Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Elliot Page 01:30 - Dec 2 with 4930 viewsGroo

I see the actress Ellen Page has come out a a male transgender and from now on will be called Elliot Page.

Good luck to her/him or whatever, but it seems to me we live in a funny old world. When I was young male was male and female was female, there appears to be new genders all the time now.

Not sure if her status means she intends to have an operation to change, not sure if the description means she/he intends to or not.

I'm totally confused.

Oh, and I'm not having a go at anyone making this or any other choice, just stating how confusing it is to a simple person like me.

Groo does what Groo does best

Elliot Page on 07:22 - Dec 2 with 3364 viewsbuilthjack

Those Thai chick with dicks set the ball rolling.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Elliot Page on 07:49 - Dec 2 with 3349 viewsDr_Parnassus

It’s not confusing, you are correct in your understanding of gender.

There are two genders, male and female and with the rare exception of intersex. Those with hormone imbalances may well feel they are the opposite however, hence the gender changes and those that don’t identify as a gender at all.

More concerning is laws being created to compel language and even subjects being taught in schools - both to standards not publicly agreed or scientifically backed.

In Canada it is hate speech to “misgender” someone and could incur a jail term, heavy fines have already been imposed thus far, don’t think anyone has yet to be a custodial sentence.

Accept people all shapes, sizes, sexes, races and preferences. But let’s stop pretending you can choose to be things such as furries and pixies as I’m reading is now a thing. If someone is a man that wishes to appear as a woman, that’s fine. If you are woman that wishes to appear as a man, that’s also fine... but you are still a biological man and a woman respectively. Making people pretend otherwise isn’t helpful to society, regardless of protestations.

Good luck to Elliot, hopefully he is happier being able to present himself as the person that feels most natural. Everyone should do the same and people should accept those choices, which I think in the main most do and would.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2023 0:51]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Elliot Page on 09:29 - Dec 2 with 3315 viewsbritferry

"Good luck to Elliot, hopefully he is happier being able to present himself as the person that feels most natural."

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Elliot Page on 09:52 - Dec 2 with 3301 viewsHighjack

It’s strange that he’s able to carry on playing a cisgender female in his tv show considering other performers have been sacked and faced horrendous abuse for the crime of being cast as a character of a different gender to what they are.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Elliot Page on 09:57 - Dec 2 with 3296 viewsDr_Parnassus

Elliot Page on 09:29 - Dec 2 by britferry

"Good luck to Elliot, hopefully he is happier being able to present himself as the person that feels most natural."

Changed for the sensitive.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2023 0:52]

Elliot Page on 10:19 - Dec 2 with 3279 viewsbritferry

Elliot Page on 09:57 - Dec 2 by Dr_Parnassus

you change the "pronouns" to him, he, his etc.

Elliot Page on 10:30 - Dec 2 with 3274 viewsCatullus

In the eyes of the law you can and that's all that matters. Saying you can't would be taken as some as hate speech.

Any belief in natural laws has been superceded, you aren't free to think and believe in anything you want. Even religious freedoms enshrined in law aren't that free anymore. For example, a priest isn't allowed to say homosexuality is wrong according to the bible because it's homophobic.

Such is the way of the world. Of course those of us who aren't religious don't care either way. People are just people and we should treat them as such.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Elliot Page on 10:35 - Dec 2 with 3272 viewsonehunglow

Elliot Page on 10:30 - Dec 2 by Catullus

In the eyes of the law you can and that's all that matters. Saying you can't would be taken as some as hate speech.

Any belief in natural laws has been superceded, you aren't free to think and believe in anything you want. Even religious freedoms enshrined in law aren't that free anymore. For example, a priest isn't allowed to say homosexuality is wrong according to the bible because it's homophobic.

Such is the way of the world. Of course those of us who aren't religious don't care either way. People are just people and we should treat them as such.

If you start a religious cult Cat,I offer to be your boy bitch

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Elliot Page on 10:37 - Dec 2 with 3269 viewsDr_Parnassus

Elliot Page on 10:19 - Dec 2 by britferry

you change the "pronouns" to him, he, his etc.

Out of respect then happy to do so. But again, nobody should be compelled to by law and if anyone can explain why this should be the case I would be very interested.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2023 1:00]

Elliot Page on 10:47 - Dec 2 with 3261 viewsCatullus

Elliot Page on 10:35 - Dec 2 by onehunglow

If you start a religious cult Cat,I offer to be your boy bitch

Start a cult

If anybody wants to worship something worthwhile then try mother nature.

I want to be a tree.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Elliot Page on 10:48 - Dec 2 with 3260 viewsonehunglow

Elliot Page on 10:47 - Dec 2 by Catullus

Start a cult

If anybody wants to worship something worthwhile then try mother nature.

I want to be a tree.

I'll be a branch

Elliot Page on 10:51 - Dec 2 with 3260 viewsDr_Parnassus

Elliot Page on 10:30 - Dec 2 by Catullus

The law has never been the barometer to what is right and probably won’t for some time, if ever.

The law on this planet to this day allows homosexual people to be thrown off buildings, adults to marry children, limbs being chopped off for petty crimes and a whole host of complete and utter senseless standards. We can never look to law to determine correct ways to view the world.

If you can identify as a completely different gender to your genetics, then why can’t you identify as a different age? What about race? Height?

[Post edited 26 Jun 2023 0:55]

Elliot Page on 11:08 - Dec 2 with 3251 viewsVincent_Vega

The latest tactic by the adult pretenders to get more roles, declare yourself a minority person so the producers/studios can fill a quota.

And there's me thinking talent was the most important thing..

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Elliot Page on 11:15 - Dec 2 with 3245 viewsDr_Parnassus

Elliot Page on 11:08 - Dec 2 by Vincent_Vega

The latest tactic by the adult pretenders to get more roles, declare yourself a minority person so the producers/studios can fill a quota.

And there's me thinking talent was the most important thing..

I’m sure it’s a genuine case to be fair.

You do have a point however with regards to identity politics taking over sensible society. There is a new rule in California that one director in a company has to be a minority (racial or sexual orientation).

How insane is that.

“Thanks for coming along to the interview. Oh and just before you go Caroline, one last question. Do you like sleeping with men or women?”

Bill AB 979 if someone thinks I’m joking. Look it up.

I’m all for equality of opportunity, but equality of outcome is tyranny.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2020 11:17]

Elliot Page on 11:32 - Dec 2 with 3231 viewsCatullus

Elliot Page on 10:51 - Dec 2 by Dr_Parnassus

The law has never been the barometer to what is right and probably won’t for some time, if ever.

The law on this planet to this day allows homosexual people to be thrown off buildings, adults to marry children, limbs being chopped off for petty crimes and a whole host of complete and utter senseless standards. We can never look to law to determine correct ways to view the world.

If you can identify as a completely different gender to your genetics, then why can’t you identify as a different age? What about race? Height?

Whether it's right or wrong to anybody, the law of the land you live in is what you are judged by.
For example, I think paedophiles, rapists and murderers who repeat offend should face the death penalty, plenty would disagree. Others would agree but the law in the UK doesn't.

When it comes to equality, it should be equality of opportunity but the outcome should depend strictly on the best person for whatever we're talking about.
I don't watch talent or reality shows but if they are choosing winners based on anything other than talent and performance then they are barking. You can't choose a winner if people have been ruled out because they are white or female or heterosexual. Everyone gets the same chance to prove themselves and may the best person win.

Elliot Page on 11:38 - Dec 2 with 3229 viewsDr_Parnassus

Elliot Page on 11:32 - Dec 2 by Catullus

Whether it's right or wrong to anybody, the law of the land you live in is what you are judged by.
For example, I think paedophiles, rapists and murderers who repeat offend should face the death penalty, plenty would disagree. Others would agree but the law in the UK doesn't.

When it comes to equality, it should be equality of opportunity but the outcome should depend strictly on the best person for whatever we're talking about.
I don't watch talent or reality shows but if they are choosing winners based on anything other than talent and performance then they are barking. You can't choose a winner if people have been ruled out because they are white or female or heterosexual. Everyone gets the same chance to prove themselves and may the best person win.

It’s not about being right or wrong to someone. It’s about reality and fantasy. Agreeing with custodial sentences for crimes is just an opinion and not based on scientific fact.

I couldn’t care less personally if someone wants to be a man. But it’s not reality. As long as their choice doesn’t impact me or others, then I don’t care. Unfortunately a lot of people that make these choices insist you MUST play along. That’s something I struggle with.

Saying I’m Chinese or a woman doesn’t make me either. Whether the law allows me to pretend I am, still doesn’t make me one.

Agree with your last paragraph, that’s equality of opportunity and something wholly desirable. Equality of outcome is what is quickly taking over the world however, where your identify trumps your talent or suitability.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2020 11:42]

Elliot Page on 11:46 - Dec 2 with 3219 viewsCatullus

Elliot Page on 11:38 - Dec 2 by Dr_Parnassus

It’s not about being right or wrong to someone. It’s about reality and fantasy. Agreeing with custodial sentences for crimes is just an opinion and not based on scientific fact.

I couldn’t care less personally if someone wants to be a man. But it’s not reality. As long as their choice doesn’t impact me or others, then I don’t care. Unfortunately a lot of people that make these choices insist you MUST play along. That’s something I struggle with.

Saying I’m Chinese or a woman doesn’t make me either. Whether the law allows me to pretend I am, still doesn’t make me one.

Agree with your last paragraph, that’s equality of opportunity and something wholly desirable. Equality of outcome is what is quickly taking over the world however, where your identify trumps your talent or suitability.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2020 11:42]

Reality you say, what is reality? It's different for all of us. Perspectives change. The reality is, it doesn't matter how right you or anyone thinks they are if the law says different. There are opinions that were the societal norm 50 years ago that it's not safe to say out loud any more, and vice versa of course.

An ex girlfriend of mine identifies as a woman but she'll always be a cow to me!

You know it'll happen one day, we'll have people undergoing Transethnic surgery

Elliot Page on 11:48 - Dec 2 with 3215 viewsonehunglow

Elliot Page on 10:51 - Dec 2 by Dr_Parnassus

That is a very good post indeed Dr.

Elliot Page on 11:59 - Dec 2 with 3208 viewsDr_Parnassus

Elliot Page on 11:46 - Dec 2 by Catullus

Reality you say, what is reality? It's different for all of us. Perspectives change. The reality is, it doesn't matter how right you or anyone thinks they are if the law says different. There are opinions that were the societal norm 50 years ago that it's not safe to say out loud any more, and vice versa of course.

An ex girlfriend of mine identifies as a woman but she'll always be a cow to me!

You know it'll happen one day, we'll have people undergoing Transethnic surgery

Yes reality I say. Reality is verifiable fact, not opinion.

What your views are of lengths of sentence, is opinion. It is based on opinion, not scientific fact and always liable to change, in fact they often do.

Gender is not an opinion or a feeling. Height is not opinion or a feeling. Race is not an opinion or a feeling. These things aren’t something you can change because you want to or feel like it.

As I said, the law may allow you to pretend and may even partake in the pretence. But it doesn’t alter reality.

Just the way it is.

Elliot Page on 12:10 - Dec 2 with 3200 viewsCatullus

Elliot Page on 11:59 - Dec 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Yes reality I say. Reality is verifiable fact, not opinion.

What your views are of lengths of sentence, is opinion. It is based on opinion, not scientific fact and always liable to change, in fact they often do.

Gender is not an opinion or a feeling. Height is not opinion or a feeling. Race is not an opinion or a feeling. These things aren’t something you can change because you want to or feel like it.

As I said, the law may allow you to pretend and may even partake in the pretence. But it doesn’t alter reality.

Just the way it is.

And the reality is (which is a verifiable fact too) that there are people around who will disagree with you.

Elliot Page on 12:12 - Dec 2 with 3196 viewsDr_Parnassus

Elliot Page on 12:10 - Dec 2 by Catullus

And the reality is (which is a verifiable fact too) that there are people around who will disagree with you.

Disagreeing with fact doesn’t change that fact though.

That’s my point in a nutshell.

If I disagree the Queen is the Queen, that doesn’t alter the fact that she is.

Can’t we just all disagree with the result in the Play Offs last year and identify as a Premier League team and as a result demand we be placed there?

Can I identify as the highest paid Swansea player over the last decade and demand they treat me as such? Including backdated payments.

If they refuse on the factual basis that I’m not.. I’ll just disagree with them and claim the cash. Easy.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2020 12:24]

Elliot Page on 12:23 - Dec 2 with 3175 viewsHighjack

Elliot Page on 10:37 - Dec 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Out of respect then happy to do so. But again, nobody should be compelled to by law and if anyone can explain why this should be the case I would be very interested.

Decency I suppose. If someone asks me nicely to refer to them as she/her i would, it’s no skin off my nose even if she was six foot seven with a massive beard, a great big dangling elephant trunk between her legs and testicles the size of water melons.

Legally though it is an absolute minefield which is why we’ve had farcical situations like that transgender rapist who was locked up with women who they then proceeded to rape over and over.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Elliot Page on 12:26 - Dec 2 with 3173 viewsDr_Parnassus

Elliot Page on 12:23 - Dec 2 by Highjack

Decency I suppose. If someone asks me nicely to refer to them as she/her i would, it’s no skin off my nose even if she was six foot seven with a massive beard, a great big dangling elephant trunk between her legs and testicles the size of water melons.

Legally though it is an absolute minefield which is why we’ve had farcical situations like that transgender rapist who was locked up with women who they then proceeded to rape over and over.

She hasn’t asked me though, to my knowledge anyway.

Of course if someone asked me to on a personal level, I would. I couldn’t promise I would be consistent with it though as your brain automatically goes to reality and is an effort to pretend... hence the likes of Page get vast amounts of money to act, it doesn’t come natural to us all.

But calling Ellen Page a man is just bizarre when I know she isn’t. Calling her Elliot is strange enough but at least it’s factually accurate if she has changed it I suppose.

Did you hear about the transgender UFC fighter? He decided to identify as a woman and competed with them and just knocked the living daylights out of them. Shocking.

Here you go, Fallon Fox. Went on to break the skull of his (her) opponent.

https://www.attacktheback.com/transgender-mma-fighter-fallon-fox-breaks-opponent
[Post edited 2 Dec 2020 12:47]

Elliot Page on 12:58 - Dec 2 with 3137 viewsItchySphincter

Not sure if anyone’s given you the heads up on this but you don’t get to make the rules. Happy to help.

xx

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Elliot Page on 16:03 - Dec 2 with 3089 viewsbritferry

Elliot Page on 10:37 - Dec 2 by Dr_Parnassus

So you're happy to use the new masculine name but not use a masculine pronoun?

very odd

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024