Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Piroe for Surridge 14:11 - Jul 10 with 7953 viewsKeithHaynes

Decent report from Phil this morning, but even with a decent wad a cash coming our way Surridge is no Piroe.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Piroe for Surridge on 21:48 - Jul 10 with 1773 viewsReslovenSwan1

Piroe for Surridge on 21:34 - Jul 10 by Dr_Winston

I suspect he'd have had more of a look in if Cooper had stayed. I am almost certain that Martin took a dislike from day one and nothing Whittaker ever did would have been good enough.

He's absolutely not a centre forward I agree, but given how outstanding he was at Plymouth, even if it was a division below, Russy's refusal to even consider giving him a run in that role basically constituted a dereliction of duty.

If Duff does not take a liking to the players he is in spot of bother. Best for him to be on his best behaviour and be the brightest and best version of himself. First in last out.

Rooney, Cooper, Martin did not select him and had their reasons fair or unfair. Lets hope Duff gets the best out of him at Championship level. The owners value him financially as above league 1.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Piroe for Surridge on 21:59 - Jul 10 with 1755 viewsFireboy2

Piroe for Surridge on 21:34 - Jul 10 by Dr_Winston

I suspect he'd have had more of a look in if Cooper had stayed. I am almost certain that Martin took a dislike from day one and nothing Whittaker ever did would have been good enough.

He's absolutely not a centre forward I agree, but given how outstanding he was at Plymouth, even if it was a division below, Russy's refusal to even consider giving him a run in that role basically constituted a dereliction of duty.

It wasn't just Martin that took a dislike to him doc, not just swansea managers.

Imo he found his level at league 1 and the training regime and standard was too high for him.

I saw him have a tantrum at Hull last season, just backed up what I've been told.

If he struggled with Martin he has no chance with Duffs intense regime.
Piroe for Surridge on 22:03 - Jul 10 with 1748 viewsDr_Winston

Piroe for Surridge on 21:59 - Jul 10 by Fireboy2

It wasn't just Martin that took a dislike to him doc, not just swansea managers.

Imo he found his level at league 1 and the training regime and standard was too high for him.

I saw him have a tantrum at Hull last season, just backed up what I've been told.

If he struggled with Martin he has no chance with Duffs intense regime.

Who else took a dislike to him?

Schumacher clearly knew how to get a tune out of him. Martin didn't even try.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Piroe for Surridge on 22:09 - Jul 10 with 1717 viewsWhiterockin

Piroe for Surridge on 22:03 - Jul 10 by Dr_Winston

Watching him play here and at Plymouth there was no comparison, here he just couldn't be arsed. Who's fault who knows was it Martin's or Whittakers he has a fresh start now let's hope he takes it.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Piroe for Surridge on 22:11 - Jul 10 with 1723 viewsDr_Winston

Piroe for Surridge on 22:09 - Jul 10 by Whiterockin

Watching him play here and at Plymouth there was no comparison, here he just couldn't be arsed. Who's fault who knows was it Martin's or Whittakers he has a fresh start now let's hope he takes it.

Here he was either up front or stuck out wide. Not in the position he'd been so effective in, and under a manager he clearly knew didn't give a sh* about him.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Piroe for Surridge on 22:13 - Jul 10 with 1702 viewsWhiterockin

Piroe for Surridge on 22:11 - Jul 10 by Dr_Winston

Here he was either up front or stuck out wide. Not in the position he'd been so effective in, and under a manager he clearly knew didn't give a sh* about him.

Let's hope he makes the most of the fresh start, exciting times.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Piroe for Surridge on 22:23 - Jul 10 with 1683 viewsFireboy2

Whoever was the derby manager, the derby fans I spoke to at the away game were glad to see the back of him, they said he was like a child who didn't get his way.

Cooper sent him out on loan and obviously Martin, who copped alot of sh!te for sending him out on loan then not giving him gametime when he got recalled.

If Duff sticks with him I will platt fog.
Piroe for Surridge on 22:53 - Jul 10 with 1641 viewsBryanSwan

Piroe for Surridge on 17:40 - Jul 10 by SullutaCreturned

Like I just said on another thread, Surridge may be a good partner for Joseph. As people may have guessed, I think Joseph may break through this season!

I think there's a player there if he's used properly.

Got a lot more games under his belt now. I quite like him to be fair, more of a physical handful and definitely capable of scoring at championship level. May not be as technical as Piroe buts lets not forgot the success we've had with a more direct forward. (Scotland, Graham, Bony)
I'd imagine if we brought someone like that in we could expect to be starting with more width and pace out wide to make use of his talents too.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Login to get fewer ads

Piroe for Surridge on 09:26 - Jul 11 with 1521 viewsKilkennyjack

Piroe for Surridge on 22:53 - Jul 10 by BryanSwan

Got a lot more games under his belt now. I quite like him to be fair, more of a physical handful and definitely capable of scoring at championship level. May not be as technical as Piroe buts lets not forgot the success we've had with a more direct forward. (Scotland, Graham, Bony)
I'd imagine if we brought someone like that in we could expect to be starting with more width and pace out wide to make use of his talents too.

That would be great to see.

Beware of the Risen People

Piroe for Surridge on 14:04 - Jul 11 with 1451 viewsBadlands

I get your point about being more direct but comparing Surridge with Bony, Scotland and Graham is too far a stretch for me.

We appear to have brought in Yates ... less productive and shorter and older than Cullen so, unless we are keeping Whittaker our attacking height has been lowered even more.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Piroe for Surridge on 14:09 - Jul 11 with 1437 viewsploppy

Wayne Rooney's Derby County. Apparently.
Piroe for Surridge on 14:11 - Jul 11 with 1436 viewsangryjack

That remark is totally wrong bony and Scotland and to some respect Graham are suited more to a footballing side as they hold the ball up and bring players into the game,and keep ball moving,the opposite of direct,direct forwards are the ones who run the channels for the ball over the top,them 3 forwards mentioned played in the vest footballing teams we have had under Rodgers Laudrup and martinez
Piroe for Surridge on 14:15 - Jul 11 with 1433 viewsraynor94

Piroe for Surridge on 14:04 - Jul 11 by Badlands

I get your point about being more direct but comparing Surridge with Bony, Scotland and Graham is too far a stretch for me.

We appear to have brought in Yates ... less productive and shorter and older than Cullen so, unless we are keeping Whittaker our attacking height has been lowered even more.

How is Yates less productive than Cullen?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Piroe for Surridge on 14:39 - Jul 11 with 1417 viewsBryanSwan

Piroe for Surridge on 14:11 - Jul 11 by angryjack

That remark is totally wrong bony and Scotland and to some respect Graham are suited more to a footballing side as they hold the ball up and bring players into the game,and keep ball moving,the opposite of direct,direct forwards are the ones who run the channels for the ball over the top,them 3 forwards mentioned played in the vest footballing teams we have had under Rodgers Laudrup and martinez

It cannot be wrong as it is just an opinion.
I don't believe Graham nor Scotland played in many footballing sides before joining us but were moulded into it. Could be the same for Surridge, a few years older still has the physical attributes to be able to play off. He won't be the player we saw last time who was still learning.
If Surridge comes in, alongside Ginelly and Yates at least we will have more attacking options than last season.

Piroe for Surridge on 16:00 - Jul 11 with 1367 viewsBadlands

Piroe for Surridge on 14:15 - Jul 11 by raynor94

How is Yates less productive than Cullen?

Goals per minute

Piroe for Surridge on 16:15 - Jul 11 with 1356 viewsraynor94

Piroe for Surridge on 16:00 - Jul 11 by Badlands

Goals per minute

What a poor comparison to use, didn't you reckon Harris was more productive than Piroe?

Cullen and Harris have splinters

Piroe for Surridge on 17:19 - Jul 11 with 1312 viewsonehunglow

For once I’m content to let the manager simply get on with it.
Whether Cullen was more productive than Yates or Whittaker was sulking for HIM we will never know.
I believe Whittaker was treated with utter contempt and notwithstanding Fireboys chat with opposition fans ,somebody will get the benefit of Whitaker’s talent .
Footballers are often flaky feckwits ,let’s face it ,and many can’t see further than their next tattoe.

Any offers for Cullen ?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Piroe for Surridge on 01:27 - Jul 12 with 1212 viewsRhonddaSwans

Piroe for Surridge on 16:15 - Jul 11 by raynor94

What a poor comparison to use, didn't you reckon Harris was more productive than Piroe?

I was just sick in my mouth what did you say 😭😭😭😭😭😭 999

Poll: Euro 2024 Winner 🏆 Predictions

Piroe for Surridge on 22:50 - Jul 12 with 1117 viewsBadlands

Piroe for Surridge on 16:15 - Jul 11 by raynor94

But you are right goals perr minute of play is a really poor comparison of strikers. What on earth was I thinking🤦‍♂️?
I almost suggested Benda was a better keeper than Fisher because he had a higher percentage of saves per time played. 🙊

Piroe for Surridge on 23:42 - Jul 12 with 1062 viewsBryanSwan

Piroe for Surridge on 22:50 - Jul 12 by Badlands

But you are right goals perr minute of play is a really poor comparison of strikers. What on earth was I thinking🤦‍♂️?
I almost suggested Benda was a better keeper than Fisher because he had a higher percentage of saves per time played. 🙊

In isolation any stat is a very poor comparison. The nature of being at clubs at different ends of the XG table would would indicate that Cullen is on the end of better chances, which is backed up by the fact that he outshoots Yates on a per 90 basis and has a higher number of shots from both within the 6 yard box and the penalty area.

Piroe for Surridge on 10:24 - Jul 13 with 983 viewsraynor94

Piroe for Surridge on 23:42 - Jul 12 by BryanSwan

In isolation any stat is a very poor comparison. The nature of being at clubs at different ends of the XG table would would indicate that Cullen is on the end of better chances, which is backed up by the fact that he outshoots Yates on a per 90 basis and has a higher number of shots from both within the 6 yard box and the penalty area.

Just look at the minutes played by each player

Piroe for Surridge on 07:29 - Jul 15 with 864 viewsbuilthjack

Sounds like Surridge is off to be a country singer.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Piroe for Surridge on 08:03 - Jul 15 with 825 viewsjojaca

News gone quiet on Piroe....

Even when you know, you never know?

Piroe for Surridge on 09:27 - Jul 15 with 770 viewsjack247

On the Whittaker point

Played out of position - definitely.
Not given the game time he would have liked - definitely.
Personality clash with Martin - unconfirmed but I can certainly buy that.

However, none of that exonerates making Conor Hourihane look like Roy Keane. He came into the team after the window shut and played like he was trying not to get injured. That’s an abysmal attitude however desperate people are to blame Martin for everything. Just contrast that to the effort Manning put in at the same time.

If he stays (and if teams are judging him on how he played for us he will be) he’s going to have to apply himself much better.

Real shame because he is clearly talented.
Piroe for Surridge on 09:52 - Jul 16 with 662 viewsBadlands

Surridge to Nashville !
https://eplindex.com/92197/from-city-ground-to-music-city-surridges-mls-move.htm

Smart move, lost confidence, lack of ambition or money?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024