Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Past U's players that played in a World Cup 13:45 - Jun 3 with 600 viewsDaniel

I'm working on an article about Efe Sodje and it got me thinking about him playing for Nigeria in the 2002 World Cup, which in turn made me wonder if any other past players had played in a World Cup.

I struggled for a while, but then Mark Kinsella sprung to mind, and a much more obvious one (but easy to forget) Teddy Sheringham.

Are there any more?
Past U's players that played in a World Cup on 15:22 - Jun 3 with 586 viewsnoah4x4

GK coach Ade Bankole made Nigeria's preliminary squad in 2002 but never made the final cut.

Full back Luke Garbutt made the 2018 England Squad, or is that too much foresight?

How about our Aussies, or doesn't playing in World Cup qualifiers count? Chris Coyne? Strangely he played for Aussie in the 2010 qualifiers AFTER leaving Col Utd and the UK and we thought he was Cr...p!

[Post edited 3 Jun 2014 15:31]
Past U's players that played in a World Cup on 17:36 - Jun 3 with 570 viewsBarsidepete

Nuttin' much wrong with Teddy. England national and legend. Anyway,.

How did Mark Kinsella not come to mind , I mean really , ahem

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Past U's players that played in a World Cup on 23:30 - Jun 3 with 550 viewswessex_exile

Mike Masters Pete - did he ever make the World Cup?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Past U's players that played in a World Cup on 00:18 - Jun 4 with 548 viewsBarsidepete

Past U's players that played in a World Cup on 23:30 - Jun 3 by wessex_exile

Mike Masters Pete - did he ever make the World Cup?

No he didn't, Wessex, although, he does hold the distinction of first American to score at Wembley.. And then there's the FA Trophy glory with ColU.. Was a US national, though. A terrific link between the states and Colchester, methinks :)

Past U's players that played in a World Cup on 09:16 - Jun 4 with 529 viewswessex_exile

Past U's players that played in a World Cup on 00:18 - Jun 4 by Barsidepete

No he didn't, Wessex, although, he does hold the distinction of first American to score at Wembley.. And then there's the FA Trophy glory with ColU.. Was a US national, though. A terrific link between the states and Colchester, methinks :)

...and a terrific player too - he was indeed the first American to score at Wembley, and if I recall correctly was refused a visa to continue playing with the U's back in the football league simply because at the time he hadn't made enough (any?) appearances for USA?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Past U's players that played in a World Cup on 23:19 - Jun 4 with 499 viewsBarsidepete

Past U's players that played in a World Cup on 09:16 - Jun 4 by wessex_exile

...and a terrific player too - he was indeed the first American to score at Wembley, and if I recall correctly was refused a visa to continue playing with the U's back in the football league simply because at the time he hadn't made enough (any?) appearances for USA?

Masters did cap for the US in 1992.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024