Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kyle Naughton 19:24 - May 13 with 5848 viewsJackanapes

I don't have enough words for most of you. Who has the courage to speak?

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Kyle Naughton on 19:27 - May 13 with 4925 viewsexiledclaseboy

Where the f*ck that goal came from today I doubt even he knows. I like him. Much maligned, often unfairly.

Poll: Tory leader

Kyle Naughton on 19:29 - May 13 with 4885 viewsDr_Winston

Kyle Naughton on 19:27 - May 13 by exiledclaseboy

Where the f*ck that goal came from today I doubt even he knows. I like him. Much maligned, often unfairly.

Couldn't agree more.

Easy target sometimes, but there's always been ability there.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Kyle Naughton on 19:29 - May 13 with 4881 viewsOldjack

About time he bloody tapped one in ,one hell of a tap it was too

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Kyle Naughton on 19:30 - May 13 with 4871 viewsJackanapes

Kyle has potential. Lulz.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Kyle Naughton on 19:31 - May 13 with 4855 viewsJack123

Kyle Naughton on 19:29 - May 13 by Oldjack

About time he bloody tapped one in ,one hell of a tap it was too

Beautiful goal, was lovely movement beforehand as well..

libera nos a malo

Kyle Naughton on 19:33 - May 13 with 4822 viewsicecoldjack

Thrilled for him, gets loads of undeserved grief which IMO knocks his confidence a touch, played another great game today.

Really really hope he grows as a player now, the amount of players celebrating with him tells me how much respect he has from his fellow pro's
Awesome strike, well done Kyle !!
Kyle Naughton on 19:34 - May 13 with 4803 viewsKulusBeatFactory

was sorely missed during his absence

the new Angel, in so many ways - fortunately he's had some excellent coaching and encouragement
Kyle Naughton on 19:35 - May 13 with 4799 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

He's been dreadful all season , apart from the last 4 weeks .

Seems Clement has finally got into his head.

Keep it up Kyle.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Login to get fewer ads

Kyle Naughton on 19:44 - May 13 with 4701 viewsTheKirkyLife

Decent player for the squad. The ultimate bench player who can come on as a LB or RB. Needs upgrading on in the window though.

This is coming from someone who thought he was our best player overall pre-Christmas.
Kyle Naughton on 19:48 - May 13 with 4666 viewsowainglyndwr

Funny really I said in the pub that he has played well the last few games.
I was one that got very festrated with him but fair play.
I hold my hand up.
Kyle Naughton on 20:07 - May 13 with 4550 viewsacejack3065

I give him grief most weeks.

Kyle, I'm sorry. I owe you a drink, you jack bastard.
Kyle Naughton on 22:22 - May 13 with 4265 viewsNirvana

Naughton had a good game today and has looked much better under Clement, fair play. I hope he continues it against West Brom.

But he's been here three seasons and has never been consistent, and is really only a starter because our club legend RB is 34 years old. He's been living off his talent and potential for awhile now. He's 28, by the way.

Based on his performance the past several weeks I think he could be an excellent backup LB/RB like Kirky said, and he could fill Routledge's role on the wing in a pinch.

The reality, though, is he's been a major liability most of the season. He panics mentally far too much, and his feel for the game has never evolved to the PL.

Simply put, he's not an attacking or defensive fullback, and you really need to be one or the other. Preferably both, obviously. Full back is an incredibly important position in today's game and we need better, consistently.
Kyle Naughton on 22:25 - May 13 with 4239 viewsperchrockjack

He s been weak most of the season but if late has been good, today excellent .got kicked to shite and was unbothered

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Kyle Naughton on 22:27 - May 13 with 4223 viewsmax936

Absofukinglutley played very well today, suffers from a lack of confidence for me but when he's on it, he's pretty good in all fairness.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Kyle Naughton on 22:29 - May 13 with 4200 viewsZZoric

Kyle Naughton on 22:22 - May 13 by Nirvana

Naughton had a good game today and has looked much better under Clement, fair play. I hope he continues it against West Brom.

But he's been here three seasons and has never been consistent, and is really only a starter because our club legend RB is 34 years old. He's been living off his talent and potential for awhile now. He's 28, by the way.

Based on his performance the past several weeks I think he could be an excellent backup LB/RB like Kirky said, and he could fill Routledge's role on the wing in a pinch.

The reality, though, is he's been a major liability most of the season. He panics mentally far too much, and his feel for the game has never evolved to the PL.

Simply put, he's not an attacking or defensive fullback, and you really need to be one or the other. Preferably both, obviously. Full back is an incredibly important position in today's game and we need better, consistently.

So, at a pinch - who would you target ahead of KN ?

An Olsson equivalent for sure - but who is that >
Kyle Naughton on 22:31 - May 13 with 4191 viewsdickythorpe

Confidence. That's what pro sport and sportsmen need.

At this level and in our case we have started "going for it" at exactly the right time.

DON'T DIE WONDERING.

GO FOR IT, AT LEAST YOU GAVE IT A CRACK!!!
Kyle Naughton on 22:48 - May 13 with 4133 viewsNirvana

Kyle Naughton on 22:29 - May 13 by ZZoric

So, at a pinch - who would you target ahead of KN ?

An Olsson equivalent for sure - but who is that >

Correct, ZZoric.

I said it on the Arbeloa thread the other day:

"We need a pacy, attacking right back like Olsson is on the left, only five years younger. The answer here for me would be Capa from Eibar. He would probably cost £5m or less, Jenkins' favorite number, and maybe we can work out a player swap. Borja returns to Eibar, we get Capa + £5m?"

Just to add a bit, he's got great pace and never gets tired, great ball skills and left foot, and is a consistently impressive crosser. He's not as good defensively as he is attacking, but I'd say he's on par with Naughton, at least. And he just turned 25, same age Naughton was when we signed him. I think he's the perfect RB for us, and he is definitely within our price range.
Kyle Naughton on 23:05 - May 13 with 4037 viewsmax936

Massive up for Ki as well be very good the last few games in fairness, sublime pass to Naughton for his goal.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Kyle Naughton on 23:22 - May 13 with 3974 viewsjackrabbit

Kyle Naughton on 19:31 - May 13 by Jack123

Beautiful goal, was lovely movement beforehand as well..

One thing I"d like to add is some praise to Ki Seung Yeung today - a much maligned player on this board and other Swans boards. But today he slid through a perfectly angled and perfectly weighted pass inside the fullback which Naughton latched onto without breaking pace. It was out of the top drawer, and was converted in equally exquisite fashion by Kyle. It wasn't a particularly difficult pass to make but it's not a pass that we see often enough. It is the sort of pass that Ki is adept at, and that's why I have always liked him. At his best he's an excellent creative midfielder. I'm glad that Clement seems to share my view.
Kyle Naughton on 23:29 - May 13 with 3934 viewsZZoric

Kyle Naughton on 22:48 - May 13 by Nirvana

Correct, ZZoric.

I said it on the Arbeloa thread the other day:

"We need a pacy, attacking right back like Olsson is on the left, only five years younger. The answer here for me would be Capa from Eibar. He would probably cost £5m or less, Jenkins' favorite number, and maybe we can work out a player swap. Borja returns to Eibar, we get Capa + £5m?"

Just to add a bit, he's got great pace and never gets tired, great ball skills and left foot, and is a consistently impressive crosser. He's not as good defensively as he is attacking, but I'd say he's on par with Naughton, at least. And he just turned 25, same age Naughton was when we signed him. I think he's the perfect RB for us, and he is definitely within our price range.

Eibar - not a great transfer record from there hey. (and btw is a complete shite hole of a place, a merthyr of Nthn Spain)

Capa - any better than KN post PC coaching?
Kyle Naughton on 23:44 - May 13 with 3859 viewsNirvana

Kyle Naughton on 23:29 - May 13 by ZZoric

Eibar - not a great transfer record from there hey. (and btw is a complete shite hole of a place, a merthyr of Nthn Spain)

Correct on those, ZZoric.

Borja has been an abject failure, absolutely no other way to describe it, and Eibar is a pretty desolate place for sure. That alone probably brought Borja here, and maybe Capa too.

But that "transfer record" is just Borja, and truthfully, he hasn't been given the opportunities a record signing should have gotten. Not an excuse, just reality.

And yes, of course, I think Capa is better than Naughton, and he gives us so much of what we lack at the moment. Two completely different players and skillsets, but Capa is the younger, better option and we should look to bring him in.
Kyle Naughton on 02:58 - May 14 with 3611 viewsLoyal

Something tells me he is at last being coached right.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Kyle Naughton on 04:41 - May 14 with 3545 viewsEasternJack

Kyle Naughton on 02:58 - May 14 by Loyal

Something tells me he is at last being coached right.

I've been one of his biggest critics. Fair play - he's been much bettter recently and that goal yesterday was huge for us.

Happy to be proven wrong

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Kyle Naughton on 06:24 - May 14 with 3451 viewsbarry_island

I thought he was outstanding last week and the strike yesterday couldn't have been hit better.

We need a song for him such as "You're our scapegoat in disguise"...

Definite confidence player, let's give him that confidence. Even a few choruses of YJB when he takes a throw in won't go amiss.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Kyle Naughton on 12:41 - May 14 with 3095 viewsjackrabbit

Kyle Naughton on 23:29 - May 13 by ZZoric

Disgraceful slur on my home town of Merthyr. A town of great humour that has produced some extremely talented people. Yes it has seen better days with the demise of traditional industries and the loss of the Hoover factory amongst others, but for all its faults I'd feel safer having a drink in one of its pubs than in some parts of Swansea. People in glass houses...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024