Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which manager should replace Russell Martin? 23:57 - Aug 9 with 3666 viewsKerouac

[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 0:23]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Which manager should replace Russell Martin? on 00:09 - Aug 10 with 3636 viewsmajorraglan

The honest answer is I don’t know who should replace Martin if he’s sacked, but I defo wouldn't want anyone without previous experience of managing a club - especially while it’s still in the Championship.
Which manager should replace Russell Martin? on 00:13 - Aug 10 with 3623 viewsDr_Parnassus

My choice would be Giovanni Savarese.

Ex-Swan, international experience, possible connection to our owners being the manager of an MLS side.

44.4% win record at Portland Timbers, 48.4% win record at New York Cosmos before that.

Tactically diverse, loves to play stylish football and is a very intelligent speaker.

Best candidate by a country mile and totally achievable in my opinion (assuming RM doesn’t sink us further to a point where we are in a relegation battle).

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Which manager should replace Russell Martin? on 00:22 - Aug 10 with 3618 viewsKerouac

Which manager should replace Russell Martin? on 00:13 - Aug 10 by Dr_Parnassus

Ex-Swan, international experience, possible connection to our owners being the manager of an MLS side.

44.4% win record at Portland Timbers, 48.4% win record at New York Cosmos before that.

Tactically diverse, loves to play stylish football and is a very intelligent speaker.

Best candidate by a country mile and totally achievable in my opinion (assuming RM doesn’t sink us further to a point where we are in a relegation battle).

Good shout!

Which manager should replace Russell Martin? on 02:20 - Aug 10 with 3561 viewsBadlands

Could we afford him?
Get Guidolin back
Plenty of really good managers without clubs.
Spend what we can to replace Martin asap.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Which manager should replace Russell Martin? on 02:50 - Aug 10 with 3539 viewsDr_Parnassus

Which manager should replace Russell Martin? on 02:20 - Aug 10 by Badlands

Could we afford him?
Get Guidolin back
Plenty of really good managers without clubs.
Spend what we can to replace Martin asap.

Certainly could.

Unless you are a marquee name like Henry, salaries are pretty modest.

Let’s say he’s on 350k a year (USD) - may well be far less. That’s £5,500 per week.

Which manager should replace Russell Martin? on 07:20 - Aug 10 with 3399 viewsHeadmaster

Good choice. Still think we should have tried for Diego Martinez last year, probably would've been unlikely though.
Which manager should replace Russell Martin? on 08:12 - Aug 10 with 3323 viewsowainglyndwr

I honestly think Cameron Toshack would make a very good fist of it , he also knows how important the youngsters are to bring through the system
Which manager should replace Russell Martin? on 08:34 - Aug 10 with 3280 viewsKilkennyjack

Which manager should replace Russell Martin? on 08:12 - Aug 10 by owainglyndwr

I honestly think Cameron Toshack would make a very good fist of it , he also knows how important the youngsters are to bring through the system

Cameron Toshack and that old Gary Richards bloke as a 1 year double act just to see …… i cant see it working myself, but it comes up every time so maybe we do need to give it a go.

Russell needs to go whatever ….
Looking increasingly lonely, angry and frustrated.

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

Which manager should replace Russell Martin? on 09:00 - Aug 10 with 3242 viewsonehunglow

It doesn’t really matter. We would be better off without him. He is killing us stone dead .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Which manager should replace Russell Martin? on 10:29 - Aug 10 with 3151 viewsvetchonian

Which manager should replace Russell Martin? on 08:12 - Aug 10 by owainglyndwr

He will probably stick two fingers up at us given how we turned him down previuosly

Now enjoying life at a PL club why should he give that up

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Which manager should replace Russell Martin? on 10:33 - Aug 10 with 3148 viewswhiterock

I like the sound of Geo Sav, a mate in America, well known ex Swansea boy swears by him, Shane met him a few times and watched the Cosmos regular, also, when we were in the Prem, all the younger staff were encouraged to go on a two week work experience with clubs from abroad, the clubs were usually accommodating, young Tosh had loads of takers (due to his old man), but a young fella by the name of Richard Bucannan went to Cosmos to shadow Geo, couldn't speak highly enough of him on his return, left no stone unturned, had a great team spirit and had that special man management ability that doesn't come around to often
Which manager should replace Russell Martin? on 10:43 - Aug 10 with 3128 viewsBadlands

I was thinking more of compensation to his club.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Which manager should replace Russell Martin? on 10:45 - Aug 10 with 3120 viewsCatullus

Readingthe comments it sounds like Geo is the man to restore faith and confidence.

Whichever way it goes we need Martin get rid of as quickly as possible. He surely cannot believe what he's saying, is his ego really that big or is he detached from reality?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Which manager should replace Russell Martin? on 11:00 - Aug 10 with 3090 viewsonehunglow

Which manager should replace Russell Martin? on 10:45 - Aug 10 by Catullus

Readingthe comments it sounds like Geo is the man to restore faith and confidence.

Whichever way it goes we need Martin get rid of as quickly as possible. He surely cannot believe what he's saying, is his ego really that big or is he detached from reality?

Both.
That s vegans for you.

Which manager should replace Russell Martin? on 11:29 - Aug 10 with 3048 viewsQJumpingJack

I expect Wagner would be the replacement due to Marsh and Winter.

And for compensation - perhaps we would pay Martin monthly until he finds a new club a la Cooper?
Which manager should replace Russell Martin? on 14:08 - Aug 10 with 2945 viewsDr_Parnassus

Which manager should replace Russell Martin? on 10:43 - Aug 10 by Badlands

I was thinking more of compensation to his club.

1 year left on his contract, so you would imagine so.

I remember his debut against Stoke, been one of my favourite short stint ex Swans players ever since. Up there with Walter Boyd and Mama Sidibe.

[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 14:19]

Which manager should replace Russell Martin? on 15:55 - Aug 10 with 2872 viewsKerouac

Which manager should replace Russell Martin? on 14:08 - Aug 10 by Dr_Parnassus

1 year left on his contract, so you would imagine so.

I remember his debut against Stoke, been one of my favourite short stint ex Swans players ever since. Up there with Walter Boyd and Mama Sidibe.

[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 14:19]

I've still got that shirt, one of my favourites.

Which manager should replace Russell Martin? on 16:15 - Aug 10 with 2849 viewsblackpooljack

Coco the Clown....oh wait
Which manager should replace Russell Martin? on 16:34 - Aug 10 with 2823 viewsKilkennyjack

Cookie ? 🤷‍♂️

Beware of the Risen People

Which manager should replace Russell Martin? on 16:55 - Aug 10 with 2794 viewsonehunglow

Which manager should replace Russell Martin? on 16:34 - Aug 10 by Kilkennyjack

Cookie ? 🤷‍♂️

I’ve had it said to me just who would want to manage us .
I’d say several looking for a proper club looking to find its dignity again.

Which manager should replace Russell Martin? on 17:07 - Aug 10 with 2777 viewsBryanSwan

Not for me, dont think i would want to take a risk on another manager who's main exploits had been in the MLS or whatever league NY Cosmos are in.

A lot of managers do well over there and are found out when coming to Europe.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Which manager should replace Russell Martin? on 17:32 - Aug 10 with 2733 viewsdeanscfc

Bielsa is the man we should have gone for years ago and should still go for today if he's not currently working for another club. That guy would get us playing football the way we like without the BS.
Which manager should replace Russell Martin? on 19:17 - Aug 10 with 2642 viewsKerouac

I'm amazed, after the last couple of appointments (the unknown Cooper and Martin from MK Dons), that anyone believes we can afford the likes of Thierry Henry, Marcelo Bielsa etc.

We obviously don't pay those kinds of wages.

Which manager should replace Russell Martin? on 23:29 - Aug 10 with 2523 viewsdeanscfc

Which manager should replace Russell Martin? on 19:17 - Aug 10 by Kerouac

I'm amazed, after the last couple of appointments (the unknown Cooper and Martin from MK Dons), that anyone believes we can afford the likes of Thierry Henry, Marcelo Bielsa etc.

We obviously don't pay those kinds of wages.

Oh I know it won't happen, just saying it should if we were a club with any ambition. The return for getting in the Premier League is enormous.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024