Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR 09:08 - Aug 11 with 453 viewsjanegallagher

What does everyone think? We could argue had VAR been around in 2010 we have stayed up. 😃

Personally I don’t like it. It takes emotion out and spoils the passion. Just watching Manchester City, it’s becoming a game played on referees video screens. Retaking a saved penalty because of slight encroachment

Nah not for me
[Post edited 11 Aug 2019 9:10]

We’ve got Simon Sadler

VAR on 09:20 - Aug 11 with 435 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Tricky one, though the correct decision was reached in all the calls made.

Willing to give it to Xmas.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2019 9:21]

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

VAR on 09:23 - Aug 11 with 429 viewsROTTWEILERS

Hate it for all the same reasons. Imagine some of those injury time Pool goals from last season being decided by VAR.... urgh!

I'm glad it's confined to the greed league for now.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

VAR on 09:52 - Aug 11 with 413 viewsokeh_for_some

Not for me either Jane. When a game is decided by an offside toenail it’s gone way too far. As well as killing the atmosphere and ruining the flow of the game, it robs fans of the post match analysis where borderline decisions are debated. Eventually it will lead to a poorer standard of refereeing as officials become increasing reliant on technology. I’m sure it satisfies the money men in the Prem and the armchair fan but for me it kills the live game and is the start of a long and slippery slope.
VAR on 09:58 - Aug 11 with 409 viewsLala

VAR on 09:52 - Aug 11 by okeh_for_some

Not for me either Jane. When a game is decided by an offside toenail it’s gone way too far. As well as killing the atmosphere and ruining the flow of the game, it robs fans of the post match analysis where borderline decisions are debated. Eventually it will lead to a poorer standard of refereeing as officials become increasing reliant on technology. I’m sure it satisfies the money men in the Prem and the armchair fan but for me it kills the live game and is the start of a long and slippery slope.

Sort of with Red. Hate it for the usual reasons but like it for the right decision which should eradicate cheating too.

If we lost a promotion because we didn’t have it we’d be peed off.

Give it till a Christmas like Red 👍

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

VAR on 18:45 - Aug 11 with 395 viewsspudgun

VAR on 09:58 - Aug 11 by Lala

Sort of with Red. Hate it for the usual reasons but like it for the right decision which should eradicate cheating too.

If we lost a promotion because we didn’t have it we’d be peed off.

Give it till a Christmas like Red 👍

It takes a bit of getting used to (as did seatbelts when they were made compulsory) but it is probably for the best.

The offside stuff I do not have a problem with because it is definitive, and that has to be a good thing, but the `possible red card` stuff is laughable at times.

A few bumps on the way to getting this right, I expect.

We don`t like change, do we?

Okeh: just read that spy book and it was a real page-turner...
VAR on 19:17 - Aug 11 with 390 viewsokeh_for_some

VAR on 18:45 - Aug 11 by spudgun

It takes a bit of getting used to (as did seatbelts when they were made compulsory) but it is probably for the best.

The offside stuff I do not have a problem with because it is definitive, and that has to be a good thing, but the `possible red card` stuff is laughable at times.

A few bumps on the way to getting this right, I expect.

We don`t like change, do we?

Okeh: just read that spy book and it was a real page-turner...

Spud - you’re one ahead of me. I got a recommendation for the book but it’s still in my reading pile. Holding it back for my holiday in Sept!

On the VAR question, I’m still far from convinced. OK for some decisions but not to the extent it’s being used at the moment. To me, one of the beauties of football is it’s simplicity. I don’t think it’s a game that benefits from stop/starts, unlike cricket and tennis where there are natural break points.
VAR on 19:21 - Aug 11 with 385 viewsspell_chekker

VAR on 19:17 - Aug 11 by okeh_for_some

Spud - you’re one ahead of me. I got a recommendation for the book but it’s still in my reading pile. Holding it back for my holiday in Sept!

On the VAR question, I’m still far from convinced. OK for some decisions but not to the extent it’s being used at the moment. To me, one of the beauties of football is it’s simplicity. I don’t think it’s a game that benefits from stop/starts, unlike cricket and tennis where there are natural break points.

Can no longer have the excuse "We was robbed". (sic)

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

VAR on 19:30 - Aug 11 with 381 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

VAR on 19:17 - Aug 11 by okeh_for_some

Okeh

The point about standard of refereeing is one of the things that worries me. You only need to look at the first test match last week to see its impact on cricket.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024