Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! 22:26 - May 26 with 7012 viewsThornburyswan

From looking at the bookies odds tonight!
Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 22:32 - May 26 with 5358 views34dfgdf54

Loads from Merseyside lumping on him. Apparently contact was made after the game against County and personal terms discussed today. From an employee at Tranmere.

Edit - Not saying source is reliable, just explains why people have started chucking cash on all of a sudden.
[Post edited 26 May 2019 22:57]
Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 23:15 - May 26 with 5219 viewsmonmouth

It feels sort of appropriate that we should draw a line under our management from 2014 to date by appointing a MelloN, if there’s no Plumb available.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 23:24 - May 26 with 5190 viewsjruss1

He's done a great job at Tranmere but unsure on this. What type of football does he play?
Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 01:28 - May 27 with 5039 viewsAngelRangelQS

Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 23:24 - May 26 by jruss1

He's done a great job at Tranmere but unsure on this. What type of football does he play?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/footballbh.net/2019/05/25/micky-mellon-tranmere-r
Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 01:50 - May 27 with 5025 viewsjruss1

Thank you.

I guess we could do a lot worse. Norwood was linked to us on the broadcast Saturday. Co-incidence?
Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 06:37 - May 27 with 4933 viewsThornburyswan

Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 22:32 - May 26 by 34dfgdf54

Loads from Merseyside lumping on him. Apparently contact was made after the game against County and personal terms discussed today. From an employee at Tranmere.

Edit - Not saying source is reliable, just explains why people have started chucking cash on all of a sudden.
[Post edited 26 May 2019 22:57]

Thanks Risca that would explain it, suspect if true we'd be a tad underwhelmed, as I guess would be the players at least initially.
Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 07:33 - May 27 with 4856 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 01:28 - May 27 by AngelRangelQS

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/footballbh.net/2019/05/25/micky-mellon-tranmere-r

That sounds a bit less scary than I was expecting. There’s on thing certain, Mellon would sort out our set price defending. Would Norwood cut it at this level though? At 28 he’s the right age.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 07:47 - May 27 with 4833 viewsblackpooljack

Christ how as it come to this. In 2012 we had the legendary M. Laudrup in charge whilst our potential new manager was cutting his teeth 6 rungs down the league ladder combining his time coaching under 15's at Burnley. Jenkins you B*stard
Login to get fewer ads

Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 08:04 - May 27 with 4798 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 07:47 - May 27 by blackpooljack

Christ how as it come to this. In 2012 we had the legendary M. Laudrup in charge whilst our potential new manager was cutting his teeth 6 rungs down the league ladder combining his time coaching under 15's at Burnley. Jenkins you B*stard

Yep. Can’t fault any of that. Laudrup is out of work though. Let’s get him back. Tutu could offload the Ayews and Baston and with the Dan James money could get us some cheap continental gems and a few loans to smash the league

Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 11:57 - May 27 with 4394 viewstheloneranger

Mellon now 8/5F from 12/1

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 12:18 - May 27 with 4318 viewsThrasher6

If Mickey Mellon gets it then we are going on a road to nowhere.....jesus f@cking christ...
[Post edited 27 May 2019 12:20]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 12:29 - May 27 with 4270 viewsGeoffThom

Don't know what to think but suddenly toshack looks bloody good to me
Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 12:29 - May 27 with 4269 viewsdobjack2

Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 12:18 - May 27 by Thrasher6

If Mickey Mellon gets it then we are going on a road to nowhere.....jesus f@cking christ...

No - if David Byrne got it we would be on a road to nowhere. If Chris Rea got it I would be seriously worried.
Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 12:30 - May 27 with 4263 viewsPentyrchJack

Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 12:18 - May 27 by Thrasher6

Agree. We’d be on the road to Division 2. What’s the obsession with managers who make the play offs which, in itself, means their sides and them were not good enough to go up automatically?

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 12:34 - May 27 with 4250 viewsAngelRangelQS

What’s the issue with Micky Mellon?
Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 12:36 - May 27 with 4240 viewssainthelens

Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 12:34 - May 27 by AngelRangelQS

His surname.
Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 12:40 - May 27 with 4219 viewsThrasher6

Read his wiki page....and come back to us...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micky_Mellon

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 12:41 - May 27 with 4218 viewsPentyrchJack

His track record isn’t very inspiring and he has no experience of managing at this level. Neither is he a young star in the rising.

We are a Championship club and we should be doing a lot better than this.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 12:41 - May 27 with 4214 viewsBrynmill_Jack

He may very well be the man to give some tough love to the youngsters. Potter’s weakness was excusing them when they threw away a lead. Mellon may not be so forgiving

Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 12:43 - May 27 with 4201 viewsdonkonky

Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 12:41 - May 27 by PentyrchJack

His track record isn’t very inspiring and he has no experience of managing at this level. Neither is he a young star in the rising.

Agreed. Come on Birch, Leon and Curt don’t do this!
Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 12:55 - May 27 with 4160 viewsAngelRangelQS

Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 12:41 - May 27 by PentyrchJack

He’s only three years older than Potter

He has 5 promotions on his CV, albeit at a lower level.

Knowledge of the lower leagues where we can pick up some gems

His teams play decent football

He’s had experience working with youngsters

Since when as a club were we only interested in “names”?
Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 12:56 - May 27 with 4153 viewsAngelRangelQS

Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 12:40 - May 27 by Thrasher6

Read his wiki page....and come back to us...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micky_Mellon

Perhaps you could explain specifically what you don’t like about that?
Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 13:01 - May 27 with 4129 viewsjruss1

He's a far superior option to Toshack without a doubt.
Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 13:01 - May 27 with 4129 viewssainthelens

Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 12:55 - May 27 by AngelRangelQS

He’s only three years older than Potter

He has 5 promotions on his CV, albeit at a lower level.

Knowledge of the lower leagues where we can pick up some gems

His teams play decent football

He’s had experience working with youngsters

Since when as a club were we only interested in “names”?

His team's play decent football?
Fck me, Tranmere barely put 3/4 passes together.
Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 13:09 - May 27 with 4090 viewsAngelRangelQS

Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 13:01 - May 27 by sainthelens

His team's play decent football?
Fck me, Tranmere barely put 3/4 passes together.

Well if you read that link above it doesn’t look too bad.

Though he has also said this

One thing above all he has learned, he says, is not to become too obsessed with a set playing style. He is no fan of the modern insistence on “philosophy”. At the level he is coaching, flexibility is everything.

“The gap between the football you want to play and the football you can play will be measured in results,” he insists. “If we are able to play the football I want to play and get results, then that’s what we’ll do. Ultimately, though, I’ll do what I have to do to get results.”
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024