Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vaping in stadiums 22:13 - Apr 7 with 857 viewsnoah4x4

Forgive this moan, but has anybody else noticed how 'vaping' in the stands is becoming ever more commonplace, notably amongst youngsters that have possibly never smoked tobacco?

Not only is this illegal (at least as regards football ground regulations), this is utterly inconsiderate to those of us that have lung, asthmatic or similar health problems, and disrespectful of those that just don't like the stink. Complain and expect to be met with ignorance, go further and involve the stewards and it is suddenly a major incident. It was a problem near me today at Stevenage, and watching the Middlesborough v Burnley game on TV tonight, the Sky cameras picked out some guilty parties, surrounded by tell tale 'smoke'. Why are the ground authorities not taking proactive action based on CCTV?

I am an ex-smoker that (eleven years ago) caught a rare form of pneumonia from vaping during the difficult process of giving up tobacco. Frankly, I gave up instantly when (accidently) initially misdiagnosed with lung cancer, and later discovering it was serious pneumonia was only limited relief, as I was ill for many months. Standards of behavior are slipping and we need to purge this blight.
Vaping in stadiums on 22:49 - Apr 7 with 827 viewswessex_exile

Having just got back, I must admit I didn't personally experience vaping near me, but I agree that the odour can be unpleasant for those in the immediate vicinity. Obviously, it's just water vapour with a hint of whatever scent/ flavour the user chooses, but it can be quite pungent. As an active 'part-time' smoker, I did go down at half-time because Stevenage used to have a smoking area just outside the exit gates, but this time they had closed them off so I did without. Perhaps if they had a similar arrangement to at the JobServe you might not have had vaping going on in your vicinity?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Vaping in stadiums on 22:52 - Apr 7 with 825 viewsdurham_exile

I have never smoked or vaped.

What concerns me about vaping are the side effects which are beginning to manifest themselves.

I must admit though Noah I haven't seen anyone vaping at a Col U match yet.

Hopefully the authorities will stamp this out and quick.

In the meantime the team needs to defeat Crewe on Easter Monday.

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024