Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
34 years 00:16 - Feb 1 with 2434 viewsCountyJim

That's how long the police took to say sorry

And there's lots of here burying their head's on the police service

I just think the whole service needs ripping up and starting again nothing else will do
34 years on 00:51 - Feb 1 with 2021 viewsbritferry

What the police did on that day was a shambles, they were overwhelmed in an antiquated stadium, then again, even in an ultra-modern Wembley just 2 years ago, they lost control in the Euro final too.

But what they did afterwards, was a disgrace, trying to blame it all on drunk Liverpool fans.

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

34 years on 08:48 - Feb 1 with 1979 viewsonehunglow

34 years on 00:51 - Feb 1 by britferry

What the police did on that day was a shambles, they were overwhelmed in an antiquated stadium, then again, even in an ultra-modern Wembley just 2 years ago, they lost control in the Euro final too.

But what they did afterwards, was a disgrace, trying to blame it all on drunk Liverpool fans.

Another one.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

34 years on 09:05 - Feb 1 with 1975 viewsCountyJim

34 years on 08:48 - Feb 1 by onehunglow

Another one.

You completely have no shame do you you just can't admit that the police do wrong
34 years on 09:28 - Feb 1 with 1965 viewsonehunglow

34 years on 09:05 - Feb 1 by CountyJim

You completely have no shame do you you just can't admit that the police do wrong

How many more threads
I’m not having that btw.
DM me .
Let’s have it out
Do it.
Do it now

34 years on 09:41 - Feb 1 with 1952 viewspencoedjack

34 years on 00:51 - Feb 1 by britferry

& there lies the truth.

The police were awful but anyone who was following football in the 80's & 90's is fully aware of fans behaviour during that time.

Ashamed to say it but at that time at that time getting pi**ed, drugs & a ruck was part of mine & a lot of Swans (& other teams) day out.

About time we moved on from the sorry episode.
34 years on 09:48 - Feb 1 with 1943 viewsonehunglow

34 years on 09:41 - Feb 1 by pencoedjack

& there lies the truth.

The police were awful but anyone who was following football in the 80's & 90's is fully aware of fans behaviour during that time.

Ashamed to say it but at that time at that time getting pi**ed, drugs & a ruck was part of mine & a lot of Swans (& other teams) day out.

I knew lad who was killed there and. Police colleague of mine was he on the pitch giving CPR .
I see this and I’m seething at a poster obsessed with anti police posting .
I am not leaving this here .
It ain’t on .
Fans behaviour at that time was appalling and we all know that . Ours were no different .
Hillsboro could have been Ninian park or the the Vetch .
Police reflect society as it’s drawn from citizens . If it’s rotten,look at the society we live in .

34 years on 10:27 - Feb 1 with 1931 viewsCountyJim

34 years on 09:41 - Feb 1 by pencoedjack

& there lies the truth.

Lord Justice Taylor was clear in his interim report that "hooliganism" played no part in the 1989 disaster. On the contrary, it was the fear of hooliganism in police circles that led to "an imbalance between the need to quell a minority of troublemakers and the need to secure the safety and comfort of the majority".

Pretty clear that
34 years on 10:39 - Feb 1 with 1926 viewsPlankton

34 years on 09:28 - Feb 1 by onehunglow

How many more threads
I’m not having that btw.
DM me .
Let’s have it out
Do it.
Do it now

Who's this dope?
Login to get fewer ads

34 years on 10:46 - Feb 1 with 1914 viewsSirjohnalot

34 years on 09:28 - Feb 1 by onehunglow

How many more threads
I’m not having that btw.
DM me .
Let’s have it out
Do it.
Do it now

Jim and OHL.

You have both reported each other. You wind each other up, can you both now ignore the poster please ?
34 years on 10:55 - Feb 1 with 1901 viewsCountyJim

34 years on 10:46 - Feb 1 by Sirjohnalot

Jim and OHL.

You have both reported each other. You wind each other up, can you both now ignore the poster please ?

Hang on a minute I'm not the one making threats I'm just posting completely politely
34 years on 10:59 - Feb 1 with 1899 viewsCountyJim

And what have I been reported for have I broken any forum rules

Again I'm not the one making threats
34 years on 11:32 - Feb 1 with 1876 viewsfelixstowe_jack

34 years on 10:59 - Feb 1 by CountyJim

Football fans seemed to have escaped any blame for the disaster. Remember the only reason the steel fences were there in the first place was because of football hooliganism was rampant in the first place. Only a few years previous Liverpool fans rioted at Heysel in 1985. 39 deaths and 600 injuries.
14 Liverpool fans convicted of manslaughter.

Also the gates at Hillsborough were opened as Liverpool fans tried to break them down.

All this seems to be ignored in Liverpool. The innocent victims were those who arrived early.

To judge the police back in 1989 by todays standards where modern stadiums are safe, fans are better behaved and match stewards are now trained is wrong .

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

34 years on 14:13 - Feb 1 with 1800 viewsSirjohnalot

34 years on 10:55 - Feb 1 by CountyJim

Hang on a minute I'm not the one making threats I'm just posting completely politely

Just help us out please and block each other. Thank you Jim, really appreciate it
34 years on 14:18 - Feb 1 with 1785 viewsKeithHaynes

34 years on 10:59 - Feb 1 by CountyJim

That’s understood but as it stands Jim the site would like you to block him, your help is appreciated.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

34 years on 14:23 - Feb 1 with 1774 viewsKeithHaynes

34 years on 11:32 - Feb 1 by felixstowe_jack

Football fans seemed to have escaped any blame for the disaster. Remember the only reason the steel fences were there in the first place was because of football hooliganism was rampant in the first place. Only a few years previous Liverpool fans rioted at Heysel in 1985. 39 deaths and 600 injuries.
14 Liverpool fans convicted of manslaughter.

Also the gates at Hillsborough were opened as Liverpool fans tried to break them down.

All this seems to be ignored in Liverpool. The innocent victims were those who arrived early.

To judge the police back in 1989 by todays standards where modern stadiums are safe, fans are better behaved and match stewards are now trained is wrong .

I think enough apologies have been made. 65% of the police currently serving weren’t even born in 1989 if the figures are correct which I’m sure they are.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

34 years on 14:34 - Feb 1 with 1753 viewsraynor94

34 years on 10:46 - Feb 1 by Sirjohnalot

Jim and OHL.

Jim constantly goads with his Police posts, which are aimed at one poster, he puts it at the end of every post

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

34 years on 14:41 - Feb 1 with 1747 viewsSirjohnalot

34 years on 14:34 - Feb 1 by raynor94

Jim constantly goads with his Police posts, which are aimed at one poster, he puts it at the end of every post

I'm not going to take sides. I just want to stop squabbling.
34 years on 16:16 - Feb 1 with 1701 viewsfelixstowe_jack

34 years on 14:23 - Feb 1 by KeithHaynes

I think enough apologies have been made. 65% of the police currently serving weren’t even born in 1989 if the figures are correct which I’m sure they are.

I am sure it is even higher any policeman serving before1989 would have 34 years service and they retire after 30 years service.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

34 years on 17:16 - Feb 1 with 1686 viewspencoedjack

34 years on 14:34 - Feb 1 by raynor94

Surprised he hasn't been one tbh.

He/a family member has normally done whatever someone posts about.
34 years on 19:54 - Feb 1 with 1643 viewsonehunglow

I reacted which is against the wishes of Keith and John
I have no obligation to post or to get angry
I understand that
I stand by every word
As Keith says , actions have consequences

For younger ones on here , football fans had legions of thugs salivating over a good Ruck at a town or ground

Hillsboro made people think

No hooligan firm ever apologised either

34 years on 20:34 - Feb 1 with 1621 viewspencoedjack

34 years on 10:27 - Feb 1 by CountyJim

Lord Justice Taylor was clear in his interim report that "hooliganism" played no part in the 1989 disaster. On the contrary, it was the fear of hooliganism in police circles that led to "an imbalance between the need to quell a minority of troublemakers and the need to secure the safety and comfort of the majority".

Pretty clear that

You were obviously not following football in the 80s or 90s.
34 years on 20:57 - Feb 1 with 1606 viewsKilkennyjack

34 years on 20:34 - Feb 1 by pencoedjack

You are not listening to the judge who investigated all the evidence.
Sit down.

Beware of the Risen People

34 years on 06:36 - Feb 2 with 1555 viewsmangohilljack

Plenty of football firms about in the 70/80/90's who liked to cause trouble, by the same token the police loved to have a row aswell and later on were one of the biggest firms in football hooliganism, Stoke home in the early 2000''s was a typical example where meat wagons full of Cardiff coppers were down specifically to have a row with Jacks
34 years on 09:24 - Feb 2 with 1504 viewslifelong

34 years on 06:36 - Feb 2 by mangohilljack

Plenty of football firms about in the 70/80/90's who liked to cause trouble, by the same token the police loved to have a row aswell and later on were one of the biggest firms in football hooliganism, Stoke home in the early 2000''s was a typical example where meat wagons full of Cardiff coppers were down specifically to have a row with Jacks

‘The Police were one of the biggest firms in football hooliganism.’

That’s a cracker fair play. 😄
34 years on 09:31 - Feb 2 with 1500 viewsCountyJim

34 years on 20:34 - Feb 1 by pencoedjack

I've said before I was a bit of a naughty boy in the 80s but I grew up you don't have to fight to prove something

Now listen up winkle just read what the judge says
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024