Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mourinho 09:47 - Jun 4 with 2233 viewsLeadbelly

Is it just me or does Jose Mourinho sound slightly Russian when speaking? I've never been to Portugal so have nothing to compare him except AVB, who sounds similar to me.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Mourinho on 14:34 - Jun 5 with 2199 viewsTheOldOakTree

Interesting you should say that, I have been fortunate enough to visit Lisbon a few times and on the first occasion I was quite shocked to hear the slightly hash, possibly aggressive tone that the locals have and I remember thinking that to an ignoramus like me it sounded like a Russian trying to speak Spanish.

Having said that, from my experiences, it's a lovely place with many nice people, but the thing that sticks in my mind is that it has by far the poshest public toilet I have ever had the pleasure of relieving myself in. The tourist information office off the main square, has (or did have) marble clad conveniences with gold looking taps and subdued lighting, but above all, the standard of cleanliness is/was better than first class.

I would strongly recommend you visit (Lisbon that is - the Wc's are at your discretion).

Just to share one other thing about Portugal, for anyone who has not been, when much younger and drive abroad for the first time, I followed a Portuguese artic with the words VEHICULO LONGO on the back, sadly since then I have discovered that my theory of speaking Portuguese being a piece of piss, was totally unfounded.
Mourinho on 17:49 - Jun 5 with 2189 viewsBarsidepete

Mourinho on 14:34 - Jun 5 by TheOldOakTree

Interesting you should say that, I have been fortunate enough to visit Lisbon a few times and on the first occasion I was quite shocked to hear the slightly hash, possibly aggressive tone that the locals have and I remember thinking that to an ignoramus like me it sounded like a Russian trying to speak Spanish.

Having said that, from my experiences, it's a lovely place with many nice people, but the thing that sticks in my mind is that it has by far the poshest public toilet I have ever had the pleasure of relieving myself in. The tourist information office off the main square, has (or did have) marble clad conveniences with gold looking taps and subdued lighting, but above all, the standard of cleanliness is/was better than first class.

I would strongly recommend you visit (Lisbon that is - the Wc's are at your discretion).

Just to share one other thing about Portugal, for anyone who has not been, when much younger and drive abroad for the first time, I followed a Portuguese artic with the words VEHICULO LONGO on the back, sadly since then I have discovered that my theory of speaking Portuguese being a piece of piss, was totally unfounded.

I was listening to Federer's post-loss speech and couldn't help but think of my brother who only arrived in the states as a late teen. Their pronunciations are so similar that Federer might be a Czech at heart just as Mourinov could have a little Russin in im:D

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Mourinho on 13:59 - Jun 7 with 2165 viewsLeadbelly

Mourinho on 14:34 - Jun 5 by TheOldOakTree

Portugal is on the long list of places I want to visit but haven't yet done so. I will almost certainly resist the lure of Lisbon as I really dislike towns and cities at the best of times and avoid them as much as possible when on holiday. 24 years working in Central London has a lot to do with it!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Mourinho on 21:08 - Jun 10 with 2139 viewsBarsidepete

Call me "the Happy One," he says today.

I don't believe I've ever seen Happy and Mourinho in the same room.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024