Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
East Anglian Film Archive 08:48 - Apr 11 with 1308 viewsbwildered

Was on there website regards something other, but notice and watch six minute film taken on Colchester V Torquay 1967 . In colour but no sound.
Not sure of copyright so will have to access site to view, but we’ll worth a watch .
Was anybody there ?

Line-up
1. Sandy Kennon
2. Dennis Mochan
3. Brian Hall
4. Derek Trevis
5. Duncan Forbes
6. Bobby Blackwood
7. Ken Hodgson
8. Peter Bullock
9. Brian Westlake
10. Reg Stratton
11. Johnny Martin
Goalscorers
Goal
84' Reg Stratton.
Coaching staff
Neil Franklin - Manager
[Post edited 11 Apr 2022 8:52]

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

East Anglian Film Archive on 15:45 - Apr 11 with 1233 viewswessex_exile

Bit before my time following the U's, but still a fascinating bit of Col U history.

Website is https://eafa.org.uk/ for anyone interested, then just search for Colchester United.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2022 15:45]

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

East Anglian Film Archive on 16:21 - Apr 11 with 1209 viewsbwildered

Thanks for that Wessex.
Just like me just a tad to early for the U’s has my first recollection was playing in the present Chelsea kit, but a fascinating six minute watch.
Read a book on manager at the time Neil Franklin, with the last couple of chapters on his time at the U’s, if anybody interested in reading it send your address details in my message box and will post it to you , unless local.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2022 16:22]

East Anglian Film Archive on 17:08 - Apr 11 with 1191 viewsWitham

I would like to borrow the book please- perhaps bring it to Exeter or the Easter Monday game ?
Cheers
East Anglian Film Archive on 20:50 - Apr 11 with 1147 viewsDaniel

Here's a direct link to the video
https://eafa.org.uk/work/?id=2332

I noticed at one point in the video there's a corner being taken and the linesman is standing on the goalline near the edge of the penalty area. That's stood out as odd. Did linesman used to do that back then?
East Anglian Film Archive on 21:26 - Apr 11 with 1142 viewsoxfcolu

I believe it was to help a goal line decision and if the ball went out from the corner.
East Anglian Film Archive on 09:09 - Apr 12 with 1108 viewsbwildered

Yes also noticed this, most linesman probably did it more near the corner flag, but wonder if it was more commonplace in the mid sixties.

Witham - sent you a message on the msg board .

East Anglian Film Archive on 09:32 - Apr 12 with 1100 viewspwrightsknees

I only have a vague memory (my memory is always very vague these days), but is this the match in which John Bond spat into Johnny Martin's ear?

Does anyone else remember the incident? It went unpunished in those days, of course.

Up the U's
East Anglian Film Archive on 17:24 - Apr 12 with 1064 viewsburnsieespana

I don't specifically recall the game but in those days went to every home game.
Always thought Sandy Kennon was one of our best keepers and Henry at fullback always exciting roaring up the left wing. Had a fair bit to do with him as after he retired he was the PE teacher at my son's school and we were only talking about some of his odd ideas two weeks ago. My son who was good at all sports could never get his head around the idea because he opened the bowling had to bat at number 11 with his fellow opening bowler at 10 and the two of them scored the majority of the teams runs!
Login to get fewer ads

East Anglian Film Archive on 17:34 - Apr 13 with 1003 viewsdurham_exile

Really enjoyed the footage. I started supporting the U's in 1970 so this was a lovely treat to see the Ground, team, the dress code and the whole match day experience.

Layer Road actually looked far better than I remembered it!

Great stuff. More please.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024