
I think we need some inspirational coaching expertise, Bond and Jordon are lost in the dark and are choosing to ignore the obvious.

Good post.

The biggest mystery is we have bothered to buy Charlie Austin, or loan an attacking full back in BAE, or spend money on a fast winger like Phillips and then not use any of them for the reasons they have been successful in the past.

Work crossing positions, get bodies in the box, get to the 2nd balls. That is what we have the players for. If that 2nd Blackpool goal didnt teach us then we will never learn. That 90mins yesterday was a dsgrace. I could do without nearly £30 a ticket at this time of year to watch a team with no fckin forwards or proper attempts on goal.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Taxi for Redknapp on 09:35 - Dec 30 with 2106 viewsdaveB

I can see why he played that team yesterday, I thought it worked first half as well as we were by far the better side.

Problem is Johnson and Zamora are always injured and both will be needed on Wednesday, no way can they do two games in 4 games so he had no other option yesterday.

We're having a bad run, all teams have them but it's incredible how quickly fans want to turn on Redknapp. Crap football and 1-0 wins when Mclaren was here is now seen as genius but now we've gone 3 without a win it's all doom and gloom.
Taxi for Redknapp on 09:48 - Dec 30 with 2092 viewsQPunkR

Taxi for Redknapp on 09:33 - Dec 30 by simmo

Good post.

The biggest mystery is we have bothered to buy Charlie Austin, or loan an attacking full back in BAE, or spend money on a fast winger like Phillips and then not use any of them for the reasons they have been successful in the past.

Work crossing positions, get bodies in the box, get to the 2nd balls. That is what we have the players for. If that 2nd Blackpool goal didnt teach us then we will never learn. That 90mins yesterday was a dsgrace. I could do without nearly £30 a ticket at this time of year to watch a team with no fckin forwards or proper attempts on goal.

Too right. It's not nice forking out all that money for a ticket and seeing Redknapp standing stock still in his technical area and not fixing the problem of his own making, namely us playing 4-5-bloody 0
He came for a 0-0 and was probably the only person in the ground satisfied with that

QPR - "shit but local"

Taxi for Redknapp on 09:49 - Dec 30 with 2093 viewsbob566

Taxi for Redknapp on 09:35 - Dec 30 by daveB

I can see why he played that team yesterday, I thought it worked first half as well as we were by far the better side.

Problem is Johnson and Zamora are always injured and both will be needed on Wednesday, no way can they do two games in 4 games so he had no other option yesterday.

We're having a bad run, all teams have them but it's incredible how quickly fans want to turn on Redknapp. Crap football and 1-0 wins when Mclaren was here is now seen as genius but now we've gone 3 without a win it's all doom and gloom.

Dave, stop trying to bring some reasoning to the thread.

For what its worth and I only saw the football league show highlights I thought Kranky had what looked like a half decent game. Hopefully that's something to be positive about.

People are whinging about not playing a striker but he played Zamora last week and the MB went into meltdown.

Hopefully AJ and CA start up front on Wednesday.

Also I think you are all a little disrespectful to Watford. What gives us a divine right to win away from home to them.
Taxi for Redknapp on 09:55 - Dec 30 with 2084 viewsdaveB

Taxi for Redknapp on 09:48 - Dec 30 by QPunkR

Too right. It's not nice forking out all that money for a ticket and seeing Redknapp standing stock still in his technical area and not fixing the problem of his own making, namely us playing 4-5-bloody 0
He came for a 0-0 and was probably the only person in the ground satisfied with that

How was he going to fix the problem yesterday? Zamora is finished and Johnson not far behind him. He's build 3 quarters of a good side in one transfer window and he'll finish the job next month imo
Taxi for Redknapp on 09:58 - Dec 30 with 2078 viewssimmo

Taxi for Redknapp on 09:49 - Dec 30 by bob566

Dave, stop trying to bring some reasoning to the thread.

For what its worth and I only saw the football league show highlights I thought Kranky had what looked like a half decent game. Hopefully that's something to be positive about.

People are whinging about not playing a striker but he played Zamora last week and the MB went into meltdown.

Hopefully AJ and CA start up front on Wednesday.

Also I think you are all a little disrespectful to Watford. What gives us a divine right to win away from home to them.

Because they are shit. Because they concede goals for fun through an incredibly porous defence, because even a modicum of ambition and intent would have allowed us to take 3 points yesterday.

We went to get a draw, to make a point to the board, to try to keep possession over actually getting a result. You shouldnt charge people nearly £30 a ticket when it looks like you are playing a game to suit your own agenda.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Taxi for Redknapp on 10:05 - Dec 30 with 2061 viewsdaveB

I don't buy this nonsense about Redknapp having an agenda, he'll get money to spend if he wants it, every manager here in the last ten years has been given money to spend, he picked that team yesterday as it was the best one we had, only change I would have made is Hoilett and Kranjcar swapping roles.

Watford are no mugs at home but we should have won yesterday even without any forwards
Taxi for Redknapp on 10:16 - Dec 30 with 2040 viewsisawqpratwcity

Taxi for Redknapp on 09:55 - Dec 30 by daveB

How was he going to fix the problem yesterday? Zamora is finished and Johnson not far behind him. He's build 3 quarters of a good side in one transfer window and he'll finish the job next month imo

I agree with you that Zamora is finished, and I reckon even he would concede that.

I don't agree that Johnson is finished. He was pretty bad yesterday, nervous, out of form and a sucker for getting caught off-side. But he wasn't limping around and he was trying.

Either Austin gets well quickly or we get a new striker in bloody fast, because we need a certified go-to striker, but then Johnson should get fed in late in the game like yesterday, only preferably after we're in front, to get the reflexes working again and build up a bit of confidence.

Incidentally, I see that gradual easing-in process as the best strategy for Hitchcock, too. Give him the odd ten or fifteen minutes to develop skills and pace above League Two.

I'm not in favour of 4-4-2, one decent striker at a time is enough if we get our feed to him sorted.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Taxi for Redknapp on 10:17 - Dec 30 with 2037 viewsPinnerPaul

Taxi for Redknapp on 09:35 - Dec 30 by daveB

Exactly Dave and Steve McClaren had nothing to do with getting Tottengham to 4th place in the Premier League - twice! Now all of a sudden Harry can't manage and the coaching team can't coach!

See my panic not thread - as you say over a 46 game season, every team has a "bad" run - we had two when promoted last time.

Its all about opinions but ridiculous over reaction on here IMHO, many don't like HR and that is clouding judgment of many I think.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024