Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wayne Brown to join U's youth coaching staff 22:55 - Jun 1 with 529 viewsnoah4x4

According the the Colchester Gazette, Wayne is returning to the U's in a youth coaching role. Wayne was a great player at Layer Road, but rather lost his way at Leicester City, after a training ground bust up in 2010, involving his racist remarks (but apparently there as no violence).

He apparently boasted to his playing collegues (some having Asian, African or Caribbean ancestry) that he had voted for the British National Party, and then (allegedly) justified this by launching into an abuse attack against ethnic minorities whom he claimed were 'killing this country'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1278734/Revealed-What-BNP-supp

Eventually he issued an apology described as "grovelling" in the press;

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1278502/Leicester-City-star-Wa

One has total respect for Wayne as a U's player, but I find his appointment to a youth coaching role rather bizarre, given the "Kick Racism out of Football" campaign.

But everybody does makes mistakes - and maybe he does deserve this chance to redeem himself. But perhaps Wayne must now issue a strong statement that he was misguided and now wants to become a role model to youth players of all origin. Reformed criminals often come up trumps as good influences over youth, but I can't see how his appointment can work, unless he makes the strongest condemnation of all racism and bigoted opinion.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Wayne Brown to join U's youth coaching staff on 08:30 - Jun 2 with 513 viewswessex_exile

Hmmm, sadly I fear, like misogynism and homophobia, I doubt you have to scratch very deep to find Wayne Brown's views quite widely held in football - his mistake was being stupiud enough to air them in public. It may well be that Robbie and John have already had that conversation with him, they both strike me as right-thinking people (that's right as in correct, not as in politics), but to be honest would a public statement make that much of a difference, would anyone actually believe it? I just hope Wayne has learned to keep his odious political 'views' to himself these days, and not bring them to work.

On a more frivolous note, Wayne Brown is only 35 next birthday, maybe John Ward should consider registering him as a player as well - wouldn't cost anything, and he could be handy as an emergency defender if we have an injury crisis?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Wayne Brown to join U's youth coaching staff on 13:17 - Jun 4 with 478 viewsdurham_exile

Will he return his POTY trophy to the CUSA?

Up the U's

PS I like the defensive cover option as well.

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024