Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garry Monk...... 22:40 - Mar 25 with 19577 viewssully49

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/7025773/Aston-Villa-consider
He should do well in the Championship, I hope he gets it.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Garry Monk...... on 23:03 - Mar 25 with 8421 viewsSwanseaTID

Feel sorry for Remi Garde, could well be a good manager for all we know, been a sinking ship ever since he took that job.
Garry Monk...... on 04:20 - Mar 26 with 8222 viewsStarsky

Garry Monk...... on 23:03 - Mar 25 by SwanseaTID

Feel sorry for Remi Garde, could well be a good manager for all we know, been a sinking ship ever since he took that job.

Grade doesn't look very inspirational on the touch line, or talking to the media

It's just the internet, init.

Garry Monk...... on 06:14 - Mar 26 with 8189 viewsItchySphincter

Garry Monk...... on 04:20 - Mar 26 by Starsky

Grade doesn't look very inspirational on the touch line, or talking to the media

Wrong man at the wrong time but I have a feeling he has something about him.

If the Monk thing is true I hope he has the courage of his convictions and backs himself to sort them out. Unfortunate that mistakes he will have learned from were made here.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Garry Monk...... on 07:38 - Mar 26 with 8088 viewsKilkennyjack

Garry Monk...... on 06:14 - Mar 26 by ItchySphincter

If the Monk thing is true I hope he has the courage of his convictions and backs himself to sort them out. Unfortunate that mistakes he will have learned from were made here.

Wonder what the Villa fans will make of the KOL pre match warm ups. My God.

Beware of the Risen People

Garry Monk...... on 08:58 - Mar 26 with 7955 viewsLoyal

Monk will be so found out if he gets this job I doubt he will make it until Chrsitmas.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Garry Monk...... on 09:11 - Mar 26 with 7918 viewsBorojack

Garry Monk...... on 06:14 - Mar 26 by ItchySphincter

Have they got any international centre backs he can drop.
Our Kyle could do with a game

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Garry Monk...... on 09:55 - Mar 26 with 7806 viewsWarwickHunt

Garry Monk...... on 09:11 - Mar 26 by Borojack

Have they got any international centre backs he can drop.
Our Kyle could do with a game

Sell him Naughton and Bartley and buy Wilf back.
Garry Monk...... on 10:14 - Mar 26 with 7747 viewsdougie

Garry Monk...... on 09:55 - Mar 26 by WarwickHunt

The proceeds from those 2 wouldn't buy wilfs left ear lobe
Login to get fewer ads

Garry Monk...... on 10:15 - Mar 26 with 7744 viewsLord_Bony

Garry Monk...... on 08:58 - Mar 26 by Loyal

Monk will be so found out if he gets this job I doubt he will make it until Chrsitmas.

I think they want him as a player manager could do a job for them. Can't be any worse haha

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Garry Monk...... on 10:19 - Mar 26 with 7724 viewsClinton

His experience is similar to Sherwood's; no lower league experience and despite some promise, ultimately can't quite cut it. Surely they learned the lesson there?

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Garry Monk...... on 10:34 - Mar 26 with 7679 viewsMagic_Michu

He got so found out with us when he tried to implement any of his own ideas to the team.

He will be gone by Christmas if he goes there.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Garry Monk...... on 10:59 - Mar 26 with 7613 viewsStarsky

Garry Monk...... on 09:55 - Mar 26 by WarwickHunt

I hold my hands up Phil, You were right all along.
After taking over from Laudrup and his first full season I regarded that as a success and let's face it, it was.
Then when things started going wrong early in the season, I still thought it was a good appointment and that he should be given the chance to turn it around etc.
Now, all I see of GM is that he was a stubborn man who surrounded himself with questionable assistants.
Ironically he would show the new signings the Swansea City videos to show them the Swansea City that came back from the dead. Unfortunately he was slowly undoing everything that we'd built up on the playing field, with the likes of Clotet at the expense of Curtis, who was being pushed away.
HJ offered GM the chance of better assistants but his ego and stubbornness ultimately cost him his job by refusing that help.
He gets no sympathy from me, he already thought he knew it all.
KOL on the bench and Curt in the stands?
Feck him.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2016 11:01]

It's just the internet, init.

Garry Monk...... on 11:03 - Mar 26 with 7589 viewsDewi1jack

Garry Monk...... on 10:14 - Mar 26 by dougie

You're right.
The board are going to use the proceeds to buy all the half time flyer tickets and win the wedge for Will

If you thought Villa were bad now, just watch them with Beatup and KO' fuggin L teaching them

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Garry Monk...... on 11:32 - Mar 26 with 7527 viewsWingstandwood

Aston Villa previous European Cup winners and a very prestigious club to be associated with. How many years has it spent outside the top division? So why the f#ck does a club of that standing need to employ an inexperienced egotistical failure with a sense of entitlement bigger than the size of Birmingham itself?

If Monk could ruin the golden SCFC legacy that was handed to him on a plate how the f#ck could he possibly ever re-build a club that is desperately struggling and needs major root-n-branch' change(s)?

Argus!

Garry Monk...... on 11:42 - Mar 26 with 7496 viewsjasper_T

Garry Monk...... on 10:14 - Mar 26 by dougie

Garry would definitely pay £5m for each.
Garry Monk...... on 11:46 - Mar 26 with 7483 viewsBorojack

Garry Monk...... on 10:59 - Mar 26 by Starsky

I hold my hands up Phil, You were right all along.
After taking over from Laudrup and his first full season I regarded that as a success and let's face it, it was.
Then when things started going wrong early in the season, I still thought it was a good appointment and that he should be given the chance to turn it around etc.
Now, all I see of GM is that he was a stubborn man who surrounded himself with questionable assistants.
Ironically he would show the new signings the Swansea City videos to show them the Swansea City that came back from the dead. Unfortunately he was slowly undoing everything that we'd built up on the playing field, with the likes of Clotet at the expense of Curtis, who was being pushed away.
HJ offered GM the chance of better assistants but his ego and stubbornness ultimately cost him his job by refusing that help.
He gets no sympathy from me, he already thought he knew it all.
KOL on the bench and Curt in the stands?
Feck him.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2016 11:01]

Good post he had a nice big pay off and I think his ego thought he would walk into another job.
Wish him well but his stubborn pig headed attitude contributed to a very poor season that could have been so much better.
If he had taken the help offered feck him

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Garry Monk...... on 11:50 - Mar 26 with 7462 viewsWingstandwood

Garry Monk...... on 11:42 - Mar 26 by jasper_T

I hope so? I question whether Garry Monk has the right 'contacts' to facilitate the signing of potential transfer market recruits and I question the 'pulling-power' of his name?......I wonder if Aston Villa, its chairman/board and supporters do also?

Argus!

Garry Monk...... on 12:14 - Mar 26 with 7399 viewsWarwickHunt

Garry Monk...... on 11:42 - Mar 26 by jasper_T

He already has for Naughton. Bonkers mental.
Garry Monk...... on 12:16 - Mar 26 with 7393 viewsairedale

Be a good club for our youngsters to be lent to. Our PL neighbours.
Garry Monk...... on 14:28 - Mar 26 with 7227 viewsDrizzy

Yawn.

This thread, predictably, is littered with the same revisionist nonsense about Monk as every other.

Highest Premier League season points total in our history.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Garry Monk...... on 15:27 - Mar 26 with 7157 viewskarnataka

Garry Monk...... on 12:14 - Mar 26 by WarwickHunt

He already has for Naughton. Bonkers mental.

Silly me, I understand now, he meant £5 million each for Bartley & Naughton whereas I thought he meant he would pay £5 million for each of Wilf's earlobes. D'oh
Garry Monk...... on 15:29 - Mar 26 with 7146 viewsDarran

Garry Monk...... on 14:28 - Mar 26 by Drizzy

Yawn.

This thread, predictably, is littered with the same revisionist nonsense about Monk as every other.

I agree.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Garry Monk...... on 15:36 - Mar 26 with 7118 viewsdobjack2

Yawn.

Highest premier league points total - correct

When things went wrong a manager and management team that didn't know how to put it right - sadly also correct.
Garry Monk...... on 15:44 - Mar 26 with 7082 viewsDarran

Garry Monk...... on 15:36 - Mar 26 by dobjack2

Highest premier league points total - correct

When things went wrong a manager and management team that didn't know how to put it right - sadly also correct.

Absolutely though it happens.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Garry Monk...... on 15:45 - Mar 26 with 7089 viewsjack247

Yawn.

Yes, but that was before he took us back five years in half a season.

He is gone, I'm glad. If Villa want him, good luck to him there. Seemed a nice guy and worked his nuts off for the club. Was out of his depth though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024