Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Basement side to be seen off by Super U's at JSCS 13:37 - Sep 3 with 857 viewsdurham_exile

Three games unbeaten for HM’s Super U’s bodes well going into our home game against Sutton United. After the disappointment of the game against Northampton Town the U’s will be looking to secure that first home victory to continue our rise up the League.

Clearly no game is a given, but Matt Gray’s team come to the JSCS sitting in 24th place. However, the U’s will be reunited with Craig Eastmond, a former star at our club and now Sutton Club Captain.

We also will not want to be remembering that fateful 1993 FA Cup Match at Layer Road where we lost 4-3 to Sutton by conceding a last-minute winner.

The good news with the transfer window was that we didn’t lose any players and gained another one albeit on loan from our Suffolk fiends in the form of Armando Dobra, born in London but qualifies to play for Albania.

HM also has just the one injury to contend with that of Ryan Clampin, but Charlie Daniels has brought experience to the position and played very well last week at Rochdale. Alan Judge is fit again after his injury and gives more selection headaches.

HM must therefore decide whether to stick with the four at the back or revert to the early season three centre halves. He has striking options too.

HM could therefore try 3,5,2:

George
Eastman Chambers Smith
Welch-Hayes Wiredu Chilvers Skuse Daniels
Jasper Nouble

Or 5,3,2

George
Welch-Hayes Eastman Chambers Smith Daniels
Wiredu Chilvers Skuse
Jasper Nouble

Or 4,3,2,1

George
Welch-Hayes Chambers Smith Daniels
Wiredu Chilvers Skuse
Judge Jasper
Nouble

However, we are at home and have just signed two pacy strikers so
I would like to see 4,3,3

George

Welch-Hayes Chambers Smith Daniels

Wiredu Chilvers Skuse

Dobra Nouble Jasper

Subs:
Turner Eastman Tovide Coxe Kennedy Hannant Sears

Judge might need another few days to come back into the reckoning.

Thinking. George is now the Number One and a great favourite with the fans. I prefer Welch-Hayes to Coxe at full back. Chambers and Smith just get the nod over Eastman (but it is close). Daniels definitely at left back with Clampin still out.

Midfield, I would like to see Hannant with Wiredu, Chilvers and Skuse but that leaves us short of the strike force. Therefore, play Dobra and Jasper as left and right-wing strikers with Big Frank through the middle.

We need to take Sutton on early doors and look to score some goals. My 4,3,3 gives those options and has some decent forward players. I think we will win 4-0. Jasper and Dobra on the scoresheet with Big Frank to break his duck and a pearler from Daniels.

Weather will be 18 degrees Celsius and sunny tomorrow at the JSCS.

A decent crowd to see the U’s secure a handsome home victory.

The Exiles can also watch the game on COLU TV/iFollow because of the international break.

Enjoy the game. Especially Sevebalo's young son attending his first Colchester game.
And Burnsie flying in specially.

Up the U’s

[Post edited 3 Sep 2021 13:38]

Durham_exile

Basement side to be seen off by Super U's at JSCS on 15:21 - Sep 3 with 818 viewsgerry_us

Peter, you have totally confused management on your four team selections. I am reliably informed that they await your pre-match report before team selection so they will be totally confused.
Will be good the see Eastman and Eastmond on the pitch. I often used to get them muddled up but being on opposite teams tomorrow may help me slightly.
Basement side to be seen off by Super U's at JSCS on 18:15 - Sep 3 with 785 viewsdurham_exile

Basement side to be seen off by Super U's at JSCS on 15:21 - Sep 3 by gerry_us

Peter, you have totally confused management on your four team selections. I am reliably informed that they await your pre-match report before team selection so they will be totally confused.
Will be good the see Eastman and Eastmond on the pitch. I often used to get them muddled up but being on opposite teams tomorrow may help me slightly.

Gerry it has confused them the game is off.

Outbreak of COVID amongst Sutton players.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Basement side to be seen off by Super U's at JSCS on 19:15 - Sep 3 with 769 viewswessex_exile

Basement side to be seen off by Super U's at JSCS on 18:15 - Sep 3 by durham_exile

Gerry it has confused them the game is off.

Outbreak of COVID amongst Sutton players.

Up the U's

LOL - read this seconds after posting my WSC blog. Shame, I was looking forward to watching the U's tomorrow, but so be it.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Basement side to be seen off by Super U's at JSCS on 10:19 - Sep 4 with 711 viewsgerry_us

I must say I am confused about "International call-upS" from Sutton United???
Basement side to be seen off by Super U's at JSCS on 10:31 - Sep 4 with 706 viewswessex_exile

Basement side to be seen off by Super U's at JSCS on 10:19 - Sep 4 by gerry_us

I think it must be striker Omar Bugiel? Plays for Lebanon and came of the bench on Thursday for their World Cup qualifier 0-0 draw against UAE.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Basement side to be seen off by Super U's at JSCS on 10:34 - Sep 4 with 705 viewsdurham_exile

Basement side to be seen off by Super U's at JSCS on 10:19 - Sep 4 by gerry_us

Gerry from the Sutton website:

"Sutton go in to the game at the foot of the table after the late defeat against Oldham, but boosted confidence on Tuesday with a convincing win against Crystal Palace in the Papa John's Trophy . Several of those who impressed on Tuesday could get their chance at Colchester, with Jon Barden having limped off injured against Palace and Omar Bugiel away with Lebanon for the World Cup qualifiers, earning his eighth cap as a substitute on Thursday in the 0-0 draw away to the UAE. They play in South Korea next week."

When we used to have two Internationals our games were not called off.

I don't know how many of the Sutton first team have contracted COVID however.

Ultimately they just feared the Super U's

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Basement side to be seen off by Super U's at JSCS on 08:10 - Sep 5 with 620 viewsbwildered

With the sudden postponement of this game and the weather fine, a football fix was required, a enjoyable afternoon was had watching Little Oakley progress to the next round of the FA Cup.
Two nil up at half time but conceded in the final minutes from a free kick put pressure on themselves after failing to take several good chances beforehand in sealing the victory, but a decent hard earned home win.
Let’s hope the draw is kind to them in the next round.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Basement side to be seen off by Super U's at JSCS on 14:41 - Sep 7 with 506 viewsdurham_exile

Sutton have all been through a "Lazarus experience" and miraculously are fit to host Stevenage and Hartlepool.

I do hope that the EFL investigate this fully because they were claiming injury and international call ups.

One player was away on international duty and simply injuries alone are insufficient grounds to call off a game.

If players had contracted COVID then will they have all isolated for the requisite number of days. I smell a very large ratus norvegicus here!

Up the fighting fit U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024