Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Information required 16:56 - Apr 8 with 2578 viewsthemaclad

Will be coming to your ground on 3/5/2015 hopefully to celebrate PNE's exit from League 1 to the Championship and your survival in League 1.
Please advise on the best places to abandon the car given that you appear to play miles away from the town. We will be bringing quite a few down for the game so make sure your pubs are well stocked.
Good luck in the survival bid between now and 3/5/2015.
Information required on 17:04 - Apr 8 with 1797 viewsBarsidepete

Near the Bricklayers, not far from the train station. Then take the bus. Otherwise, you can probably find a place to park at the grounds if you don't mind that expense. But the bus has always been my option with Panners, MFB, Daniel .. Very simple to get to our charming grounds.

and btw, a point may do us both good then. If The Lilywhites --sorry, the Whites-- don't need one, can you rest everyone, please? Your mates will get so many gratifying pints you'll have to stay an extra day to recover .. I'm certain you lot will be safely up by then.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2015 17:18]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Information required on 17:15 - Apr 8 with 1784 viewsthemaclad

Information required on 17:04 - Apr 8 by Barsidepete

Near the Bricklayers, not far from the train station. Then take the bus. Otherwise, you can probably find a place to park at the grounds if you don't mind that expense. But the bus has always been my option with Panners, MFB, Daniel .. Very simple to get to our charming grounds.

and btw, a point may do us both good then. If The Lilywhites --sorry, the Whites-- don't need one, can you rest everyone, please? Your mates will get so many gratifying pints you'll have to stay an extra day to recover .. I'm certain you lot will be safely up by then.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2015 17:18]

This is North End you are talking about, still have Brizzle and Swindle to play at home also can do you a favour as we have Vale and County of Notts to play, failing that suspect we will need a point at your gaff and will get with a goal in the 97th minute. Thanks for the reply
Information required on 17:23 - Apr 8 with 1779 viewsBarsidepete

Information required on 17:15 - Apr 8 by themaclad

This is North End you are talking about, still have Brizzle and Swindle to play at home also can do you a favour as we have Vale and County of Notts to play, failing that suspect we will need a point at your gaff and will get with a goal in the 97th minute. Thanks for the reply

Brizzle will have nothing to play for. They have their ticket booked. Vale, depends on if they're coughing into the last weeks. Notts, yeah, that would help The U's and PNE. Win that one, definitely

The Victoria in North Station, south of the train station, that's a good spot. But more difficult to park. Although there is that car wash right at the rails as you drive northerly. You can leave your vehicle but you need to pay for a wash, lol. Looking forward.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2015 17:26]

Information required on 17:28 - Apr 8 with 1773 viewsthemaclad

Vale will be up for our match particularly after the grief they gave us after the first league game accused us of cheating will be a fun night at Vale Park a week on Friday also they hate Garner after not being sent off last season(wrong player sent off) then he gets two goals against them.
We'll do our best against County as well, they were a bunch of cheating sods as well
Information required on 17:34 - Apr 8 with 1772 viewsBarsidepete

Information required on 17:28 - Apr 8 by themaclad

Vale will be up for our match particularly after the grief they gave us after the first league game accused us of cheating will be a fun night at Vale Park a week on Friday also they hate Garner after not being sent off last season(wrong player sent off) then he gets two goals against them.
We'll do our best against County as well, they were a bunch of cheating sods as well

Well there you go. Very friendly supporters here. You should have a nice day (or two )out. The Weston Homes is actually in a solid convenient location. And Colch is not so huge where you cannot find plenty to do not far away.

The nosh at the stad, albeit limited, is not terrible. And the stad, Cuckoo Farm, not Layer Fortress , of course, but a stad built with ambition. You won't feel like you're in the dark ages.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2015 17:35]

Information required on 17:56 - Apr 8 with 1765 viewsthemaclad

There are quite a few who are down for the weekend, I'm staying in Saffron Walden which is just far enough away to avoid North End on tour boys, as I said hopefully there will be sod all to play for so we can just sit back and watch a game which will not matter.
Information required on 18:15 - Apr 8 with 1760 viewsBarsidepete

Pretty certain it will matter to the U's.

Hoping it doesn't matter to the Whites.

Anyway, nice day out. Friendly fans unlike some grounds/towns. Yer mates should have a terrific visit. Got Coventry to sort this weekend. Return and add your half penny, Maclad.

Information required on 18:56 - Apr 8 with 1747 viewswessex_exile

Would that be The Mac Lad, as in "sit on my face, I'll guess your weight" - cracking username if so?

If you're a nailed-on certainty for the game, book early if you want the stadium car park, it fills up for virtually every game, and I suspect there'll be at least double our normal crowd for that match (hoping to be there myself). Otherwise, North Station car park is you're best bet, just around the corner from the shuttle buses (£2.50 return - don't worry if your ticket says single, in fact don't worry if you manage to lose your ticket when screwing it up in disgust amidst a fist-full of betting slips - they don't even ask for tickets on the return leg). It's also just around the corner from what I think should be your designated pub, the Norfolk on North Station Rd.

In an ideal world, neither of us will need the points on the day (for all the right reasons obviously), but if not I hope at least you're home and hosed and can play in a more 'relaxed' frame of mind :-)

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Login to get fewer ads

Information required on 20:06 - Apr 8 with 1723 viewsBarsidepete

Information required on 18:56 - Apr 8 by wessex_exile

Would that be The Mac Lad, as in "sit on my face, I'll guess your weight" - cracking username if so?

If you're a nailed-on certainty for the game, book early if you want the stadium car park, it fills up for virtually every game, and I suspect there'll be at least double our normal crowd for that match (hoping to be there myself). Otherwise, North Station car park is you're best bet, just around the corner from the shuttle buses (£2.50 return - don't worry if your ticket says single, in fact don't worry if you manage to lose your ticket when screwing it up in disgust amidst a fist-full of betting slips - they don't even ask for tickets on the return leg). It's also just around the corner from what I think should be your designated pub, the Norfolk on North Station Rd.

In an ideal world, neither of us will need the points on the day (for all the right reasons obviously), but if not I hope at least you're home and hosed and can play in a more 'relaxed' frame of mind :-)

Haha, right, The Norfolk .. Just took thoughts off the top of my brain. Hope their supporters are in as you suggest, in a "relaxed state of mind."

And yah, the drivers don't check the return ticket often. Get's you straight back to near Brickies. Or the train station. Good shout, Wes, North Station car park. Forgot. Too many places as I used to live on Mile End Road

Information required on 14:09 - Apr 9 with 1662 viewsthemaclad

Information required on 18:56 - Apr 8 by wessex_exile

No user name not very scientific it's the first three letters of the surname and as I said hopefully it's wonderfully relaxed end of season game
Information required on 16:34 - Apr 9 with 1646 viewsBarsidepete

Information required on 14:09 - Apr 9 by themaclad

No user name not very scientific it's the first three letters of the surname and as I said hopefully it's wonderfully relaxed end of season game

Right. You must be having a laugh about Blackpool

Information required on 17:20 - Apr 9 with 1633 viewsthemaclad

Information required on 16:34 - Apr 9 by Barsidepete

Right. You must be having a laugh about Blackpool

Strangely we have a bit of sympathy with them over their plight, but when we got relegated they flew a plane over the ground with a message on "Enjoy League 1 poor little Preston" as they were heading into the top division. Now life has come full circle and it has it's funny side.
37 points out of a possible 207 shows how crap they have been and I don't think the scenario of spectator unrest is going to stop. Favourites to go down again next season in the eyes of their own supporters.
Information required on 17:31 - Apr 9 with 1629 viewsBarsidepete

Blackpool, haha. They sure had a showing their year up. PNE are legendary and a founding member of the FL and did the first ever double. Just don't seem that the U's can ever win up there. So turnabout being fair play, if we need a point, this could be trouble at the WHCS.

Two words. Bill Shankly. Even Gerry will understand that Grimsby Town reference

Information required on 18:57 - Apr 9 with 1615 viewswessex_exile

Information required on 17:31 - Apr 9 by Barsidepete

Blackpool, haha. They sure had a showing their year up. PNE are legendary and a founding member of the FL and did the first ever double. Just don't seem that the U's can ever win up there. So turnabout being fair play, if we need a point, this could be trouble at the WHCS.

Two words. Bill Shankly. Even Gerry will understand that Grimsby Town reference

Oh I don't know, opening game of the season when I was up there in 2011 was quite a lot of fun, and Lua Lua scoring the goal of all eternity a few years before that to win 3-2 was pretty good. However, the least said about that FA Cup game the better I reckon...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Information required on 19:23 - Apr 9 with 1608 viewsBarsidepete

Information required on 18:57 - Apr 9 by wessex_exile

Oh I don't know, opening game of the season when I was up there in 2011 was quite a lot of fun, and Lua Lua scoring the goal of all eternity a few years before that to win 3-2 was pretty good. However, the least said about that FA Cup game the better I reckon...

That's exactly what I was feeling, that FA cup game, Wes. Maybe I have short term memory. Lua Lua, oh he was class.

Information required on 22:10 - Apr 9 with 1588 viewsthrillseeker

Information required on 17:56 - Apr 8 by themaclad

There are quite a few who are down for the weekend, I'm staying in Saffron Walden which is just far enough away to avoid North End on tour boys, as I said hopefully there will be sod all to play for so we can just sit back and watch a game which will not matter.

Why would you stay in Saffron Walden when you could stay in Colchester and (possibly) get use of the hotel car park to resolve issues?

For SAT NAV use CO4 5DE and surrounding area for parking (30 secs drive from Colchester railway station). There are no parking restrictions on a Sunday

CO4 5DE is 5 minute walk to shuttle bus, 2 minute walk to Bricklayers, 10 minute walk to Norfolk

Don't forget KO is 12:15 so no pubs open until 12:00 which due to ground location means no pub time before match.

Best suggestion is to contact club and pay £5 or £6 to reserve yourself a spot at Car Park near ground.
Information required on 23:12 - Apr 9 with 1579 viewsBarsidepete

Information required on 22:10 - Apr 9 by thrillseeker

Why would you stay in Saffron Walden when you could stay in Colchester and (possibly) get use of the hotel car park to resolve issues?

For SAT NAV use CO4 5DE and surrounding area for parking (30 secs drive from Colchester railway station). There are no parking restrictions on a Sunday

CO4 5DE is 5 minute walk to shuttle bus, 2 minute walk to Bricklayers, 10 minute walk to Norfolk

Don't forget KO is 12:15 so no pubs open until 12:00 which due to ground location means no pub time before match.

Best suggestion is to contact club and pay £5 or £6 to reserve yourself a spot at Car Park near ground.

Ouch, that is a bit extreme, a 12:15 kickoff for them arriving from Preston. Perhaps what he meant, he had a mate to spend the overnight and it also sounded as if it was a night out in town Saturday. And as supposedly they're driving down, yup, why not just park it at the grounds ?

Or Mile End Road somewhere? Not sure they have planned this trip perfectly yet. They can always get a Carlsberg or two or three at the stad. Colchester is so not that complicated. Easy to get about. We can all help send em to Marks Tey if necessary

Information required on 14:03 - Apr 10 with 1515 viewsthemaclad

Just fancied staying there staying Saturday and Sunday it's only £25 per night an absolute bargain.
Information required on 14:20 - Apr 10 with 1509 viewsBarsidepete

Information required on 14:03 - Apr 10 by themaclad

Just fancied staying there staying Saturday and Sunday it's only £25 per night an absolute bargain.

How the heck did you manage £25 per night??

That's a new talking point ;)

Information required on 07:49 - Apr 11 with 1476 viewsthemaclad

Information required on 14:20 - Apr 10 by Barsidepete

How the heck did you manage £25 per night??

That's a new talking point ;)

Found the cheapest one I could, they sound like a fairly old retired couple when I poke to them, but as for the price us Northerners do not pay over inflated prices we search around
Information required on 09:35 - Apr 11 with 1472 viewsFruitbat

12:15 on Sunday? When the hell did that happen? Thats an announcement that completely passed me by.
Information required on 15:56 - Apr 11 with 1452 viewsBarsidepete

Information required on 09:35 - Apr 11 by Fruitbat

12:15 on Sunday? When the hell did that happen? Thats an announcement that completely passed me by.

Did a double-take myself when I read 12:15. But yup, every tie is 12:15 Sunday 3rd May in League 1.

Information required on 19:51 - Apr 11 with 1441 viewsBarsidepete

Information required on 07:49 - Apr 11 by themaclad

Found the cheapest one I could, they sound like a fairly old retired couple when I poke to them, but as for the price us Northerners do not pay over inflated prices we search around

Yar, but coming by car. In that case, take Thrillseeker's and mine advice. Just get to the stad and park. Worst case scenario, ask for Matt Hudson in the PR department and mention Pete, Gary, Daniel, Mick. They'll get you sorted.

Do keep writing here, no matter bout what

Information required on 09:24 - Apr 12 with 1417 viewsthemaclad

Information required on 19:51 - Apr 11 by Barsidepete

Yar, but coming by car. In that case, take Thrillseeker's and mine advice. Just get to the stad and park. Worst case scenario, ask for Matt Hudson in the PR department and mention Pete, Gary, Daniel, Mick. They'll get you sorted.

Do keep writing here, no matter bout what

Actually setting off on the Friday night staying in Lichfield, the 12.15pm start made up my mind there was no way I was getting on a coach that leaves at 5.55am
Not a good result for you lads yesterday.
Information required on 15:39 - Apr 12 with 1397 viewsBarsidepete

Information required on 09:24 - Apr 12 by themaclad

Actually setting off on the Friday night staying in Lichfield, the 12.15pm start made up my mind there was no way I was getting on a coach that leaves at 5.55am
Not a good result for you lads yesterday.

I thought you were driving?

And now you're staying near Brum? and afterwards not really near Colchester?

Why not just get a nice rail ticket and book a night or two at perhaps the Premier Inn. Near an Asda, great pubs, the direct bus.

Is someone twisting your arm?

.. decent result for PNE yesterday versus the high flyers, Brizzle, that 1-1.

The U's, well, still a mere 3 points adrift. May need that 3 points off ya come May.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2015 15:44]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024