Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dale to be defeated tonight at Spotland by Super U's 09:53 - Aug 27 with 953 viewsdurham_exile

After the elation of last Saturdays deserved Away Victory at Oldham, the U’s travel again to within 5 miles of the ground, this time to face Rochdale at Spotland. Under Robbie Stockdale they started the season indifferently but a 3-1 victory at Northampton was followed up with a 2-0 Carabao Cup victory against Shrewsbury at the New Meadow on Tuesday night which gives then a Third Round Tie at Burnley.

Rochdale have their own special evening tonight because they celebrate exactly 100 years to the day of their first ever league fixture. That game played on 27 August 1921 was against Accrington Stanley and Rochdale have a special programme The Voice of Spotland for the Colchester game which will be 76 pages. They will also be wearing their special 3rd kit Black and White stripes with white shorts.

The match wil also feature Rebecca Welch as referee.

I often find that such nights are very emotional occasions and that often tells on the home team. The last time I was at Spotland was 21 August 2010 when Andy Bond and Ian Henderson both scored for the U’s in a 2-1 victory. Now one of the Rochdale former players Gary Jones will be at the ground tonight along with a host of other Rochdale old boys.

Also remember that the pies at Rochdale are excellent.

However, Colchester will be there to spoil the party. HM still has injury problems with Eastman Skuse and Clampin training but not yet match fit. I wouldn’t see much beyond the same XI who started at Oldham.

George

Welch-Hayes Chambers Smith Daniels

Wiredu Judge

Sears Chilvers Jasper

Nouble

Subs:

Hannant Kennedy Tchamadeu Turner Coxe Tovide Beadle

Similarly, I want to see us start in the same vein by taking the game straight to The Dale.

League Two this season has already shown that it will be another close affair. FGR have started like an express train and were unlucky to lose 3-1 at Brentford and of course Bradford, Swindon and Mansfield will be there or there abouts but there is no reason why we cannot join them in short order.

Tonight, will be a close affair but I reckon we will prevail 3-2 in a game to remember for HM’s charges. We can also go fourth in the table albeit for 24 hours!
Jasper to open his account and goals also for Big Frank and Brendan Wiredu.

Weather tonight at kick off will be 15 degrees Celsius and cloudy but dry.

Safe journeys to the travelling faithful including Mr and Mrs Witham and Noah who benefits from the Friday night game by being able to watch Cricket on the Saturday.

Frankly I can’t wait for the game to start.

Up the U’s

[Post edited 27 Aug 2021 10:22]

Durham_exile

Dale to be defeated tonight at Spotland by Super U's on 10:59 - Aug 27 with 922 viewsthrillseeker

Another good preview Durham

Spotland in the sunshine is lovely with a view to the hills

Spotland in other weather types can be grim

I haven't been for a few years but in previous visits I have to say the pies are the best I've ever had at football so hopefully 2021 is no different.

Gutted work would not allow me time off for this one but happy to see it is on ifollow which is a bonus

No idea why but I see a 2-2 draw tonight

Whether in attendance or watching on ifollow - enjoy the game
Dale to be defeated tonight at Spotland by Super U's on 14:34 - Aug 27 with 888 viewsdurham_exile

Dale to be defeated tonight at Spotland by Super U's on 10:59 - Aug 27 by thrillseeker

Another good preview Durham

Spotland in the sunshine is lovely with a view to the hills

Spotland in other weather types can be grim

I haven't been for a few years but in previous visits I have to say the pies are the best I've ever had at football so hopefully 2021 is no different.

Gutted work would not allow me time off for this one but happy to see it is on ifollow which is a bonus

No idea why but I see a 2-2 draw tonight

Whether in attendance or watching on ifollow - enjoy the game

TS I have to say that I do feel confident especially after the first Away win of the season last week.

But not only that HM has the team playing more adventurous attacking football.

From our elevated position behind the goal that the U's were attacking second half it was good to see Sears on the right Nouble through the middle and Jasper on the left. Three genuine atacking footballers.

More of the same is needed this week.

The players enjoy the game more when they play with freedom and belief and when they attack rather than drop deep and defend. Yes of course every opponent will have spells in a game when defence is the key word but take the game to the opposition and it forces them to change their game plan.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Dale to be defeated tonight at Spotland by Super U's on 16:42 - Aug 27 with 867 viewsWitham

We are safely in Rochdale. Lots of delays on M1 and M62 but came off M1 via Huddersfield and had a trip over the moors.
Just reported hotel to Fire Brigade for blocking second floor fire exit. This was not a cheap hotel either.
Dale to be defeated tonight at Spotland by Super U's on 18:46 - Aug 27 with 836 viewsnoah4x4

18:45, still ten miles away (on CUSA bus). Nightmare journey. Had to come across Yorkshire Dales due to so many blocked roads. Hope it’s not seven hours home!
Dale to be defeated tonight at Spotland by Super U's on 19:32 - Aug 27 with 816 viewsGOSBTS

Where’s Judge?
Dale to be defeated tonight at Spotland by Super U's on 20:16 - Aug 27 with 794 viewsgerry_us

Dale to be defeated tonight at Spotland by Super U's on 18:46 - Aug 27 by noah4x4

18:45, still ten miles away (on CUSA bus). Nightmare journey. Had to come across Yorkshire Dales due to so many blocked roads. Hope it’s not seven hours home!

You may not be back in time for stumps!
Dale to be defeated tonight at Spotland by Super U's on 20:47 - Aug 27 with 782 viewsnoah4x4

HT. decent game but woman referee is awful. Ignoring blatant fouls and gave Rochdale drop ball possession after one of their players went down and we had ball in an attacking position. Booked Welch Hayes for a push, and ignored Dale player that threw a punch. Hope game doesn’t get nasty as she might not control.
Dale to be defeated tonight at Spotland by Super U's on 21:58 - Aug 27 with 734 viewsnoah4x4

Decent away point against an in form side, but Nouble and Sears our weak links. We don’t look like scoring. Shame referee was poor. Her performance deteriorated as the game progressed. . The players frustrations at her decisions were conspicuous. Linesmen didn’t help her. But swift getaway, hopefully home before 03:00.
Login to get fewer ads

Dale to be defeated tonight at Spotland by Super U's on 22:36 - Aug 27 with 707 viewspwrightsknees

Dale to be defeated tonight at Spotland by Super U's on 21:58 - Aug 27 by noah4x4

Decent away point against an in form side, but Nouble and Sears our weak links. We don’t look like scoring. Shame referee was poor. Her performance deteriorated as the game progressed. . The players frustrations at her decisions were conspicuous. Linesmen didn’t help her. But swift getaway, hopefully home before 03:00.

Safe journeys home, all U's travellers.

Up the U's.
Dale to be defeated tonight at Spotland by Super U's on 00:09 - Aug 28 with 676 viewsdurham_exile

Deserved a point but could have had all three.

Hope U's fans get home safely.

M62 clear on way back.

The problem was a vehicle fire which caused a 14 mile tailback and then another accident just West of Huddersfield.

Witham sorry to hear about the hotel. That doesn't sound good at all.

Hope at 1145pm

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Dale to be defeated tonight at Spotland by Super U's on 21:39 - Aug 28 with 562 viewswessex_exile

Great point, but not one I was able to witness, but for all the right reasons.

Have been back in Essex for a family wedding (on Friday), so keeping tabs on the score via t'internet throughout, as were a sizeable proportion of the wedding guests as it happens. Got back late afternoon today after a lot of driving, hence I'm afraid no WSC blog this weekend (apologies). However, the highlights highlighted a comedy classic for the Rochdale own goal - not sure whether it was the backpass or the 'keeper at fault, but it was bloody hilarious.

Btw, the U's support sounded fantastic - well done to all!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024