Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any Ground 23:01 - Sep 11 with 8973 viewsBoston

...you've never been to but would really like to visit? Me, there's two or three but for some reason which I can't fathom, at the top of the list would be Pittodrie.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Any Ground on 09:14 - Sep 12 with 5574 viewsDWQPR

Visiting either of the Dundee grounds would intrigue me given that they are on the other side of Tannadice Street to each other.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Any Ground on 09:38 - Sep 12 with 5549 viewsthompsonridd

Any Ground on 09:14 - Sep 12 by DWQPR

Visiting either of the Dundee grounds would intrigue me given that they are on the other side of Tannadice Street to each other.

Anfield for me on a European night
Any Ground on 09:45 - Sep 12 with 5536 viewsJeff

Any Ground on 09:38 - Sep 12 by thompsonridd

Anfield for me on a European night

Anfield for me is/was by far the most disappointing ground / 'Experience' i've had following QPR in recent times.

Now i get that it was 'only' Liverpool vs QPR, and that we're nothing to them on the grand scheme of things, and that if Man Utd or Everton were in town it may have been different...

But the atmosphere from Liverpool was non-existent. The famous kop in full voice? not a bit of it. It was Jamie Caragher's last game FFS, and QPR showed him more respect and were more vocal towards him than 40,000 (mostly Scandinavian...) Liverpool fans.

Can we not knock it?

Any Ground on 10:02 - Sep 12 with 5517 viewsLadbrokeR

I like HQ when its rocking. Oldham semi final etc etc.
Any Ground on 10:19 - Sep 12 with 5493 viewsLongsufferingR

Twickenham.

From TV it looks like it could be pretty amazing being there in a full house. I'm sure loads of you have been there and can confirm.
Any Ground on 10:24 - Sep 12 with 5482 viewsstevec

Brighton on a Saturday afternoon
Any Ground on 10:30 - Sep 12 with 5470 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Any Ground on 09:14 - Sep 12 by DWQPR

You clearly did not attend the friendly at Dens Park in the late 80s. For if you did, I suspect your wish would be different :-)

I have been fortunate enough to go to some big sporting arenas in my time and sadly, some have really disappointed. That said, Boca Juniors was everything I thought it would be.

But the poster who called HQ the night of the Oldham game, put a good shout in with that one. I and you maybe biased on this, but when HQ is rocking, it takes some beating in my experience.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Any Ground on 10:45 - Sep 12 with 5439 viewsDorse

Stamford Bridge, mainly so I could take a dump in John Terry's locker. Preferably after 14 pints of Guiness and a Chicken Phaal the night before.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

Any Ground on 13:07 - Sep 12 with 5325 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Not football, but seeing a Boxing Day Ashes test at the MCG is on my bucket list.
Any Ground on 13:37 - Sep 12 with 5265 viewsCamberleyR

The Estadio do Bessa in Porto just to see if the ground does generate the type of atmosphere it should do given it's design.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Any Ground on 13:57 - Sep 12 with 5230 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The only one on my list would be a cricket tour of West Indies.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Any Ground on 14:09 - Sep 12 with 5207 viewsstowmarketrange

Any Ground on 10:19 - Sep 12 by LongsufferingR

Twickenham.

From TV it looks like it could be pretty amazing being there in a full house. I'm sure loads of you have been there and can confirm.

I was there a couple of years ago for the England v France finale and it was a great atmosphere.I only wish I was sober enough to enjoy it but after numerous pints of the black stuff,the evening was a bit of a blur.
I remember that a lot of points were scored and we narrowly lost the title.
The funniest part for me was trying to squeeze onto an already packed train full of French fans and trying to converse with them in my very very basic French.It was about 2-3 weeks after the scum wouldn't let the black fellow on the Paris metro,but it was all very good natured that day.
You can't really compare the atmosphere between rugby and football but the amount drunk by fans at rugby dwarfs what us football fans normally drink,and the fans mix ok without the aggro you sometimes get with football.
Any Ground on 14:41 - Sep 12 with 5159 viewsBoston

Any Ground on 10:02 - Sep 12 by LadbrokeR

I like HQ when its rocking. Oldham semi final etc etc.

Sorry, marked you down, at work, fingers covered in mucky stuff.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Any Ground on 14:50 - Sep 12 with 5143 viewsMrSheen

Not sure if this qualifies, but did you see that there was a college football game in Tennessee this weekend played inside a NASCAR oval? 156,000 attendance. Apparently the sight lines were terrible but the tailgating was epic. I'd love to go to a big college rivalry game (at a proper stadium)...Alabama-LSU, Michigan-Ohio, Texas-Oklahoma.

Sorry, Boston would certainly have seen it.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2016 14:51]
Any Ground on 14:59 - Sep 12 with 5116 viewsGuppy22

Any Ground on 10:19 - Sep 12 by LongsufferingR

Twickenham.

I've played there in a vase final and it was amazing and terrifying at the same time. El Classico wouldn't be a bad game to go to either of the stadiums would be nice to visit
Any Ground on 15:06 - Sep 12 with 5102 viewsFredManRave

Any Ground on 14:41 - Sep 12 by Boston

Sorry, marked you down, at work, fingers covered in mucky stuff.

Do you work in the adult entertainement industry?!

The London stadium. Just to see/hear how good, bad or indifferent it really is.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Any Ground on 15:42 - Sep 12 with 5036 viewskensalriser

New Queen's Park.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Any Ground on 15:44 - Sep 12 with 5031 viewsHendonHoop

For Football it would be St. James Park Newcastle Utd as it looks great as well as the atmosephere and for Non - Football sports it would be Goodwood Racecourse.
Any Ground on 15:47 - Sep 12 with 5026 viewsDannyPaddox

Always fancied Nanpean Rovers Victoria Bottoms' ground. There's something very 'bag of glue and a transistor radio' about the away stand.

Any Ground on 15:50 - Sep 12 with 5016 viewsLongsufferingR

Any Ground on 15:44 - Sep 12 by HendonHoop

For Football it would be St. James Park Newcastle Utd as it looks great as well as the atmosephere and for Non - Football sports it would be Goodwood Racecourse.

Goodwood is absolutely a must. Used to go every summer for one day of the Glorious meeting. Couldn't possible have a more beautiful setting for a racecourse. Also much more civilised than the Ascot or Epsom hen party nonsense.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2016 15:55]
Any Ground on 18:59 - Sep 12 with 4878 viewsichbinnaughty

Football - for some reason Goodison really appeals. Something about it (and Everton). Proper old English football ground. No pretensions. A bit like Hillsborough maybe.

Boxing - York Hall (never been), and Madison Square Gardens
Any Ground on 20:33 - Sep 12 with 4807 viewswestberksr

Any Ground on 15:50 - Sep 12 by LongsufferingR

Goodwood is absolutely a must. Used to go every summer for one day of the Glorious meeting. Couldn't possible have a more beautiful setting for a racecourse. Also much more civilised than the Ascot or Epsom hen party nonsense.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2016 15:55]

Totally agree, lovely place to be

For footy I fancy Borussia Dortmund or River Plate/ Boca Juniors
[Post edited 12 Sep 2016 20:35]
Any Ground on 23:20 - Sep 12 with 4691 viewsrrrspricey

Any Ground on 15:44 - Sep 12 by HendonHoop

St James' Park is over rated imo, miles from the pitch and we were singing "where's your famous atmosphere" last time I was there.
Any Ground on 06:57 - Sep 13 with 4648 viewsqprjeff1882

El classico and the Belgrade derby Red star v Partizan. Celtic v Rangers too. A few Italian grounds too.
Any Ground on 09:51 - Sep 13 with 4593 viewsaston_hoop

This place

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024