Please log in to use all the site's facilities
|Change at Southend|
at 23:49 8 Apr 2021
Looks like Phil Brown is returning to Roots Hall.
at 12:29 12 Feb 2021
Weather forecast for today and tomorrow remains very cold and currently a few flakes of snow in the air in Lawford. The lawn in my back garden is now rock hard. What chance the game at Mansfield will go ahead?
at 12:51 8 Jan 2021
Off, due to a frozen pitch.
Hopefully the enforced break will allow some of those injured currently to be available for the next scheduled fixture.
|Name that tune|
at 21:37 29 Sep 2020
Noticed Bradford signed a player on loan from Leeds today...Bryce Hosannah!
Any other player names ready made for their own song will be received gratefully.
|Orient players test positive|
at 16:25 22 Sep 2020
Read elsewhere that the positive tests occurred after Spurs insisted the Orient players were tested and paid for the tests.
Orient played Mansfield at the weekend so presumably their players and staff will have to self isolate and have tests PDQ.
Would anyone have known if Spurs hadn't funded those tests?
at 22:23 25 Aug 2020
Signed a two year deal.
Now for a striker!
|Oh Jimmy Jimmy|
at 19:12 25 Aug 2020
Chapeau James Anderson...the first seam bowler to take 600 wickets in test matches and only the 4th man ever to do so. A brilliant servant to England cricket.
Pity the wicket fell whilst I was putting diesel in the car!
|Old boys on the move|
at 11:41 13 Aug 2020
Brennan Dickinson to Carlisle on a free and Gilbert to Charlton, undisclosed.
|New balls please|
at 14:21 4 Aug 2020
New ball in use next season, according to OWS. Apparently it provides “Unrivalled power, pin-point accuracy and instant control”. That will certainly improve League 2 football...if true.
at 13:39 25 Jun 2020
One of five players released by Southend. They are trying to agree a new deal with John White.
at 15:35 23 Jun 2020
1. We know four first XI regulars are not being offered new contracts. Of these four, Comley, Jackson, Nouble and Prosser, which one represents the biggest loss to the side?
2. If Covid 19 wasn't an issue which of the above players, if any, would or should have been offered new contracts?
3. In view of how Covid 19 has affected club finances this season and will likely continue to do so next season, at the very least, should the club retain the services of a Director of Football?
4. In view of the likely financial situation throughout football, which players under contract for next season would justify a transfer fee?
5. What prospect is there of the club making any new signings, whether or not transfer fees are involved?
6. Regardless of whether you consider this season to have been a success, do you think there will be improvement next season?
7. In view of the likely financial constraints next season, what could/should the club do to maximise the potential for improvement?
|Well done Marcus Rashford|
at 13:21 16 Jun 2020
The government forced into a U-turn on free school meal funding over the summer holidays, thanks mainly to a campaign by Marcus Rashford. He had been articulate, calm and steadfast in challenging the government decision.
A lot of politicians, on all sides, could learn something from Mr Rashford, I think.
at 21:24 30 May 2020
According to OWS 28 players and club staff were tested and there were 4 positive results. Not good news.
|Forum Votes: ||25|
|Comment Votes: ||0|
|Prediction League: ||0|