Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don't forget ....its Palace tonight! 08:13 - Sep 24 with 1172 viewsnoah4x4

Under 21 fixture WHCS K.O 7.00pm

Announced on the U's website just seven days ago - but since then has been buried under 17 'news' items (with far too many about Pizzas and Bookies!).

Spoke to a few regular fans last night that had already forgotten about it!

Our U21 games have been fantastic entertainment; and the lads deserve more support............so let's give these more profile too.
Don't forget ....its Palace tonight! on 23:18 - Sep 24 with 1155 viewsmfb_cufc

Colchester 2 Crystal Palace 5. Both Colchester goals scored by Ladapo.

mfb

Don't forget ....its Palace tonight! on 03:06 - Sep 25 with 1145 viewsBarsidepete

Very strong side faced, by what I read in the Gazette. Cousins was injured before HT, hope that's a minor knock,

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Don't forget ....its Palace tonight! on 15:23 - Sep 26 with 1108 viewsnoah4x4

Was at the game.....2 - 5 result.

Good crowd; almost 500.

But it can be best summed up (despite it being under 21)

Kevin Phillips 2 - 0 Clinton Morrison.

Kevin Phillips (aged 40) continues to impress. Yes; I did say AGE FORTY.
Was pacey and sharp. Very entertaining; and an inspiration to the younger Eagles.

By comparison; Morrison (aged 34) looked like a donkey. He might, at best, inspire a vulture of its perch that is thinking Clinton; there's one approaching his sell by date.

Clinton spent the first half in an odd sort of middle of midfield position. Always in space; but so far away from play that he was unlikely to ever receive the ball. Completely off the pace; he did nothing but wave and shout at our players and point at the runs of opposition players that he himself should perhaps be closing down.Second half; was pushed forward. But up front; U's two goal star man; Freddie Lapado; made him look very second best. Phillips looked better; but Freddie is our future and gets better and better.

The Eagles were a class act; and our U21s; without Drey Wright; Gilbey; and Olefumi that have graduated to the first team squad; looked half the team that they were against Arsenal. What is worrying is that Spence; Cousins and Bean all picked up what look like fairly serious knocks; given they might be needed for Saturday. Mark Cousins seems to be utterly lacking in confidence and was badly at fault for the first gift of a goal. But second half replacement young GK Phillips does look an encouraging prospect.

What was really bizarre was watching Spence get injured and the complacent reaction on the bench. After Spence ran some lung busting yardage; he pulled up; I instantly said "hamstring; he won't play another moment".

Spence was then off the pitch long enough for a corner to be taken; a goal kick; then Palace dribble up his EMPTY flank and score. Then a restart and again up his flank Palace almost score again. Palace used about NINE outfield subs. We used just two (outfield) and I don't really follow this reasoning; unless playing with ten men was a deliberate practice exercise!

Doogie in charge....hmmm...not sure about that. Even less inspiring in the technical area that John Ward.

First time I have ever left WHCS early (but only by five minutes). For once the pub did beckon more than my will to give the team an ovation. Felt guilty afterwards. After all, this is our future (but not Clinton M).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024