Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A tough game tomorrow 09:02 - Mar 18 with 4923 viewsdgt73

Villa maybe having a nightmare of a season but still have some good & experienced players that can cause us problems.

I'd settle for a 1-0 win and 3 extremely valuable points which should see over the line.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

A tough game tomorrow on 09:15 - Mar 18 with 3449 viewsshandyjack

think we'll win 2/3-1

Poll: Expectation for the season

A tough game tomorrow on 09:16 - Mar 18 with 3448 viewsMervyn

i'll drink to that...anxious 90 minutes me thinks
A tough game tomorrow on 11:38 - Mar 18 with 3351 viewsfelixstowe_jack

2-0 I hope I don't want to be hanging on for the last 10 minutes waiting for a fluke goal.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

A tough game tomorrow on 11:42 - Mar 18 with 3343 viewsbuilthjack

They are still able to get out of the relegation places, it's possible. So still a dangerous fixture. We need early goals.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

A tough game tomorrow on 11:46 - Mar 18 with 3326 viewsPegojack

What are the odds on Scotty Sinclair scoring a winning goal?

No booing when you see him, please, don't goad him.
A tough game tomorrow on 11:52 - Mar 18 with 3317 viewsnantywatcher

I find it hard to believe that some people "assume" we will win the game, I hope the players and management are not in that frame of mind!
A tough game tomorrow on 11:56 - Mar 18 with 3302 viewstomdickharry

Villa are a very poor side and unlike Sunderland do not have a top class striker like Defoe,having seen them on TV over the course of this season give away goals for fun,it would be nothing short of a disastrous result if we do not beat them.
A tough game tomorrow on 11:57 - Mar 18 with 3302 viewsjasper_T

When did they get some good players? I thought the transfer window was closed.
Login to get fewer ads

A tough game tomorrow on 11:57 - Mar 18 with 3302 viewsSwanzay

When ever we play a shite team, we lower ourselves totheir level.
Tomorrow is going to be a difficult match.
A tough game tomorrow on 12:15 - Mar 18 with 3253 viewsLord_Bony

This is the one game of the season I am very confident of us winning...I would even go as far to say its in the bag.

Shocking team atm with a big attitude problem...as soon as we get our first goal in they will crumble and give up I guarantee...seen it happen so many times with them.

Just hope our defence holds fast and Fab is on form ,if so I would say easily 2/3.0 swans.
If we can t beat these at home then we deserve all we get.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

A tough game tomorrow on 12:26 - Mar 18 with 3208 viewsA_Fans_Dad

A tough game tomorrow on 12:15 - Mar 18 by Lord_Bony

This is the one game of the season I am very confident of us winning...I would even go as far to say its in the bag.

Shocking team atm with a big attitude problem...as soon as we get our first goal in they will crumble and give up I guarantee...seen it happen so many times with them.

Just hope our defence holds fast and Fab is on form ,if so I would say easily 2/3.0 swans.

I really do hope this post of yours does not come back to bite your b*m.
Haven't you learnt yet that there are no sure fire easy games in the Prem?
A tough game tomorrow on 12:27 - Mar 18 with 3205 viewsBenJ94

An early goal is vital for us! So that probably means we'll sit back and let them attack us for 90 minutes! These are shite, but aslong as we're in our game, we shouldn't have many problems!
A tough game tomorrow on 12:28 - Mar 18 with 3203 viewspencoedjack

A tough game tomorrow on 12:15 - Mar 18 by Lord_Bony

You been watching the Swans for long ?
A tough game tomorrow on 12:34 - Mar 18 with 3191 viewsLord_Bony

A tough game tomorrow on 12:28 - Mar 18 by pencoedjack

You been watching the Swans for long ?

SInce 81 and I know what you're saying

But they have huge problems behind the scenes,this week they sacked some top director with a few others to follow and their main squad is decimated through injury..

So yeah even we cant screw this one up ...oh hang on though...it s the Swansea way innit...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

A tough game tomorrow on 12:36 - Mar 18 with 3179 viewspencoedjack

A tough game tomorrow on 12:34 - Mar 18 by Lord_Bony

SInce 81 and I know what you're saying

But they have huge problems behind the scenes,this week they sacked some top director with a few others to follow and their main squad is decimated through injury..

So yeah even we cant screw this one up ...oh hang on though...it s the Swansea way innit...

Exactly probably lose tomorrow then go and beat Stoke away you should know that as you been following as long as me
A tough game tomorrow on 12:38 - Mar 18 with 3168 viewsPegojack

Ash and FF (I'd prefer Amat) need to get a grip on Gestede. He's usually done well against us, and Villa have apparently being pumping high balls up to him lately. It would be good if we didn't give too many silly free kicks away around our box. And corners, it goes without saying.
A tough game tomorrow on 12:44 - Mar 18 with 3149 viewsLord_Bony

"Corners"..I cringe every time I hear it. I ve come to hate that word.

A tough game tomorrow on 12:58 - Mar 18 with 3101 viewskarnataka

Villa are the poorest Prem team by some margin but they are still a Prem team and don't need any encouragement to cause us problems. If we want it enough and play like we really need to beat them (which of course, we do), then we are definitely good enough to do so them but this game could be won or lost in our heads.
A tough game tomorrow on 13:13 - Mar 18 with 3048 viewssully49

A tough game tomorrow on 11:56 - Mar 18 by tomdickharry

Villa are a very poor side and unlike Sunderland do not have a top class striker like Defoe,having seen them on TV over the course of this season give away goals for fun,it would be nothing short of a disastrous result if we do not beat them.

This is our single biggest problem and has cost us far too many points this campaign. We are no longer a small Welsh provincial little team with the perfect set of ideals and values the envy of every other club, we cannot sustain this dogmatic ethos any longer, the elder statesmen will always recount our history and quite rightly too, but as a club its time sit down, look forward and really decide what does Swansea City plc 2017 want to become?
Are we content to become a mid table side never pushing for top spots and never getting envolved in this uncomfortable relegation dog fight, if so, then so be it. Or is PL status that vital for us? I know what I'd prefer to watch Brentford or Arsenal.
Without a big sustainable injection of outside capital we will always struggle to attract quality players in vital positions to ensure our continuation in the PL.
Has HJ luck run his course of pulling rabbits out of the hat, look at Paul Daniels RIP.
I can't say who will be our Manager next season but the clearing of dead wood within our squad will become secondary if we don't get a proven, quality goal scorer next season.
Onwards and upwards if my preferred option. As always IMHO.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2016 18:31]

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

A tough game tomorrow on 13:35 - Mar 18 with 2999 viewsPegojack

A tough game tomorrow on 13:13 - Mar 18 by sully49

This is our single biggest problem and has cost us far too many points this campaign. We are no longer a small Welsh provincial little team with the perfect set of ideals and values the envy of every other club, we cannot sustain this dogmatic ethos any longer, the elder statesmen will always recount our history and quite rightly too, but as a club its time sit down, look forward and really decide what does Swansea City plc 2017 want to become?
Are we content to become a mid table side never pushing for top spots and never getting envolved in this uncomfortable relegation dog fight, if so, then so be it. Or is PL status that vital for us? I know what I'd prefer to watch Brentford or Arsenal.
Without a big sustainable injection of outside capital we will always struggle to attract quality players in vital positions to ensure our continuation in the PL.
Has HJ luck run his course of pulling rabbits out of the hat, look at Paul Daniels RIP.
I can't say who will be our Manager next season but the clearing of dead wood within our squad will become secondary if we don't get a proven, quality goal scorer next season.
Onwards and upwards if my preferred option. As always IMHO.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2016 18:31]

If we stay up, we will get 'a big sustainable injection of outside capital ' - courtesy of that nice Mr. Murdoch.
A tough game tomorrow on 13:43 - Mar 18 with 2981 viewsJoe_bradshaw

A tough game tomorrow on 12:38 - Mar 18 by Pegojack

Ash and FF (I'd prefer Amat) need to get a grip on Gestede. He's usually done well against us, and Villa have apparently being pumping high balls up to him lately. It would be good if we didn't give too many silly free kicks away around our box. And corners, it goes without saying.

Ash had a heavily strapped calf at Bournemouth and his mobility was clearly compromised. I hope he's got over that now. He was our best defender though in spite of that.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

A tough game tomorrow on 14:59 - Mar 18 with 2875 viewsGlyn1

I'm not going to go overboard here, but the Swans to do the first double over a club this season and beat them 26 - 0.

If this is going to be a "tough game" for us then frankly we do not deserve to be in the Premier League, we should move aside and let a better Championship club take our place. We're playing at home against one of the worst Premier sides I've seen who are totally demoralised. When they get relegated, they'll be like Fulham and end up at the bottom of that Division because they won't even be a good Championship side.

Here are some statistics from a very depressed Villa fan forum.

Villa have not won away from home “since the first day of this awful season”.

Villa have lost their last four games against Swansea.

Villa have not beaten Swansea in their last six away games against them.

Villa last beat Swansea away from home in 1971 when both were in the old Division 3.

[And even Mark Lawrenson is backing us to win 2-0 - oh, hang on.]
[Post edited 18 Mar 2016 15:08]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

A tough game tomorrow on 15:46 - Mar 18 with 2812 viewssully49

A tough game tomorrow on 13:35 - Mar 18 by Pegojack

If we stay up, we will get 'a big sustainable injection of outside capital ' - courtesy of that nice Mr. Murdoch.

I agree with you HJ however, it's only a 1 off payment that is why I said we need a sustainable money, that will allow us to strengthen our squad.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

A tough game tomorrow on 15:56 - Mar 18 with 2779 viewslondonlisa2001

I completely agree with dgt - I'd settle for a goal bouncing in off Taylor's backside if it gives us the three points tomorrow. While I don't believe it's a 'must win' as I still think we'll get the points to stay up even if tomorrow goes wrong, I think that if we win it's over, particularly if Norwich don't win. So it's a one sided must win if you like.

Can't wait for this season to be over to be frank.
A tough game tomorrow on 16:05 - Mar 18 with 2759 views3swan

Of what I've seen of Villa they can play a bit but confidence is gone. As soon as things go against them they fold, but that still doesn't make it an easy game for us. We're not world beaters and the longer the game goes without us scoring the nerves will set in both on and off the pitch.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024