Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Wirrall" Rubbish - Super U's to prevail at Prenton Park 10:48 - Oct 6 with 2216 viewsdurham_exile

Crisis, what crisis! HM on the back of another shocking Home performance takes his much-maligned team to Prenton Park this Friday evening.

Tranmere sit in 9th position with 15 points from 10 games. The U’s are 18th with 10 points from 9 matches. Now so far, our Away record has given us the majority of our points and we are unbeaten Away from the JSCS, but what would happen if we were to lose on Friday. The clamour for more people to go perhaps and more moaning and groaning about team selection, Ipswich signings etc.

For at least the last 5 seasons I have been arguing for a striker (Centre Forward), but even that is not the fix all solution. We are simply not scoring enough goals from elsewhere on the pitch.

Our midfield players are not weighing in with goals and neither are the wingers. Tom Eastman’s majestic header at Barrow showed us what we are missing from Corners.

But why has our Home form suddenly dipped so badly. Opposition teams come with a game plan. They sit in and invite us to take the game to them, but we are not doing this. We do not start smart and go at the opposition, result they gain in confidence and result another damaging defeat. We are too one dimensional at home, tactics are too easily identifiable, we are too laboured in the approach play. Too many senior players are out of form.

But we do not have a target man. Big Frank is suffering, played out of position, he is unable to hold the ball up and he has not formed a partnership with Freddie Sears. We still have not moved away from a single striker and the threat is too easily snuffed out by League Two defences who are not put under enough pressure.

We are happy to counter attack Away from home and against Barrow Sears played his best game for the U’s without doubt. He attacked down both flanks and made one and scored one. The most frustrating point about Colchester this season is that when we are on top, we fail to go for the jugular and having done the hard work at Oldham we almost let them back into the game. Rochdale was a tough second half because we failed to push home our advantage after being gifted the lead.

The Barrow game was like Fleetwood Away some years ago when we won late on.

Tranmere have been very good at home this season and will present problems for us. I have been to Prenton Park on several occasions but none more remarkable than Friday 26 September 2008. My son was at UCLan in Preston, and I picked him up enroute. Colchester had Kit Symons in temporary charge. Two early goals (Perkins) one from each side made it an evenly matched game but two further Colchester goals from Yeates and Platt made it 3-1 which Jackson made 4-1 with an early second half goal. So, game over, not a bit of it, a calamitous mistake from Gerken made it 4-2 and Tranmere scored again to make it 4-3 and the U’s managed to see out the rest of the game. Not good for the heart rate, but a superb and exciting game.

Friday night and the U’s need to bring some form into the game. It is a time to stand up and be counted and to ensure the best counter attacking game that we can bring in order to regain some pride and silence some of the doubters.

Micky Mellon’s (me old fruit) side won 2-0 against Salford in the Papa John’s trophy but don’t read too much into that as both teams made changes. It does mean however that we will be up against it on Friday.

So, who does HM play? International call ups mean that Smith and Dobra are away with New Zealand and Albania respectively but no postponement for the U’s we soldier on.

If Miles Welch-Hayes is still unfit, the defence will largely pick itself. Junior Tchamadeu should be brought in for Coxe and Daniels will keep Clampin out.

Midfield must see Wiredu Skuse and Chilvers and then Tovide Big Frank and Jasper up front.

So be brave and play 4,3,3

George

Tchamadeu Eastman Chambers Daniels

Wiredu Skuse Chilvers

Jasper Tovide Nouble

Subs:

Turner Clampin Hannant Judge Sears Coxe Cooper

HM knows that he cannot continue to stick with the same old formation or squad members. Junior Tchamadeu proved at Barrow that he is ready for first team football as full back. Brendan Wiredu should not be dropped; he is our best midfielder. Cole Skuse in the games that I have been too has been a consistent performer, Noah Chilvers needs to be given free rein. Sylvester Jasper was almost unplayable in those early games when he replaced Sears and he should start on Friday. Big Frank has been criticised by many, but he is being asked to play centrally when his best position is left sided up front.

Samson Tovide should be asked to lead the line; he is ready, and his pace will upset defences.

Regarding substitutes, I would expect to see Luke Hannant, Alan Judge and Chay Cooper at some stage in the second half at Prenton Park.

Weather will be a mild 18 degrees Celsius on Friday, cloudy with only 10 % chance of precipitation.

Expect a large, partisan crowd including Mike Dean. The Super U’s will be in the Cow Shed at Prenton Park. Make sure you buy a Fanzine even if you don’t get a programme, The Fanzine is always a cracking read at Tranmere.

It is up to the players to bring their A game and to be resolute in their approach to his game. Reputations are on the line and there can be no excuse for a limp and lack lustre performance. I reckon that we can win at Prenton Park and burst the Tranmere bubble. A 3-2 scoreline with Big Frank, Samson Tovide and Charlie Daniels on the scoresheet.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful.

Enjoy the game

Up the U's

Durham_exile

"Wirrall" Rubbish - Super U's to prevail at Prenton Park on 11:06 - Oct 6 with 1633 viewsthrillseeker

Durham - a nice positive preview
"Wirrall" Rubbish - Super U's to prevail at Prenton Park on 12:55 - Oct 6 with 1606 viewsWitham

Sadly a bit of ill-health (not aided by going to watch at home last Saturday) means Mr & Mrs Witham will miss this one. Shame as I had a day out planned for the Saturday.
Work has meant I've only seen two home games, compared to five away. The first, Northampton, we were bullied by the big boys, but last week there was no excuse. Admittedly it was the type of day that if at school you'd have thrown your boots away rather than play but it doesn't bode well for that January/February time. We not only looked like we'd just met each other, or not even come on the same bus, but didn't react soon enough when the early warnings came - Eastman should have been on after 15 minutes. Yet again, and remember this is just from the away games, we are weak at the left back position - the goals at Rochdale, and the penalty at Barrow both came from there - and on both those occasions we should have subbed a tiring player sooner.
However Friday is a new start and I'm on for three points away from home. Safe journey to all.
"Wirrall" Rubbish - Super U's to prevail at Prenton Park on 13:08 - Oct 6 with 1604 viewsMoor_Pinot

Thank you for the uplifting preview on this next game. 4-3-3 would be a revelation and won't, of course, happen.
Tchamadeau, Clampin, Chilvers and especially Wiredu all need to play. They are young, hungrier for success and potentially the future of a fast waning club. Tovide needs to be given proper game time too. Again, none of that will happen, but at some point management need to have at least tried to find a successful formula. As you say, so far we have been as ever one dimensional and utterly predictable. Current form is light years away from promotional but a fifth of the way through the season and with the customary defeat at Little Blathering on the Wolds just a few weeks away in the FA Cup it's still not too late for things to look up. Here's hoping your prediction proves that.

Moor Pinot

"Wirrall" Rubbish - Super U's to prevail at Prenton Park on 17:00 - Oct 6 with 1554 viewsdurham_exile

"Wirrall" Rubbish - Super U's to prevail at Prenton Park on 12:55 - Oct 6 by Witham

Sadly a bit of ill-health (not aided by going to watch at home last Saturday) means Mr & Mrs Witham will miss this one. Shame as I had a day out planned for the Saturday.
Work has meant I've only seen two home games, compared to five away. The first, Northampton, we were bullied by the big boys, but last week there was no excuse. Admittedly it was the type of day that if at school you'd have thrown your boots away rather than play but it doesn't bode well for that January/February time. We not only looked like we'd just met each other, or not even come on the same bus, but didn't react soon enough when the early warnings came - Eastman should have been on after 15 minutes. Yet again, and remember this is just from the away games, we are weak at the left back position - the goals at Rochdale, and the penalty at Barrow both came from there - and on both those occasions we should have subbed a tiring player sooner.
However Friday is a new start and I'm on for three points away from home. Safe journey to all.

Sad to hear that both you and Mrs Witham are unable to grace the Cowshed with your presence on Friday evening. Hope that you are both feeling better soon.

I remain optimistic for Friday. Time for the team to put in a shift for the faithful.

Enjoy the game online.

I am taking both my sons to the game, so we will be boosting the numbers.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

"Wirrall" Rubbish - Super U's to prevail at Prenton Park on 17:04 - Oct 6 with 1552 viewsdurham_exile

"Wirrall" Rubbish - Super U's to prevail at Prenton Park on 13:08 - Oct 6 by Moor_Pinot

Thank you for the uplifting preview on this next game. 4-3-3 would be a revelation and won't, of course, happen.
Tchamadeau, Clampin, Chilvers and especially Wiredu all need to play. They are young, hungrier for success and potentially the future of a fast waning club. Tovide needs to be given proper game time too. Again, none of that will happen, but at some point management need to have at least tried to find a successful formula. As you say, so far we have been as ever one dimensional and utterly predictable. Current form is light years away from promotional but a fifth of the way through the season and with the customary defeat at Little Blathering on the Wolds just a few weeks away in the FA Cup it's still not too late for things to look up. Here's hoping your prediction proves that.

Pinault yes the FA Cup draws ever closer.

It is about time that we enjoyed a decent Cup run (yes I know about the Carabao cup) in England's premier Cup Competition.

In the meantime, roll up the sleeves and get stuck into the Tranmere elite on Friday.

HM has little option but to make changes after the poor showing from the team last Saturday.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

"Wirrall" Rubbish - Super U's to prevail at Prenton Park on 17:57 - Oct 6 with 1541 viewsgerry_us

"Wirrall" Rubbish - Super U's to prevail at Prenton Park on 17:04 - Oct 6 by durham_exile

It is about time that we enjoyed a decent Cup run (yes I know about the Carabao cup) in England's premier Cup Competition.

In the meantime, roll up the sleeves and get stuck into the Tranmere elite on Friday.

HM has little option but to make changes after the poor showing from the team last Saturday.

Up the U's

Blathering on the Wolds; did they win Saturday then?
"Wirrall" Rubbish - Super U's to prevail at Prenton Park on 18:03 - Oct 6 with 1538 viewswessex_exile

"Wirrall" Rubbish - Super U's to prevail at Prenton Park on 17:04 - Oct 6 by durham_exile

Up the U's

If I'm honest, I'd take another Bedlington Terriers if it guaranteed getting our promotion campaign back on track...

...but agree, a decent FA Cup run would be nice for a change.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

"Wirrall" Rubbish - Super U's to prevail at Prenton Park on 18:23 - Oct 6 with 1531 viewsdurham_exile

"Wirrall" Rubbish - Super U's to prevail at Prenton Park on 18:03 - Oct 6 by wessex_exile

If I'm honest, I'd take another Bedlington Terriers if it guaranteed getting our promotion campaign back on track...

...but agree, a decent FA Cup run would be nice for a change.

Our Essex fiends are in the Fourth Qualifying round together with Barnet, Dover, Torquay, Yeovil, Sudbury, Wealdstone and Chelmsford.

All banana skins plus more

Up the U's

PS Bedlington Terriers are out but York and Grimsby are amongst the Northern banana skins for Hartlepool to contend with!

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

"Wirrall" Rubbish - Super U's to prevail at Prenton Park on 20:42 - Oct 6 with 1506 viewsMoor_Pinot

"Wirrall" Rubbish - Super U's to prevail at Prenton Park on 18:23 - Oct 6 by durham_exile

Our Essex fiends are in the Fourth Qualifying round together with Barnet, Dover, Torquay, Yeovil, Sudbury, Wealdstone and Chelmsford.

All banana skins plus more

Up the U's

PS Bedlington Terriers are out but York and Grimsby are amongst the Northern banana skins for Hartlepool to contend with!

And Marine!?!

Moor Pinot

"Wirrall" Rubbish - Super U's to prevail at Prenton Park on 21:23 - Oct 6 with 1499 viewsdurham_exile

"Wirrall" Rubbish - Super U's to prevail at Prenton Park on 20:42 - Oct 6 by Moor_Pinot

And Marine!?!

At home to Wrexham in the fourth qualifying round.
A shock for Parkie!

Durham_exile

"Wirrall" Rubbish - Super U's to prevail at Prenton Park on 00:24 - Oct 7 with 1479 viewsmfb_cufc

To put into perspective what an absolute dire "performance" that was against Salford. They were 19th in the league, with no points away from home, and their second goal scored by Elliott, was his first one in 33 games for them.

I agree with noah, Mullins is the latest puppet for Cowling and Humes. For Mullins to say it was just a bad day at the office, as if it was the first poor performance this season, was pathetic. Doesn't he realise we have got the worst home record in the EFL, with one point, and one goal from a penalty that never was.

I said before the Salford game that things need to change, regarding Frank playing as a central striker. It didn't then, and I don't expect it will against Tranmere either. Another common trait of recent managers, of putting square pegs in round holes.

mfb

"Wirrall" Rubbish - Super U's to prevail at Prenton Park on 20:39 - Oct 8 with 1275 viewsgerry_us

Yawn!
"Wirrall" Rubbish - Super U's to prevail at Prenton Park on 20:49 - Oct 8 with 1264 viewswessex_exile

"Wirrall" Rubbish - Super U's to prevail at Prenton Park on 20:39 - Oct 8 by gerry_us

Yawn!

To be honest, so far I'm quite enjoying this one - I'll reserve overall judgement until full-time though.

Up the U's

"Wirrall" Rubbish - Super U's to prevail at Prenton Park on 21:07 - Oct 8 with 1255 viewsgerry_us

"Wirrall" Rubbish - Super U's to prevail at Prenton Park on 20:49 - Oct 8 by wessex_exile

To be honest, so far I'm quite enjoying this one - I'll reserve overall judgement until full-time though.

Bet you are not enjoying so much now. 1-0
....and we have scored our "0" already.
"Wirrall" Rubbish - Super U's to prevail at Prenton Park on 21:14 - Oct 8 with 1249 viewsnoah4x4

Sears and Nouble awful. Hannant not that good. Jasper injecting something positive. Why won’t Mullins listen to fans instead of Humes and De Souza?

Now 2-0. Shocking!
"Wirrall" Rubbish - Super U's to prevail at Prenton Park on 21:26 - Oct 8 with 1241 viewsburnsieespana

Serious concerns as last season repeating itself.
No goal threat and heading towards the bottom two.
"Wirrall" Rubbish - Super U's to prevail at Prenton Park on 21:44 - Oct 8 with 1207 viewsgerry_us

"Wirrall" Rubbish - Super U's to prevail at Prenton Park on 21:14 - Oct 8 by noah4x4

Sears and Nouble awful. Hannant not that good. Jasper injecting something positive. Why won’t Mullins listen to fans instead of Humes and De Souza?

Now 2-0. Shocking!

Heading South now Wessex?
So are the U's and very quickly.
"Wirrall" Rubbish - Super U's to prevail at Prenton Park on 21:59 - Oct 8 with 1180 viewspwrightsknees

I Paid £10 on iFollow to watch two teams play a game of football. But only one team turned up. Can I claim £5 back?

Up the sinking U's!
"Wirrall" Rubbish - Super U's to prevail at Prenton Park on 22:00 - Oct 8 with 1178 viewsMoor_Pinot

"Wirrall" Rubbish - Super U's to prevail at Prenton Park on 21:14 - Oct 8 by noah4x4

Now 2-0. Shocking!

We were never really in it.
Why is Sears playing, why was the Ipswich job lot signed, it's not as though they did much up the road last year. Nouble can't produce given the position he's told to occupy, we've had a fifth of the season to see that. In ten games we've scored four proper goals, three in our one decent performance. I'd say things are no better than the post Christmas period last season. Toothless and pretty spineless too. The decline and subsequent disappointment is difficult to deny.
Clueless most of the time and clearly the new oldies not gelling with the existing - more promising - players we have. Praps we're still experimenting but it doesn't even look like that either.

Moor Pinot

"Wirrall" Rubbish - Super U's to prevail at Prenton Park on 22:02 - Oct 8 with 1176 viewsdurham_exile

"Wirrall" Rubbish - Super U's to prevail at Prenton Park on 21:44 - Oct 8 by gerry_us

Heading South now Wessex?
So are the U's and very quickly.

I will reserve judgement until tomorrow.
Disgusted with Tranmere's play acting first half.

More disturbingly was the racism displayed by 5 Tranmere supporters

More to follow
Up the U's

Durham_exile

"Wirrall" Rubbish - Super U's to prevail at Prenton Park on 22:02 - Oct 8 with 1176 viewsnoah4x4

Disgraceful behaviour by Tranmere Fans. CUSA coach pelted with bricks, one window broken (fortunately just outer of double glazing). Maybe a good thing they won. Imagine if they had lost!
"Wirrall" Rubbish - Super U's to prevail at Prenton Park on 22:05 - Oct 8 with 1167 viewsdurham_exile

"Wirrall" Rubbish - Super U's to prevail at Prenton Park on 22:02 - Oct 8 by noah4x4

Disgraceful behaviour by Tranmere Fans. CUSA coach pelted with bricks, one window broken (fortunately just outer of double glazing). Maybe a good thing they won. Imagine if they had lost!

Have just passed the coach disgraceful behaviour from Tranmere.

Up the U's
[Post edited 9 Oct 2021 0:52]

Durham_exile

"Wirrall" Rubbish - Super U's to prevail at Prenton Park on 22:38 - Oct 8 with 1123 viewsDaniel

Wait, there was a game tonight...

I did know, but my interest has dropped so low that checking the result at 10pm was as much effort as I was prepared to give the game.
"Wirrall" Rubbish - Super U's to prevail at Prenton Park on 23:08 - Oct 8 with 1072 viewsthrillseeker

"Wirrall" Rubbish - Super U's to prevail at Prenton Park on 20:49 - Oct 8 by wessex_exile

Wessex - I think you've been drinking.

First half we were poor, second half worse.

I am stunned at how poor we were.

I can't say much more - distraught and concerned.
"Wirrall" Rubbish - Super U's to prevail at Prenton Park on 23:53 - Oct 8 with 1029 viewswessex_exile

"Wirrall" Rubbish - Super U's to prevail at Prenton Park on 23:08 - Oct 8 by thrillseeker

Wessex - I think you've been drinking.

First half we were poor, second half worse.

I am stunned at how poor we were.

I can't say much more - distraught and concerned.

Of course I’ve been drinking, it was the U’s on a Friday night on the tele. I knew this was going to be a very difficult game, and we were going to have to be exceptionally good to come out of the game with anything. But we didn’t, and we were never going to go unbeaten away all season. I still think the first half was better than anything we did in the shit show against Salford, but still not enough unfortunately. Second half we just fell apart, not helped by a wicked deflection to start things off, but in truth the writing was on the wall regardless. Like I said in the blog, Hayden now has to decide how to fix the problem in the 4 out of 5 remaining matches we have at home this month. Get it right and he’ll probably be a hero, get it wrong and he might be updating his CV.

Up the U's

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024