Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's 13:16 - Aug 16 with 2331 viewsdurham_exile

After the lack lustre defensive performance at Edgeley Park, the shot shy U’s are home for the first in a triple header against Bradford, Orient and Brentford. I have already bought my ticket, car parking and booked accommodation for the Brentford game.

Nothing more to say about Saturday, no shots on target is all we need to consider.

We move on and must look for a vastly improved performance against Mark Hughes Bantams. Much has been made about the Easter game at the JCS when we impressively won 3-0 against the Bantams. Ignore that, however. Bradford were already safe and “on the beach”.

Tonight, will be a much tougher prospect. Bradford City, the sleeping giants of League Two, are true contenders, forget about Northampton, Carlisle and Stockport who are simply wannabees.

Hughes approaches the game on the back of back-to-back successes and in Andy Cook has one of the best strikers outside of the championship. Sam Hornby will be up against his old club and will be looking for a shut out this evening.

After Saturday we must take the game to the Bantams and I forecast a 2-0 home victory. Yes really I do.

Now WB is bemoaning the fact that we have seven players out injured: Cole Skuse, Alan Judge, Ossama Ashley, Chay Cooper, Emyr Huws, Tommy Smith and Gene Kennedy.

But we have 36 in our first team squad (less some of the youngsters who are on loan) so frankly we should not be overly troubled by the current crop of injuries. It is the players currently not at the club that should concern us.

I check the newspaper daily for news of the signing of Michael Folivi and remain optimistic despite the silence which is deafening. Get it done now.

Tonight, marks the 450th appearance of Tom Eastman in a U’s shirt. A great milestone and despite the fact that he was outjumped by Wootton at the weekend for the only goal, Tom is normally Mr Dependable for the U’s. Good luck Tom.

I would go with the following for the starting line-up tonight 4,4,2:

Hornby

Tchamadeu, Chambers, Eastman, Kazeem

Hannant, Marshall Miranda, Chilvers, Owens

Sears Akinde

Subs
O’Hara Dallison Newby Coxe Tovide Clampin Nouble

I do not think I was being harsh on Big Frank at the weekend. Despite the fact that he looked leaner he was abject and offered no support for Sears. I include him only on the bench because we should give Big John a start (even though there are fears about his ability to play 90 minutes).

Noah Chilvers was also off colour and I do hope that there is not a Championship club waiting in the wings to whisk him away or we really would be in the brown and pungent.

A great man once wrote we have nothing to fear but fear itself. WB take note; sitting back and playing defensively conditions the players to negative performances and then when we do fall behind we are chasing the game and the mindset then becomes can we adapt. All too often the answer is no.

The other moan is the correct use of substitutes. If we are to bring a striker on when chasing the game, is it sensible to give Samson Tovide three minutes. He was brought on after 93 minutes on Saturday. Shades of yesteryear!

Samson Tovide requires at least 20 minutes in order to affect the game. Anything less and he has little chance to influence events. If necessary give him the second half.

Colchester weather this evening will be 21 degrees Celsius and partly sunny after rain this afternoon. Pitch could be greasy but otherwise ok.

The Bantams are bringing 400 from West Yorkshire, can we provide 3,000.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

[Post edited 17 Aug 2022 17:20]

Durham_exile

Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 15:19 - Aug 16 with 1513 viewsgerry_us

Interesting match tonight Durham.
Bantams v Lame Ducks.
Prove me wrong guys.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 15:41]
Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 15:48 - Aug 16 with 1499 viewsLeadbelly

Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 15:19 - Aug 16 by gerry_us

Interesting match tonight Durham.
Bantams v Lame Ducks.
Prove me wrong guys.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 15:41]

Excellent write up as ever Durham but I'm surprised the Bantams are only being "consumed" rather than stuffed, roasted or plucked.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 18:11 - Aug 16 with 1456 viewsburnsieespana

Good write up as always Durham.
Think O'Hara and the new loan signing both played for under 23's this afternoon against Sheff Weds who were beaten for first time ever. We appear to also have had 5 trialist involved!
Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 18:46 - Aug 16 with 1442 viewsdurham_exile

Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 15:48 - Aug 16 by Leadbelly

Excellent write up as ever Durham but I'm surprised the Bantams are only being "consumed" rather than stuffed, roasted or plucked.

LB - I agree I should have gone for something more savage.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 18:53 - Aug 16 with 1440 viewsdurham_exile

Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 18:11 - Aug 16 by burnsieespana

Good write up as always Durham.
Think O'Hara and the new loan signing both played for under 23's this afternoon against Sheff Weds who were beaten for first time ever. We appear to also have had 5 trialist involved!

Your source is spot on Burnsie because the starting XI this evening is:

Hornby

Coxe Chambers Eastman Kazeem

Hannant Chilvers Marley Miranda Newby

Sears Nouble

Subs
Collins Clampin Dallison Ashley Tchamadeu Akinde Tovide

Charlie Owens clearly played for the U21 with O'Hara

I suspect that Big John can't manage the full 90 minutes

Enjoy the game

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 20:02 - Aug 16 with 1408 viewsdurham_exile

Bright start

Bradford also positive

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 20:09 - Aug 16 with 1405 viewsgerry_us

Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 20:02 - Aug 16 by durham_exile

Bright start

Bradford also positive

Up the U's

No shots in 20 minutes.
Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 20:21 - Aug 16 with 1400 viewsdurham_exile

Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 20:09 - Aug 16 by gerry_us

No shots in 20 minutes.

My "favourite" player has hit the bar

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 20:26 - Aug 16 with 1399 viewsdurham_exile

Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 20:21 - Aug 16 by durham_exile

My "favourite" player has hit the bar

Up the U's

And now he tries to play a one two but underhit the ball
Possession lost

Durham_exile

Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 20:32 - Aug 16 with 1394 viewsdurham_exile

Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 20:26 - Aug 16 by durham_exile

And now he tries to play a one two but underhit the ball
Possession lost

HT 0-0

Right get Frank off and bring Tovide on. Give the youngster 45 mins

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 21:08 - Aug 16 with 1379 viewsdurham_exile

Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 20:32 - Aug 16 by durham_exile

HT 0-0

Right get Frank off and bring Tovide on. Give the youngster 45 mins

Up the U's

Cameron Coxe should be replaced with Junior and Big Frank must be taken off for Tovide.

Coxe head injury

Come on the U's

Durham_exile

Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 21:14 - Aug 16 with 1376 viewsdurham_exile

Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 21:08 - Aug 16 by durham_exile

Cameron Coxe should be replaced with Junior and Big Frank must be taken off for Tovide.

Coxe head injury

Come on the U's

19 mins
Make some changes now for goodness sake

Durham_exile

Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 21:17 - Aug 16 with 1374 viewsdurham_exile

Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 21:14 - Aug 16 by durham_exile

19 mins
Make some changes now for goodness sake

Ryan Clampin on for Big Frank

Where is Tovide come on be positive
Or Big John

Still too negative

What has happened to WB and his winning sequence of results by being positive?

Come on

Durham_exile

Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 21:22 - Aug 16 with 1369 viewsdurham_exile

Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 21:17 - Aug 16 by durham_exile

Ryan Clampin on for Big Frank

Where is Tovide come on be positive
Or Big John

Still too negative

What has happened to WB and his winning sequence of results by being positive?

Come on

Still time to win this.

Get Samson ready for his 3 minutes

Durham_exile

Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 21:24 - Aug 16 with 1367 viewsdurham_exile

Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 21:22 - Aug 16 by durham_exile

Still time to win this.

Get Samson ready for his 3 minutes

Great save from Hornby

Durham_exile

Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 21:28 - Aug 16 with 1364 viewsdurham_exile

Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 21:24 - Aug 16 by durham_exile

Great save from Hornby

Once again Kazeem and Marshall Miranda our two best players.

Newby and Hannant also encouraging

Durham_exile

Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 21:30 - Aug 16 with 1362 viewsdurham_exile

Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 21:28 - Aug 16 by durham_exile

Looks like Big John will get the three minutes tonight

Durham_exile

Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 21:36 - Aug 16 with 1355 viewsdurham_exile

Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 21:30 - Aug 16 by durham_exile

Looks like Big John will get the three minutes tonight

Playing 7 mins of stoppage time.

Hughes booked

Come on

Durham_exile

Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 21:40 - Aug 16 with 1352 viewsdurham_exile

Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 21:36 - Aug 16 by durham_exile

Playing 7 mins of stoppage time.

Hughes booked

Come on

Eastman

Durham_exile

Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 21:44 - Aug 16 with 1342 viewsdurham_exile

Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 21:40 - Aug 16 by durham_exile

Eastman

On his 400th game Tom Eastman has won it for the U's

Can we play Bradford every week

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 21:45 - Aug 16 with 1340 viewsgerry_us

My favourite player wins it for us.
Wasn't it his 400th appearance tonight?
Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 21:46 - Aug 16 with 1337 viewsburnsieespana

Tremendous result
Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 21:49 - Aug 16 with 1328 viewsdurham_exile

Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 21:46 - Aug 16 by burnsieespana

Tremendous result

9 minutes of added time.

Kazeem brilliant (again).

If only we had a striker.

Up the U's

Hughes will be seething on the coach back to Bradford.
But who cares.

Durham_exile

Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 21:56 - Aug 16 with 1321 viewswessex_exile

Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 21:49 - Aug 16 by durham_exile

9 minutes of added time.

Kazeem brilliant (again).

If only we had a striker.

Up the U's

Hughes will be seething on the coach back to Bradford.
But who cares.

Fantastic result, a very good open game, and nothing more than we deserved! Credit to Kazeem too, threw his body on the line there!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 22:56 - Aug 16 with 1289 viewsthrillseeker

Poultry Bantams to be consumed by Super U's on 21:28 - Aug 16 by durham_exile

Kazeem and Marshall Miranda - brilliant performances

Hannant - good game

Hornby - kept us in it

It was joy to watch us be more positive tonight although looking at stats it would suggest we were not

Glad I went
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024