Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yet another historic date 13:14 - May 22 with 496 viewsdurham_exile

In 1998 we won the 3rd Division Play Off Final 1-0 at Wembley against Torquay United with David Gregory netting the only goal from the penalty spot.

The Colchester starting line-up that day was: Emberson, Dunne, Betts, Skelton, Greene, D Gregory, Wilkins, Buckle, Sale, N Gregory, Forbes.

Subs: Lock, Duguid, Abrahams.

Those were the days!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Yet another historic date on 18:04 - May 22 with 461 viewsgerry_us

Remember it well. Wasn't it on a Friday night at Wembley? Only time I have felt sorry for the opposition fans after losing to a late penalty and then have the journey home to darkest Devon on a Friday late night.
Yet another historic date on 20:16 - May 22 with 448 viewsLeadbelly

Yet another historic date on 18:04 - May 22 by gerry_us

Remember it well. Wasn't it on a Friday night at Wembley? Only time I have felt sorry for the opposition fans after losing to a late penalty and then have the journey home to darkest Devon on a Friday late night.

Played on a Friday night because Engurland had a massively unimportant friendly against Saudia Arabia on the Saturday. Priorities wrong then and nothing has changed.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Yet another historic date on 20:39 - May 22 with 443 viewsgerry_us

Yet another historic date on 20:16 - May 22 by Leadbelly

Played on a Friday night because Engurland had a massively unimportant friendly against Saudia Arabia on the Saturday. Priorities wrong then and nothing has changed.

Yeah, I had forgotten we were second place to an extremely important international!
Yet another historic date on 21:22 - May 22 with 440 viewswessex_exile

Yet another historic date on 18:04 - May 22 by gerry_us

I'd had to drop off a rental late afternoon at the firm that did all our vehicles back then, on Churchfields Industrial Estate in Salisbury. On my walk back to the train station in my U's shirt to meet my mate Phil (Time Team) who was coming to the match with me, a car pulled over - it was a father and son both in U's shirts offering me a lift to Wembley! In an out of town industrial estate in deepest Wiltshire, that was a pretty random moment! I had to politely decline, and we parted with synchronised choruses of "Up the U's!".

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Yet another historic date on 01:57 - May 23 with 423 viewsblueeagle

I seem to remember being a Friday and short notice there was difficulty getting coaches booked because of schools etc
Yet another historic date on 08:43 - May 23 with 413 viewsburnsieespana

Remember the night well as was driving up to Scotland.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024