Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee Bowyer to be singing the Blues this evening! 16:01 - Aug 10 with 1241 viewsdurham_exile

Well, I never felt more like singin' the blues
'Cause I never thought that I'd ever lose
Your love dear, why'd you do me this way?
Well, I never felt more like cryin' all night
'Cause everythin's wrong, and nothin' ain't right
Without you, you got me singin' the blues.

Attributed to Lee Bowyer at 2135hrs tonight!

After kicking off the league season with a creditable draw at Brunton Park HM takes his charges to the Second City to do battle with Lee Bowyer’s Blues at St Andrews this evening.

Birmingham will pose more problems than Carlisle but even the most partisan Birmingham fan will have been surprised to see them pick up all three points against the Blades.

Now Colchester will start massive underdogs this evening, but football is a strange game. Just as we were unlucky in 2006 not to take a point in the Championship game against Birmingham when Richard Garcia scored a super goal, I reckon that we can frustrate them and then nick a winning goal this evening.

I do not expect Birmingham to field a drastically weakened side although they may not risk loanee Tahith Chong (last seen as an unused substitute against the Super U’s at Old Trafford in 2019).

I would like to see a couple of changes from the Carlisle game in HM’s line up. Luke Hannant should get some game time and I would start Sylvester Jasper (who looked sharp in his 9-minute cameo) the Fulham loanee.

So, 3,5,2 it will be:

George

Eastman Chambers Smith

Coxe Wiredu Skuse Judge Clampin

Jasper Nouble

Subs:

Turner Welch-Hayes Hannant Chilvers Tchamadeu Tovide Sears

BUT

If it were up to me, I would play:

George
Coxe Chambers Smith Clampin
Hannant Wiredu Skuse Judge
Jasper Nouble

I know to leave Tom Eastman out is controversial, but that midfield quartet is the best we have had at the club for years!

Anyway, it will be the 3,5,2 or more properly 5,3,2 on the night.

The Carabao Cup games cannot be streamed live which is a massive mistake by the EFL and does not endear anyone to the competition.

HM will be looking forward to the Cobblers in Town on Saturday and so expect a few more subs to be utilised second half.

Weather tonight in Birmingham a humid 20 degrees Celsius and only a 10% chance of rain.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful.

Enjoy the game.

Oh yes, the scoreline. First shock of the Cup — Colchester to win 2-1 with a winner from Jasper.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Lee Bowyer to be singing the Blues this evening! on 17:39 - Aug 10 with 1208 viewswessex_exile

Great stuff Durham - fingers-crossed your prediction is spot on. Interesting factoid - Lee Bowyer and Kemi Izzet were both 'graduates' of Senrab FC - there's a thing.

I see Eurosport, finger on the pulse as always, asks the crucial question who will win the battle of the managers - Lee Bowyer or Steve Ball!

I kid you not
https://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/league-cup/2021-2022/live-birmingham-city-c

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Lee Bowyer to be singing the Blues this evening! on 17:54 - Aug 10 with 1201 viewsdurham_exile

Lee Bowyer to be singing the Blues this evening! on 17:39 - Aug 10 by wessex_exile

Great stuff Durham - fingers-crossed your prediction is spot on. Interesting factoid - Lee Bowyer and Kemi Izzet were both 'graduates' of Senrab FC - there's a thing.

I see Eurosport, finger on the pulse as always, asks the crucial question who will win the battle of the managers - Lee Bowyer or Steve Ball!

I kid you not
https://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/league-cup/2021-2022/live-birmingham-city-c

Brilliant Wessex - Eurosport unbelievable.
I would have thought that GB news would have been as relevant!

I just fancy an upset tonight.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Lee Bowyer to be singing the Blues this evening! on 18:16 - Aug 10 with 1198 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Lee Bowyer to be singing the Blues this evening! on 17:39 - Aug 10 by wessex_exile

I kid you not

Question is, do you know why they were called Senrab FC?

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Lee Bowyer to be singing the Blues this evening! on 18:26 - Aug 10 with 1190 viewswessex_exile

Lee Bowyer to be singing the Blues this evening! on 18:16 - Aug 10 by RSCOSWORTH

Question is, do you know why they were called Senrab FC?

For a long time, I thought it was Arabic/ Muslim in origin, until I discovered it was just Barnes backwards

Up the U's

Lee Bowyer to be singing the Blues this evening! on 18:52 - Aug 10 with 1180 viewswessex_exile

George

MWH
Eastman
Smith

Coxe
Skuse
Wiredu
Chilvers
Clampin

Nouble
Jasper

Subs
Turner
Judge
Sears
Junior
Kennedy
Tovide
Beadle

Chambers and Judge on the bench, for Miles Welch-Hayes and Chilvers, but credit for predicting Jasper and Nouble up front Durham.

edit: sorry, Chambers rested completely
[Post edited 10 Aug 2021 18:52]

Up the U's

Lee Bowyer to be singing the Blues this evening! on 19:18 - Aug 10 with 1159 viewsdurham_exile

Lee Bowyer to be singing the Blues this evening! on 18:52 - Aug 10 by wessex_exile

George

MWH
Eastman
Smith

Coxe
Skuse
Wiredu
Chilvers
Clampin

Nouble
Jasper

Subs
Turner
Judge
Sears
Junior
Kennedy
Tovide
Beadle

Chambers and Judge on the bench, for Miles Welch-Hayes and Chilvers, but credit for predicting Jasper and Nouble up front Durham.

edit: sorry, Chambers rested completely
[Post edited 10 Aug 2021 18:52]

Wessex I think Chambers might have picked up a knock at Carlisle.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Lee Bowyer to be singing the Blues this evening! on 19:34 - Aug 10 with 1151 viewsdurham_exile

Lee Bowyer to be singing the Blues this evening! on 19:18 - Aug 10 by durham_exile

Wessex I think Chambers might have picked up a knock at Carlisle.

Up the U's

Trueman; Oakley, Gordon, Friend, Castillo; Sunjic, Lakin, Graham, Sanchez; Aneke, Leko

Substitutes: Sarkic, Mitchell, Roberts, Campbell, Bellingham, Chang, Walker, McGree

Birmingham team
Bowyer (complacent) has made 10 changes tonight.

I'm even more confident now

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Lee Bowyer to be singing the Blues this evening! on 19:48 - Aug 10 with 1146 viewsnoah4x4

My boys a Villa fan and more desperate than me that we win!

Listening on I-Follow (£2.50) - is Eurosport live TV?
Login to get fewer ads

Lee Bowyer to be singing the Blues this evening! on 19:49 - Aug 10 with 1143 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Lee Bowyer to be singing the Blues this evening! on 18:26 - Aug 10 by wessex_exile

For a long time, I thought it was Arabic/ Muslim in origin, until I discovered it was just Barnes backwards

Ha Ha! Spot on! Possibly something to do with John Barnes but that might not be true.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Lee Bowyer to be singing the Blues this evening! on 19:51 - Aug 10 with 1143 viewsdurham_exile

Lee Bowyer to be singing the Blues this evening! on 19:48 - Aug 10 by noah4x4

My boys a Villa fan and more desperate than me that we win!

Listening on I-Follow (£2.50) - is Eurosport live TV?

Eurosport are showing a game tonight it is Birmingham v Colchester but the 2006 Championship Game!

Durham_exile

Lee Bowyer to be singing the Blues this evening! on 19:58 - Aug 10 with 1142 viewsdurham_exile

Lee Bowyer to be singing the Blues this evening! on 19:51 - Aug 10 by durham_exile

Eurosport are showing a game tonight it is Birmingham v Colchester but the 2006 Championship Game!

Sky Sports are showing incidents and League Cup updates including goals.

Jasper just very unlucky not to score he picked up the ball on the left wing cut inside and from an acute angle his shot just missed the far post going out for a goal kick.

Shock on the cards you better believe it.

I have seen him play 9 minutes and I know he is on loan but he is rapid and will score goals. Sign him up in January

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Lee Bowyer to be singing the Blues this evening! on 20:32 - Aug 10 with 1130 viewsnoah4x4

I am listening on I-Follow and watching Sky Sports Soccer Special that is showing goals as they go in (so Bham v U's is yet to feature).

Sounds like we have been the better side in half one.
Lee Bowyer to be singing the Blues this evening! on 20:34 - Aug 10 with 1129 viewsdurham_exile

Lee Bowyer to be singing the Blues this evening! on 20:32 - Aug 10 by noah4x4

I am listening on I-Follow and watching Sky Sports Soccer Special that is showing goals as they go in (so Bham v U's is yet to feature).

Bowyer has made 10 changes and so the teams are far more evenly matched.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Lee Bowyer to be singing the Blues this evening! on 20:37 - Aug 10 with 1126 viewswessex_exile

Lee Bowyer to be singing the Blues this evening! on 20:32 - Aug 10 by noah4x4

"Half one" - who are you, and why have you hacked Noah's account from America?

Up the U's

Lee Bowyer to be singing the Blues this evening! on 20:46 - Aug 10 with 1120 viewswessex_exile

Lee Bowyer to be singing the Blues this evening! on 19:49 - Aug 10 by RSCOSWORTH

Ha Ha! Spot on! Possibly something to do with John Barnes but that might not be true.

Now this I really didn't know until I googled, but not John Barnes apparently, though that would have been lovely.

According to the bastion of truth, Wikipedia (so make of that what you will), they are actually named after Senrab Street where they were formed, but the street name Senrab is a deliberate reversal of the nearby Barnes Street.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senrab_F.C.

Up the U's

Lee Bowyer to be singing the Blues this evening! on 21:08 - Aug 10 with 1111 viewsnoah4x4

Half Beer
Half Time
Half Penny
Half Nelson
Half Wit
Half One……

Yer, suppose it don’t fully make sense as it’s two x half of one. But maths never my strongest suit. Blame the white port and red wine adjacent to me.

U’s to win this on penalties…..
Lee Bowyer to be singing the Blues this evening! on 21:20 - Aug 10 with 1099 viewsdurham_exile

Lee Bowyer to be singing the Blues this evening! on 21:08 - Aug 10 by noah4x4

Half Beer
Half Time
Half Penny
Half Nelson
Half Wit
Half One……

Yer, suppose it don’t fully make sense as it’s two x half of one. But maths never my strongest suit. Blame the white port and red wine adjacent to me.

U’s to win this on penalties…..

Oh dear

Oakley 1-0 Brum

Good shot but a wicked deflection took it over George and into the net
[Post edited 10 Aug 2021 21:22]

Durham_exile

Lee Bowyer to be singing the Blues this evening! on 21:23 - Aug 10 with 1088 viewswessex_exile

Lee Bowyer to be singing the Blues this evening! on 21:20 - Aug 10 by durham_exile

Oh dear

Oakley 1-0 Brum

Good shot but a wicked deflection took it over George and into the net
[Post edited 10 Aug 2021 21:22]

One strike to zero - Come on U's, we deserve something from this game.

Up the U's

Lee Bowyer to be singing the Blues this evening! on 21:38 - Aug 10 with 1075 viewsdurham_exile

Lee Bowyer to be singing the Blues this evening! on 21:23 - Aug 10 by wessex_exile

One strike to zero - Come on U's, we deserve something from this game.

Coxe hits frame of the goal.
Sadly not happening tonight.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Lee Bowyer to be singing the Blues this evening! on 21:39 - Aug 10 with 1074 viewswessex_exile

Bravo U's, a spirited performance which deserved more, but sadly not this season.

Up the U's

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024