Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Piroe for Surridge 14:11 - Jul 10 with 7893 viewsKeithHaynes

Decent report from Phil this morning, but even with a decent wad a cash coming our way Surridge is no Piroe.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Piroe for Surridge on 10:31 - Jul 16 with 1901 viewsguthrieintherain

Piroe for Surridge on 09:52 - Jul 16 by Badlands

Surridge to Nashville !
https://eplindex.com/92197/from-city-ground-to-music-city-surridges-mls-move.htm

Smart move, lost confidence, lack of ambition or money?

Sometimes it's hard to be a striker

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Piroe for Surridge on 12:51 - Jul 16 with 1829 viewsBoundy

One door closes and another opens

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Piroe for Surridge on 13:34 - Jul 16 with 1794 viewsBadlands

Piroe for Surridge on 10:31 - Jul 16 by guthrieintherain

Sometimes it's hard to be a striker

🤣🤣🤣

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Piroe for Surridge on 14:06 - Jul 16 with 1737 viewsguthrieintherain

Piroe for Surridge on 13:34 - Jul 16 by Badlands

🤣🤣🤣

Well spotted mate was starting to think nobody would notice

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Piroe for Surridge on 13:39 - Jul 24 with 1485 viewsWhiterockin

A new threshold for players with one year left on their contract

Kylian Mbappe: Al Hilal 'make £259m offer' for PSG and France forward - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66291108

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Piroe for Surridge on 14:35 - Jul 24 with 1416 viewsReslovenSwan1

Piroe for Surridge on 13:39 - Jul 24 by Whiterockin

A new threshold for players with one year left on their contract

Kylian Mbappe: Al Hilal 'make £259m offer' for PSG and France forward - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66291108

This is no longer sport or football. It is international politics. All concepts of fair competition are of historical interest only. Wages paid and ludicrous transfer fees just locks in the status quo for clubs like Chelsea.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Piroe for Surridge on 15:10 - Jul 24 with 1362 viewsKeithHaynes

Piroe for Surridge on 14:35 - Jul 24 by ReslovenSwan1

This is no longer sport or football. It is international politics. All concepts of fair competition are of historical interest only. Wages paid and ludicrous transfer fees just locks in the status quo for clubs like Chelsea.

Nit sure how the real football fan can get round this to watch what is honest and genuine football. I know loads of people who now only go to non league games and completely disregard league football. One a Swans fan for as long as I can remember hasn’t gone for five years, but he follows Merthyr.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Piroe for Surridge on 15:37 - Jul 24 with 1311 viewsFireboy2

Piroe for Surridge on 14:35 - Jul 24 by ReslovenSwan1

Politics my @rse, its just greed, simple as.

These people have no idea of the real world, its monopoly money to them.
Login to get fewer ads

Piroe for Surridge on 17:16 - Jul 24 with 1236 viewsBadlands

Piroe price £15 million?
According to

https://motleedsnews.com/news/leeds-united-face-15m-joel-piroe-transfer-fee-afte

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Piroe for Surridge on 19:56 - Jul 24 with 1123 viewsSTID2017

Piroe for Surridge on 17:16 - Jul 24 by Badlands

Piroe price £15 million?
According to

https://motleedsnews.com/news/leeds-united-face-15m-joel-piroe-transfer-fee-afte

Should be £20 million IMHO
If not more

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Piroe for Surridge on 20:10 - Jul 24 with 1105 viewsDr_Winston

Piroe for Surridge on 19:56 - Jul 24 by STID2017

Should be £20 million IMHO
If not more

If nobody is prepared to pay £20m for him, then he's not worth £20m. I can't believe that this continues to need to be explained.

If the best offer for Piroe before the end of the window is £10m, then that is what he will be sold for.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Piroe for Surridge on 20:50 - Jul 24 with 1053 viewsFireboy2

Piroe for Surridge on 20:10 - Jul 24 by Dr_Winston

If nobody is prepared to pay £20m for him, then he's not worth £20m. I can't believe that this continues to need to be explained.

If the best offer for Piroe before the end of the window is £10m, then that is what he will be sold for.

That's right, a player is only worth what a club is prepared to pay.
Piroe for Surridge on 21:07 - Jul 24 with 1001 viewsDr_Winston

Piroe for Surridge on 20:50 - Jul 24 by Fireboy2

That's right, a player is only worth what a club is prepared to pay.

We've had this every Summer since we left the Prem. You'd think people would have worked it out by now.

You can demand that Rodon/Piroe/Roberts etc are worth multiple millions, but if nobody is prepared to pay that you're just pissing in the wind.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Piroe for Surridge on 21:48 - Jul 24 with 924 viewsSullutaCreturned

Piroe for Surridge on 15:37 - Jul 24 by Fireboy2

Politics my @rse, its just greed, simple as.

These people have no idea of the real world, its monopoly money to them.

No it's politics, the Saudi's are "sportwashing" as it's come to be called.

Al Hilal's average crowd, 12,887. Best ever rowd is under 34000. It's obscene that these oil sheiks are being allowed to buy football like this. It also shows up the lie that players aren't all about the money, they clearly mostly are these days even when already stinking rich.

The USA is as bad, Inter Miami have a stadium around the same size as ours, slightly smaller actually but they're paying Messi over one million per week.
Piroe for Surridge on 22:07 - Jul 24 with 883 viewsFireboy2

Piroe for Surridge on 21:48 - Jul 24 by SullutaCreturned

No it's politics, the Saudi's are "sportwashing" as it's come to be called.

Al Hilal's average crowd, 12,887. Best ever rowd is under 34000. It's obscene that these oil sheiks are being allowed to buy football like this. It also shows up the lie that players aren't all about the money, they clearly mostly are these days even when already stinking rich.

The USA is as bad, Inter Miami have a stadium around the same size as ours, slightly smaller actually but they're paying Messi over one million per week.

They are preying on natural greed though.
Piroe for Surridge on 22:10 - Jul 24 with 874 viewsReslovenSwan1

Piroe for Surridge on 22:07 - Jul 24 by Fireboy2

They are preying on natural greed though.

So you have backtracked on this comment then?

"Politics my @rse, its just greed, simple as".

Piroe for Surridge on 22:15 - Jul 24 with 871 viewsDr_Winston

Unless Al Hilal want to make a £20m bid for Matt Grimes, none of this affects us in any way.

Piroe for Surridge on 22:15 - Jul 24 with 870 viewsFireboy2

Piroe for Surridge on 22:10 - Jul 24 by ReslovenSwan1

So you have backtracked on this comment then?

"Politics my @rse, its just greed, simple as".

Eh? I just said they are preying on natural greed, wtf did I agree it was political?
Piroe for Surridge on 22:33 - Jul 24 with 833 viewsReslovenSwan1

Piroe for Surridge on 22:15 - Jul 24 by Fireboy2

Eh? I just said they are preying on natural greed, wtf did I agree it was political?

You have changed the emphasis from the Arabs to the players. You did not mention "preying" on anyone in you first post.

The Arabs are doing this for political reasons. They are not doing this for reasons of greed as it will probably lose them money, at least in the short term. The players are seduced by greed true. Not sure what the redacted expletives and WTF is about.

Piroe for Surridge on 22:37 - Jul 24 with 825 viewsFireboy2

Piroe for Surridge on 22:33 - Jul 24 by ReslovenSwan1

You have changed the emphasis from the Arabs to the players. You did not mention "preying" on anyone in you first post.

The Arabs are doing this for political reasons. They are not doing this for reasons of greed as it will probably lose them money, at least in the short term. The players are seduced by greed true. Not sure what the redacted expletives and WTF is about.

The expletives and wtf is what you bring me to.

And my original point stands, players are greedy, they have no idea of real life because they have never experienced it.

I couldn't give a flying feck about the Saudis.
Piroe for Surridge on 22:59 - Jul 24 with 791 viewsonehunglow

Piroe for Surridge on 22:37 - Jul 24 by Fireboy2

And my original point stands, players are greedy, they have no idea of real life because they have never experienced it.

Clearly you need to assess that which annoys you
It's possible to disagree

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Piroe for Surridge on 23:15 - Jul 24 with 776 viewsDr_Winston

Piroe for Surridge on 22:37 - Jul 24 by Fireboy2

I'm fairly sure that most players have experienced real life. Few will have grown up even comfortable financially. Almost none in wealth and luxury. M'Bappe for example was born and raised in an absolute sh*thole in Paris.

I've never quite understood the almost moral objections to players earning as much as they possibly can when the opportunity arises. I'm far from certain that I'd not be tempted by the possibility of at least quadrupling my wages, perhaps even more so given lower income tax levels in the oil states.

Piroe for Surridge on 23:43 - Jul 24 with 753 viewsFireboy2

Piroe for Surridge on 23:15 - Jul 24 by Dr_Winston

I'm fairly sure that most players have experienced real life. Few will have grown up even comfortable financially. Almost none in wealth and luxury. M'Bappe for example was born and raised in an absolute sh*thole in Paris.

I've never quite understood the almost moral objections to players earning as much as they possibly can when the opportunity arises. I'm far from certain that I'd not be tempted by the possibility of at least quadrupling my wages, perhaps even more so given lower income tax levels in the oil states.

Yes most footballers come from working class backgrounds but after getting sourced by a professional team they never know what a normal kid childhood is like.

I am not objecting to them earning vast amounts of money, what I am saying most do not have any idea of what real life is and therefore get greedy be it by their own means or by their greedy agents.
Piroe for Surridge on 23:58 - Jul 24 with 745 viewsDr_Winston

Piroe for Surridge on 23:43 - Jul 24 by Fireboy2

Yes most footballers come from working class backgrounds but after getting sourced by a professional team they never know what a normal kid childhood is like.

I am not objecting to them earning vast amounts of money, what I am saying most do not have any idea of what real life is and therefore get greedy be it by their own means or by their greedy agents.

They won't have experienced a normal childhood I agree. It takes a ludicrous amount of commitment to be a pro.

I couldn't disagree more with them not knowing what real life is. You listen to the life story of someone like Ian Wright and you almost marvel at how they make it to the top football wise considering the sacrifice required.

Piroe for Surridge on 08:07 - Jul 25 with 655 viewsFireboy2

Piroe for Surridge on 23:58 - Jul 24 by Dr_Winston

They won't have experienced a normal childhood I agree. It takes a ludicrous amount of commitment to be a pro.

I couldn't disagree more with them not knowing what real life is. You listen to the life story of someone like Ian Wright and you almost marvel at how they make it to the top football wise considering the sacrifice required.

There are a few doc ie rashford, but not many.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024