Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any 1 from 5 to join the bottom 3 - it's that simple! 22:41 - Mar 19 with 480 viewsdurham_exile

After tonight's games:

Carlisle 38 45
Shrewsbury 39 44
COLCHESTER 39 43
Oldham 37 39
Scunny 38 38
Bury 38 33
Hartlepool 39 32
Pompey 39 31

We have two tough home fixtures which will go a long way to determining our survival. Anthony Kay for the MK Dons will miss the match against Col U at the WHCS, as he was sent off tonight.

The Oldham game on Easter Monday is simply huge, no massive, no gi-normous, no gargantuan.

But our fate is still in our hands - 7 matches to play and incredibly after Oldham's win tonight we may need 55 points to be absolutely safe. 52 will probably be enough but JD must ensure that the effort displayed against Hartlepool and Bury continues for another four games.

Squeaky bum time.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Any 1 from 5 to join the bottom 3 - it's that simple! on 03:37 - Mar 20 with 472 viewsBarsidepete

I guarantee with all certainty the U's are safe. I've done my own internal numbers crunching .. subject to and a little bit of internal .. plus, had a quick chat with the new pope,.. and holy mackerel so happens we're ok, so no worries

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Any 1 from 5 to join the bottom 3 - it's that simple! on 14:09 - Mar 20 with 443 viewsburnsieespana

Yes I think 52 will be enough but 53 or 54 points as soon as possible would be good.
Not knowing who plays who any games between us, Scunny, Oldham, Shreswbury and Carlisle will settle outcome.
Since we have games against all but Scunny our fate is in our own hands.
Any 1 from 5 to join the bottom 3 - it's that simple! on 14:57 - Mar 20 with 440 viewsnoah4x4

Scunthorpe still have to play;

Doncaster (H), Leyton Orient (H), Bournemouth (A), Preston (A), Walsall (H), Bury (A), M K Dons (A), Swindon (H).

SIX from eight fixtures are hence against top half of the table sides, with THREE against sides in the play off places (and half are away).

Admittedly, The U's have to play FOUR top half sides, but only ONE in a current play off place, and THREE are at HOME.

A win over Oldham would make a huge diference, but I think our real rival is Scunny, and on this evidence, we should have by far the easier run in......

...we hope.

Any 1 from 5 to join the bottom 3 - it's that simple! on 15:16 - Mar 20 with 435 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I think the next two games are massive, if we get three points and Scunthorpe get less than two then I think it will be very difficult for them to catch us with only six games for them to play and four of them away from home.

We could still be in danger after playing 44 games ourselves but then safe before the Shrewsbury game if results go our way on the Tuesday. That would be a great situation to be in. To go into the final home game of the season knowing our League One future is secure. Three wins needed.

Up the U's!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Any 1 from 5 to join the bottom 3 - it's that simple! on 20:17 - Mar 23 with 385 viewsburnsieespana

After result today went our way I now reckin 49 points will be enough for us.
Would think Bury, Portsmouth and Hartlepool are pretty much done for so that really leaves us, Oldham, Scunny and maybe Shrewsbury and Carlisle to fight to avoid the final drop spot.
Any 1 from 5 to join the bottom 3 - it's that simple! on 22:56 - Mar 29 with 336 viewsdurham_exile

Any 1 from 5 to join the bottom 3 - it's that simple! on 20:17 - Mar 23 by burnsieespana

After result today went our way I now reckin 49 points will be enough for us.
Would think Bury, Portsmouth and Hartlepool are pretty much done for so that really leaves us, Oldham, Scunny and maybe Shrewsbury and Carlisle to fight to avoid the final drop spot.

Today's result was shocking and leaves the table thus:

Carlisle 40 47
Shrewsbury 40 45
COLCHESTER 40 43
Scunny 40 41
----------------
Oldham 38 40
Pompey 41 35
Bury 40 34
Hartlepool 41 33

Monday's games are now absolutely vital:

Bournemouth v Scunny
Oldham v COL U
Shrewsbury v Crawley

and then saturday's

COL U v Orient
Oldham v Carlisle
Preston v Scunny

then

Preston v Oldham

then

Bury v Oldham
Scunny v Walsall
Notts C v COL U

then

COL U v MK Dons
Bury v Scunny
Oldham v Yeovil

then

COL U v Shrewsbury
MK Dons v Scunny
Oldham v Crawley

then

Shrewsbury v Oldham

and finally

Carlisle v COL U
Orient v Oldham
Scunny v Swindon

Boundary Park on Easter Monday is simply so huge that even calling it a six pointer doesn't do the game justice.

It is also a must not lose but more probably a must win.

It could all yet go to the wire at Brunton Park

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Any 1 from 5 to join the bottom 3 - it's that simple! on 09:45 - Mar 30 with 310 viewsGate16

If you look at the position now and the games left for each team, you would unequivocably least want Scunthorpe's run in.

To be totally blunt, if we still manage to finish below them looking at the upcoming games then you have to say we would deserve to go down.

(as much as it hurts to say that)
Any 1 from 5 to join the bottom 3 - it's that simple! on 12:36 - Mar 30 with 301 viewsburnsieespana

Seems to me Oldham have a run in that should ensure they escape and beginning to look like the fourth spot between us, Scunny and Shrewsbury.
Although Pompey are now picking up points surely they will get hit with a ten point deduction?
Login to get fewer ads

Any 1 from 5 to join the bottom 3 - it's that simple! on 13:54 - Apr 2 with 266 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I'm not sure now whether I want Shrewsbury to keep winning so that they're safe by the time they come to ours or keep losing so that they're still involved in the relegation battle.

Carlisle and Preston still in it too. Why can't Scunthorpe just keep losing then we could all just relax.

Where's Noah with some stats to put our minds at rest?

Any 1 from 5 to join the bottom 3 - it's that simple! on 14:09 - Apr 2 with 263 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Remaining fixtures:

Preston

H V Scunthorpe
H V Oldham
A V Carlisle
H V Tranmere
A V Crawley
A V Sheff Utd

Shrewsbury

A V Yeovil
H V Bournemouth
A V Col U
H V Oldham
H V Portsmouth

Carlisle

A V Oldham
A V Doncaster
H V Preston
A V Bournemouth
H V Col U

Col U

H V Leyton Orient
A V Notts County
H V MK Dons
H V Shrewsbury
A V Carlisle

Oldham

H V Carlisle
A V Preston
A V Bury
H V Yeovil
H V Crawley
A V Shrewsbury
A V Leyton Orient
Plus one other

Scunthorpe

A V Preston
H V Walsall
A V Bury
A V MK Dons
H V Swindon

It looks like a battle between us and Scunthorpe but if Carlisle and Shrewsbury lose their next two games they'll be right in it. Especially if us and Scunthorpe both pick up points. Looking at their run in's I think Oldham and Preston will be fine. I'll be hoping for an Preston win on Saturday and maybe Oldham too!

Any 1 from 5 to join the bottom 3 - it's that simple! on 09:36 - Apr 10 with 208 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I think it's one from four now after recent victories for Preston and Carlisle.

Remaining fixtures:

Shrewsbury

H V Bournemouth
A V Col U
H V Oldham
H V Portsmouth

Col U

A V Notts County
H V MK Dons
H V Shrewsbury
A V Carlisle

Oldham

A V Bury
H V Yeovil
H V Crawley
A V Shrewsbury
A V Leyton Orient

Scunthorpe

H V Walsall
A V Bury
A V MK Dons
H V Swindon

Scunthorpe have to play the teams currently 6th, 8th and 9th in the division. We've got to play two maybe three teams with nothing to play for. Three more points should be more than enough to secure League One football for another season.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024