Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The New Meadow - the Taming of the Shrew 09:21 - Oct 27 with 433 viewsdurham_exile

Another league game today at the Greenhous Meadow. I was present the last time that we played the Shrews (2007/08 season) in what was a very lack lustre performance, ironically at their then new stadium, and we came away with a disappointing 1-0 defeat from a league cup game.

The New Meadow is very similar to the WHCS in both capacity and layout.

Shrewsbury Town are looking for a morale boosting win following a defeat to everyone's bogey team Yeovil Town on Tuesday night.

Colchester look to continue their impressive form, there is even talk of Manager of the Month awards for JD, although if it carries the curse then we don't want it.
JD has transformed Colchester however and it some ways it would be fitting if he picked up the award ahead of the Blades.

A fifth booking for Woody against the O's sees him suspended today and it is possible that Hendo will therefore keep his place. Sanchez Watt should be fit and will slot right back into the team which is excellent news.

Team line up 4-3-3 could be as follows:

Cousins

Wilson Magnus Eastman Rose

Eastmond Bean Hendo

Watt Ibehre Massey

Subs:

Nkumu, White, Morrison, Sears, Wright, O'Toole, Pentney

Injuries are still affecting Matt Heath but Clinton Morrison has served his three match ban.

Shrewsbury Town have their talisman striker Marvin Morgan suspended today.

With the derby game at Chelmsford next week, today gives the U's the perfect opportunity to obtain another three points to continue their meteoric rise up the table.

Colchester must be at their best and start strongly but there is no reason why another good performance cannot yield another three points.

Snow has arrived in the NE but the forecast for the west of England is better, safe journey to the travelling faithful.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

The New Meadow - the Taming of the Shrew on 10:26 - Oct 27 with 424 viewsDaniel

It'll be interesting to see who gets given the armband today with Wordy being suspended. Going by previous captains, Magnus will be the obvious choice, but JD may have someone else in mind.
The New Meadow - the Taming of the Shrew on 14:21 - Oct 27 with 413 viewsnoah4x4

Doogie in for suspended Woody.

Joe Dunne, it's the first time I have disagreed with your league team selection. Doogie was terrible against Northampton and disappointed against Orient (as sub).

Sorry,as he is a U's legend, but is now too old and slow for the U's current tactics......hope he proves me wrong
The New Meadow - the Taming of the Shrew on 13:25 - Oct 29 with 347 viewsAFCMorant

The New Meadow - the Taming of the Shrew on 14:21 - Oct 27 by noah4x4

Doogie in for suspended Woody.

Joe Dunne, it's the first time I have disagreed with your league team selection. Doogie was terrible against Northampton and disappointed against Orient (as sub).

Sorry,as he is a U's legend, but is now too old and slow for the U's current tactics......hope he proves me wrong

I'm afraid you were right about Doogie, utterly anonymous and trotting about in the centre of the pitch to little effect. Unless he was injured or just tired after two tough away games the decision to take Bean off backfired big time.
Have to say though it was a thoroughly entertaining game, with a good atmosphere and good attendance, including from the away fans. Was a bit disorientating being in the WHCS but in the middle of Shropshire.
The New Meadow - the Taming of the Shrew on 07:03 - Oct 30 with 318 viewsdurham_exile

The New Meadow - the Taming of the Shrew on 13:25 - Oct 29 by AFCMorant

I'm afraid you were right about Doogie, utterly anonymous and trotting about in the centre of the pitch to little effect. Unless he was injured or just tired after two tough away games the decision to take Bean off backfired big time.
Have to say though it was a thoroughly entertaining game, with a good atmosphere and good attendance, including from the away fans. Was a bit disorientating being in the WHCS but in the middle of Shropshire.

AFC - the grounds are very similar aren't they but I think the WHCS shades it by a country mile!

Another point towards our play off target!

Up the U's

PS Doogie is a legend, but time to hang up his Col U boots - I haven't seen him play well this season

Durham_exile

The New Meadow - the Taming of the Shrew on 09:57 - Oct 30 with 316 viewsAFCMorant

The New Meadow - the Taming of the Shrew on 07:03 - Oct 30 by durham_exile

AFC - the grounds are very similar aren't they but I think the WHCS shades it by a country mile!

Another point towards our play off target!

Up the U's

PS Doogie is a legend, but time to hang up his Col U boots - I haven't seen him play well this season

I enjoyed the experience at Shrewsbury, and I thought it had a bit more of a feel to it than WHCS. However, I didn't attend a home game at all last season, but will be able to compare the two experience on 8 December v Oldham.
Sanchez Watt looked very good, as did Bean and Ibehre, we will miss these 3 very much at the end of their loan spells so I only hope we can extend. I think we also missed Wordsworth, and O'toole when he came on looked a little overweight to me. Overall a good day out, lovely town, good ales and I'd have taken 4 points from 2 away games in 5 days.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024