Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
golf, the masters 23:41 - Apr 2 with 7529 viewsbob566

One of the greatest sporting events of the year. Who's your money on?
golf, the masters on 09:24 - Apr 3 with 4691 viewskingsburyR

Can't see past Dustin Johnson.

In great form and has a good record at Augusta.

I'll look further down the field for value but no one stands out.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

golf, the masters on 09:59 - Apr 3 with 4673 viewsrobith

Kevin KIsner - I don't know much about golf, but checked all the trends and he hit all of them at at 100/1 with skybet paying 8 places, worth a dabble I thought.

Also put him in an e/w double with Pendra for the Grand National
golf, the masters on 10:17 - Apr 3 with 4651 viewsbob566

Johnson is in fine form for sure. no price at probably 7 or 8-1.

Kisner is an interesting bet. A very steady player.

If Henley can bring the putter he had at the shell Houston on the weekend he could feature. Think he set a pga tour record for the most number of feet made putting over four rounds.
golf, the masters on 10:32 - Apr 3 with 4638 viewsElHoop

golf, the masters on 10:17 - Apr 3 by bob566

Johnson is in fine form for sure. no price at probably 7 or 8-1.

Kisner is an interesting bet. A very steady player.

If Henley can bring the putter he had at the shell Houston on the weekend he could feature. Think he set a pga tour record for the most number of feet made putting over four rounds.

I back Kang and Henley for the Houston thing - so that went very well as I laid off Kang and hoped that Henley would catch him and he did. Not sure that I've got much luck left though as I've had a good few weeks.

Still, it's got to be done. Will wait and see the weather and tee times before having a bet. Looks as if it'll be wet up unti Thursday and then it dries out over the weekend. It looks fairly windy on Thursday and Friday but whether it'll vary during the day it's too early to say, but it does make a difference if you play when the wind is up and then it drops or whatever varying scenario it is.

Spieth's three outings in this are 2-1-2 and he could have won them all. Amazing record over a course which favours the experienced quality players as they play it every year and get to know it better. It's the only major played over the same course every year so the older players do tend to have an advantage. Past winners get in every year so there's not much room for half-decent types who could someday win an Open but who won't always even qualify here, so that type just doesn't get much experience of the course either. For that reason it's not my favourite golf event, but it is a beautiful spectacle.

I'll probably end up backing Spieth unless the weather/tee time is against him, and I do like Koepka. Rahm I like a lot but I think that he's a rookie so maybe not this time. Hatton might be the best of the British at a decent price - I like him too.
(No subject) (n/t) on 11:29 - Apr 3 with 4595 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

golf, the masters on 12:24 - Apr 3 with 4544 viewsessextaxiboy

I would like to see Ricky Fowler win it .

I have always liked him since he started as a kid , big wide stance stands up there and smacks it , bit of an extrovert which I like.

Great in Eastenders too

[Post edited 3 Apr 2017 12:26]
golf, the masters on 15:21 - Apr 3 with 4454 viewsDevon_4_England

Adam Scott and Paul Casey EW
golf, the masters on 15:28 - Apr 3 with 4442 viewsMick_S

Is Danny Willett no good anymore? 100-1.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Login to get fewer ads

golf, the masters on 17:25 - Apr 3 with 4389 viewsstuabd

Like others, it's hard to not think that DJ will be right in the thick of it come Sunday. The way he's driving it he can hit fairway woods off the tee on the par 5s and still reach them in two.

I'm going for Rose. Steady player and has had some good rounds there.
golf, the masters on 17:41 - Apr 3 with 4378 viewsOllie23

Westwood hasn't been playing well lately but past form at Augusta suggests he might be worth an EW

McIlroy's game suits the course more than any other of the top players. Hopefully just a matter of time before he wins it
(No subject) (n/t) on 22:19 - Apr 3 with 4279 viewsrobith

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:29 - Apr 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Sage words Brian
(No subject) (n/t) on 22:22 - Apr 3 with 4277 viewsBrianMcCarthy

(No subject) (n/t) on 22:19 - Apr 3 by robith

Sage words Brian

Ha! Don't know what happened there.

If I remember rightly my post was musing about McIlroy and whether or not I would be supporting him after that round of golf he played recently with Trump, the answer to which I won't know until it all heats up, I suppose.

One way or the other, though, I hope it's a European winner.

golf, the masters on 08:21 - Apr 4 with 4221 viewskingsburyR

Dustin Johnson - Win only

Tommy Fleetwood (80/1) and Brooks Koekpa (66/1) e/w

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

golf, the masters on 08:17 - Apr 5 with 4133 viewsElHoop

OK the tee times are out:
http://www.masters.com/en_US/players/pairings/index.html?promo=espn

Thursday weather forecast at the moment indicates calmest conditions being early doors and gradually getting windier with the afternoon being pretty gusty. Against that it'll be a wet course when they start Thursday. Spieth is one of the few big guns to go out early so that probably favours him as he's not ultra-early so it might have dried out a bit without being too windy. He might get the best of it. Anyhow at the moment I'm going:

Spieth
Matsuyama
Ooosthuizen
Koepka
Henley

Henley for first round leader as well, as he goes out first in a two-ball (the rest go out in threes) and he might be able to bomb round before the wind gets up.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2017 8:17]
golf, the masters on 09:19 - Apr 5 with 4103 viewshubble

Decent article on some of the runners and riders: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/apr/02/masters-2017-contenders-dustin-joh

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

golf, the masters on 10:05 - Apr 5 with 4092 viewsBrianMcCarthy

golf, the masters on 09:19 - Apr 5 by hubble

Decent article on some of the runners and riders: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/apr/02/masters-2017-contenders-dustin-joh

Good read, that. Thanks Hubble. I didn't know that Jason Day's Mother was seriously ill and that he may not take part at all.

It also led me on to this article about McIlroy changing his woods only two days before the tournament. This latest upheaval mightn't be of his making but, like his compatriot Harrington, there always seems to be some flux with him.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/apr/04/rory-mcilroy-change-woods-masters-

golf, the masters on 10:34 - Apr 5 with 4082 viewsElHoop

golf, the masters on 10:05 - Apr 5 by BrianMcCarthy

Good read, that. Thanks Hubble. I didn't know that Jason Day's Mother was seriously ill and that he may not take part at all.

It also led me on to this article about McIlroy changing his woods only two days before the tournament. This latest upheaval mightn't be of his making but, like his compatriot Harrington, there always seems to be some flux with him.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/apr/04/rory-mcilroy-change-woods-masters-

Yeah you're right - Rory farts about a bit too much. He makes a lot of money though!

He's getting married after this as well, which might be another distraction. And he's been injured. I''m laying him a bit at 1.16 to miss the cut - it's not a nice bet really though - sitting there watching hoping that he fecks up. Mind you I've got enough bets to worry about without that one.

Very sad about Day's mother. He's not always in great health himself, one way or another, so I could see him missing this.
golf, the masters on 12:50 - Apr 5 with 4041 viewskomradkirk

Rory for me.
My traditonal bet in a Major and i refuse to be diverted.
golf, the masters on 13:58 - Apr 5 with 3992 viewsaston_hoop

Would like to see Jon Rahm feature, nice article about his rise here

http://www.golf.com/tour-news/2017/04/03/jon-rahm-has-length-touch-imagination-c

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

golf, the masters on 15:11 - Apr 5 with 3938 viewsAgedR

Stenson has excellent majors form and looks e/w value at around 33/1

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

golf, the masters on 15:51 - Apr 5 with 3923 viewsElHoop

golf, the masters on 13:58 - Apr 5 by aston_hoop

Would like to see Jon Rahm feature, nice article about his rise here

http://www.golf.com/tour-news/2017/04/03/jon-rahm-has-length-touch-imagination-c

Rahm is an absolute f*cking monster. He could pick up Sevvy and carry him in his bag. Possibly the strongest looking golfer I've ever seen.
golf, the masters on 16:14 - Apr 5 with 3910 viewsbob566

golf, the masters on 15:51 - Apr 5 by ElHoop

Rahm is an absolute f*cking monster. He could pick up Sevvy and carry him in his bag. Possibly the strongest looking golfer I've ever seen.

that's golfers for you now. Pure athletes. McIlroy is a tiny guy yet is upper top half is pumped to the max. The par 4s keep getting extended all the time. A lot of the courses the holes that are par5s to members are 4s to pros. Think I saw a par 4 on sky this year that was 525 yards.
golf, the masters on 16:28 - Apr 5 with 3899 viewsElHoop

golf, the masters on 16:14 - Apr 5 by bob566

that's golfers for you now. Pure athletes. McIlroy is a tiny guy yet is upper top half is pumped to the max. The par 4s keep getting extended all the time. A lot of the courses the holes that are par5s to members are 4s to pros. Think I saw a par 4 on sky this year that was 525 yards.

His strength means tha the can get that length without a full swing, so there's less stuff that can go wrong with the swing. If he stays free of injury then he'll surely win a few majors.
golf, the masters on 03:25 - Apr 6 with 3829 viewsFredManRave

golf, the masters on 09:24 - Apr 3 by kingsburyR

Can't see past Dustin Johnson.

In great form and has a good record at Augusta.

I'll look further down the field for value but no one stands out.

And now has a bad back due to a fall. Still, going to play, hopefully but don't see how this can not have an adverse effect on his tournament. No idea at this stage what has happened to his odds. Obviosuly find out more tomorrow.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/golf/39510391

In true LFW's form I'm going Lefty on this one.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2017 3:26]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

golf, the masters on 07:27 - Apr 6 with 3803 viewsElHoop

Johnson falling down the stairs isn't actually the greatest of surprises given some of his previous indiscretions. Of course he may have actually just fallen down the stairs and hurt himself, but you can't help but wonder.

I would never back him and he will win sometimes but that's fine, let him win, but he's possibly got a small sized head for a top sportsman and he does the odd stupid thing like forgetting that sand by the side of the fairway is actually a bunker, so you always wonder whether the pressure will get to him again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024