Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tranmere (h) 16/2/21 22:59 - Feb 9 with 463 viewswessex_exile

This rearranged game has been postponed again - Tranmere are playing at Oxford Utd in an EFL Trophy semi-final, which apparently is also being televised. No chance we’d pull rank there.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Tranmere (h) 16/2/21 on 00:04 - Feb 10 with 451 viewsRSCOSWORTH

As our next two games were scheduled to be against clubs with the best form in the division currently I wouldn’t have a problem with either of them being postponed right now. I’d be very impressed if the pitch is clear of snow come Saturday but I guess that is all they need to worry about now with no fans to consider.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Tranmere (h) 16/2/21 on 08:27 - Feb 10 with 437 viewswessex_exile

Tranmere (h) 16/2/21 on 00:04 - Feb 10 by RSCOSWORTH

As our next two games were scheduled to be against clubs with the best form in the division currently I wouldn’t have a problem with either of them being postponed right now. I’d be very impressed if the pitch is clear of snow come Saturday but I guess that is all they need to worry about now with no fans to consider.

How is it over there right now, has the Beast from the East abated at all? We’ve no snow at all over here, just flipping cold!

Up the U's

Tranmere (h) 16/2/21 on 09:25 - Feb 10 with 427 viewsLeadbelly

Tranmere (h) 16/2/21 on 08:27 - Feb 10 by wessex_exile

How is it over there right now, has the Beast from the East abated at all? We’ve no snow at all over here, just flipping cold!

Still very cold and we had more snow overnight in Lawford. Forecast for today through Saturday remains cold with occasional snow showers today and tomorrow. Ground isn’t frozen here as it was so wet before the snow. If the game goes ahead I would imagine the pitch will be very heavy.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Tranmere (h) 16/2/21 on 10:52 - Feb 10 with 417 viewswessex_exile

I'm sure Dave Blacknall will be relieved the pitch isn't taking another battering next Tuesday evening. Gives him 10 whole days to work his magic before Exeter come to town.

Up the U's

Tranmere (h) 16/2/21 on 14:48 - Feb 12 with 353 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Tranmere (h) 16/2/21 on 08:27 - Feb 10 by wessex_exile

I live less than a mile from the ground and we've had the most snow we've had in years. I reckon there's a best part of eight inches on some of the cars in my road. It's now freezing cold and only meant to get colder so even if the snow was cleared off of the pitch I imagine the playing surface would be rock solid underneath. I see the game tomorrow has been moved to Sunday but I can't see it being a great deal better by then. It wouldn't surprise me at all if this game doesn't go ahead this weekend.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Tranmere (h) 16/2/21 on 22:10 - Feb 17 with 299 viewsmfb_cufc

Tranmere game has been rearranged for Tuesday 23rd March with a 19.00 kick-off. That means we play every Saturday and Tuesday throughout March.

mfb

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024