Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Odd thought 20:41 - Oct 9 with 772 viewsburnsieespana

When us and Southend were doing relatively well Essex cricket was in a dire state at the bottom of Div 2 in the County Championship!
Essex have had a golden period but both Essex football clubs have been dire
We need a Tendo character to shake us up!-
RC needs to do the same as RM at Southend and get an experienced
Manager in otherwise we will sing without trace.
Kilmarnock fans rated our assistant Manager the worst they ever had as Manager and utterly clueless.
I had my reservations about recruiting so many from Ipswich and our assistant Manager plus what was signing Coxe on loan about as looks out of his depth.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2021 9:43]
Odd thought on 22:04 - Oct 9 with 736 viewswessex_exile

It's definitely an odd thought if you're suggesting we pick up Phil Brown because he's available? Doesn't he hold the record for being sacked from all top five leagues in English football?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Odd thought on 09:08 - Oct 10 with 698 viewsnoah4x4

Southend's critical plight should sound alarm bells at the Jobserve.

Transfer windows mean a manager can only work with the squad that he has. Humes, Ball and De Souza were quick to claim credit for the lazy recruitment of the job lot of Ipswich rejects, but like Southend's Brown, it will be Mullins that will be sacked. But Ron Martin and Robbie Cowling need to look above the team coach to arrest this slide into oblivion.

I spoke with some passionate Ipswich fans yesterday that made the observation that the only motivation of Judge, Sears etc is a final pay cheque. In their final contract before likely retirement, it possibly doesn't matter to them if they play or not, as they will still get paid. It was suggested Ipswich management recognised their waning motivation and off loaded them as past "best by date". Sounds plausible to me!
Odd thought on 09:34 - Oct 10 with 691 viewsburnsieespana

Odd thought on 22:04 - Oct 9 by wessex_exile

It's definitely an odd thought if you're suggesting we pick up Phil Brown because he's available? Doesn't he hold the record for being sacked from all top five leagues in English football?

No suggestion of the sort as couldn't tolerate Brown at Colchester so you have read something into my comments although rereading I could have phrased my post better
I do however think we can't continue with our present set up for very long
as otherwise we will be in the same place as Southend next year.
Personally I don't take on board what Ipswich fans say about us but we dp seem to have signed a large group of players at the end of the career and our problem is, to me we have almost nobody in the 25-28 age group which in theory is when players are at there best performance wise.
I am sure HM is a really decent guy but he accepted this group of players signed so is equally responsible.

[Post edited 10 Oct 2021 12:48]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024