Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The exodus continues...................... 22:24 - Jan 9 with 864 viewsdurham_exile

Reading are preparing to sign Cohen Bramall.

Rather than lose him on a free in the summer, Colchester will look for a fee now.

OK so we have cover in the form of Ryan Clampin, but Bramall is one of our Crown Jewels.

Ben Stevenson must now stay at the club. But we are showing little inclination to push for promotion. In fact Scummend are now only 10 points behind us after another win for our Essex fiends.

Depressing times indeed at the JSCS.

Up what left of the U's

Ball OUT

Durham_exile

The exodus continues...................... on 22:30 - Jan 9 with 860 viewsburnsieespana

Inevitable Bramall would go.
Don't think you can blame Ball.
The exodus continues...................... on 23:23 - Jan 9 with 845 viewsmfb_cufc

I personally think Bramhall is a bit overrated. Yes he has pace to burn, and has looked good attacking, but his defending leaves a lot to be desired. He is often caught out of position, and relies on his pace to get out of trouble. I think Clampin is a ready made replacement, and will only get better with experience. After signing Sam Walker in the past, Reading will be signing another one of our players who is not good enough for the Championship, if they sign Bramhall. Of course they could be thinking of playing him in midfield, that I think could be his best position.

mfb

The exodus continues...................... on 23:50 - Jan 9 with 840 viewsDaniel

I agree with MFB.

I don't think Bramhall has been half the player he was last year. Aside from the odd quality moments, I think he only stood out because he plays in a position where he's gets time on the ball because he's not man marked. If he played in a more natural attacking position, he's be marked out of the game.
The exodus continues...................... on 10:53 - Jan 10 with 802 viewsRSCOSWORTH

If he goes for a fee that’s a great bit of business for the club and they should be applauded for identifying a player with potential and then improving them to a point where clubs at a higher level are willing to pay money for them.

If you didn’t realise it by now this season is all about financial survival. As long as we’re financially stable and don’t get relegated at the end of this season the club has done a good job.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

The exodus continues...................... on 11:26 - Jan 10 with 794 viewswessex_exile

The exodus continues...................... on 10:53 - Jan 10 by RSCOSWORTH

If he goes for a fee that’s a great bit of business for the club and they should be applauded for identifying a player with potential and then improving them to a point where clubs at a higher level are willing to pay money for them.

If you didn’t realise it by now this season is all about financial survival. As long as we’re financially stable and don’t get relegated at the end of this season the club has done a good job.

Spot on.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

The exodus continues...................... on 12:18 - Jan 10 with 789 viewsFruitbat

The exodus continues...................... on 10:53 - Jan 10 by RSCOSWORTH

Exactly this. If, by the beginning of May, we're not relegated, not in administration or liquidated then this season is a successful one.
The exodus continues...................... on 11:29 - Jan 12 with 695 viewsburnsieespana

100% correct Fruitbat.
This season all about survival despite what we see with other clubs.
If we were prepared to gamble it could be the season to steal promotion like one or two other side's seem to be doing but could have drastic problems next year.
From afar I find it hard to work out how many clubs are taking the same tack as us and who is wrong or right will only come out in the wash over the next year or so.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 18:34]
The exodus continues...................... on 11:54 - Jan 12 with 684 viewsMoor_Pinot

The exodus continues...................... on 11:29 - Jan 12 by burnsieespana

100% correct Fruitbat.
This season all about survival despite what we see with other clubs.
If we were prepared to gamble it could be the season to steal promotion like one or two other side's seem to be doing but could have drastic problems next year.
From afar I find it hard to work out how many clubs are taking the same tack as us and who is wrong or right will only come out in the wash over the next year or so.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 18:34]

Agree Burnsie, it is hard to tell but reading the Chairman from time to time hints at the truth of the situation. If we're twelfth this season that really will have to do. Bramall is a good player, though to my mind more of a left half and he's no better a defender than Clampin. We'll miss his crosses and free kicks but it's a chance for another lad to have a go. We've never looked top seven to me this year and what with the world situation I'll be relieve if we sit mid table.
And survive!!

Moor Pinot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024