Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers 17:23 - Mar 29 with 22252 viewsDylanP

Great performance today, for a really important win. But it is no surprise that our two goals came from defenders. I cannot remember a single shot from Frey or Armstrong and while both were influential, ultimately they are there to score goals. Both Willock and Chair had really good opportunities that they slashed at and skied it miles over the bar from close range. Again both had their moments, but in the end, balls in the back of the net speak loudest. We often talk about the elusive 20-goals-a-season striker but we aren't even close to having a 10-goals-a-season striker. Our top goalscorer this season is Chair with 5. That is pathetic.

This is the team that is going to keep us up and Marti is the man, but in the off-season job number 1 has to be to get a striker who can score goals.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 17:37 - Apr 1 with 2577 viewsted_hendrix

Our deficiencies up front our well known and I'm confident that they will be dealt with this Summer.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 17:43 - Apr 1 with 2510 viewsPunteR

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 17:37 - Apr 1 by ted_hendrix

Our deficiencies up front our well known and I'm confident that they will be dealt with this Summer.

Yeh, its pretty clear that's our weak spot.

Armstrong needs to go on loan and develop his game . Frey needs to get fit and maybe be judge him then. Dykes we know all about.
All 3 work hard, i just don't see the quality we need, if we want to do better next season.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 17:44 - Apr 1 with 2490 viewsGaryBannister86

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 17:43 - Apr 1 by PunteR

Yeh, its pretty clear that's our weak spot.

Armstrong needs to go on loan and develop his game . Frey needs to get fit and maybe be judge him then. Dykes we know all about.
All 3 work hard, i just don't see the quality we need, if we want to do better next season.

I wouldn't send Sinclair out on loan next season in a million years. We will need him and surely a decent chance he will improve pretty quickly.
We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 17:45 - Apr 1 with 2484 viewsDylanP

Its noticable that it was a defender who provided the goal again today. An absolute scorcher too. How come our defenders can score with really well taken shots but our strikers never do?

Did Dykes even have a single shot on target today? When was the last time he had a shot on target?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 17:47 - Apr 1 with 2448 viewsGaryBannister86

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 17:45 - Apr 1 by DylanP

Its noticable that it was a defender who provided the goal again today. An absolute scorcher too. How come our defenders can score with really well taken shots but our strikers never do?

Did Dykes even have a single shot on target today? When was the last time he had a shot on target?

Why carry on having a go at Dykes? We won the game, a game he started. Marti rates his role as important enough to give him a start away from home, so that's good enough for me.
We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 17:47 - Apr 1 with 2453 viewsflynnbo

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 17:45 - Apr 1 by DylanP

We win and you still moan-just enjoy the moment.
We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 17:52 - Apr 1 with 2389 viewsEsox_Lucius

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 17:08 - Apr 1 by DylanP

No doubt he works hard. But he just isn't very good. He isn't fast, he doesn't get into good positions, he doesn't do much off the ball or on the ball. So yes, he hustles up and down the field, but his impact is minimal.

Plus, he doesn't score very many

No-one has scored more than him yet.

The grass is always greener.

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 17:55 - Apr 1 with 2352 viewsstevenagehoop

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 17:37 - Apr 1 by ted_hendrix

Trouble is it hasn’t been dealt with for a number of years now - you’re more confident than I am that they will deal with it. We’ve still got six to go can’t rely on defenders in all those but it looks like we will have to.

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Login to get fewer ads

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 17:59 - Apr 1 with 2314 viewsPunteR

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 17:44 - Apr 1 by GaryBannister86

I wouldn't send Sinclair out on loan next season in a million years. We will need him and surely a decent chance he will improve pretty quickly.

He's been thrown into the deep end this season, which in itself is also good experience but there's a lot to his game that needs improving. He might improve pretty quickly next season, especially with decent coaches around him. I just feel a loan spell wouldn't hurt if we can get players in. Obviously if we cant get any championship standard strikers then we'll need him.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 18:04 - Apr 1 with 2264 viewsCiderwithRsie

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 17:55 - Apr 1 by stevenagehoop

Trouble is it hasn’t been dealt with for a number of years now - you’re more confident than I am that they will deal with it. We’ve still got six to go can’t rely on defenders in all those but it looks like we will have to.

Looking at Andersen, Hayden and Hodge I'm fairly confident that we're a lot better at transfers now than we have been for a few years.

Not sure how much money there'll be, but am I right in thinking that some of the FFP pressures ease as the summer of 2021 splurge on Charlie Austin and Johansen disappears in the rear view mirror?
We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 18:06 - Apr 1 with 2248 viewsdaveB

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 18:04 - Apr 1 by CiderwithRsie

Looking at Andersen, Hayden and Hodge I'm fairly confident that we're a lot better at transfers now than we have been for a few years.

Not sure how much money there'll be, but am I right in thinking that some of the FFP pressures ease as the summer of 2021 splurge on Charlie Austin and Johansen disappears in the rear view mirror?

We have a bit more wriggle room and a lot more if Eze goes for big money. Pep usually spends big if they don't win the league so hoping Liverpool hold on
We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 18:06 - Apr 1 with 2239 viewsStanisgod

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 20:20 - Mar 29 by Esox_Lucius

When has Dykes not put a shift in? After Chair, he works harder than anyone.

He's a number 9 FFS, as long as he scored the odd goal I couldn't care less if he ambled around reading the Times.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 18:17 - Apr 1 with 2217 viewsManinBlack

Szmodics has scored 23 goals for Blackburn and without him they would be in the bottom 3. Sunderland were there for the taking the other week and we couldn't score with some very tame shots on the day. Blackburn showed us how bad Sunderland are so we definitely lost two points on reflection.

Elsewhere Sims got his 13th goal in 10 games for Coventry but unfortunately for him his teammate scored two own goals. Birmingham got a lucky winner as the Preston defender slipped over on the halfway line allowing Stansfield a clear run on goal to score.

If Marti is to move this team forward next season than I do hope he can discover a striker who can score goals or it will be another struggle. It is bad enough defenders trying to stop the opposition without added pressure of them having to be match winners too. Marti can't perform miracles every year if we don't have anyone converting opportunities. It is our improved defence particularly away from home that is allowing us to win tight matches.

I see Sheffield Wednesday played three strikers today and lost so wonder if they will do the same against us? Anyway we have had a great Easter thanks to our defenders!
We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 18:25 - Apr 1 with 2183 viewsted_hendrix

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 17:55 - Apr 1 by stevenagehoop

No It hasn't been dealt with for a number of years yet, having said that we've all seen the players our current Manager brought In and for me that's where my confidence Is coming from, It's all too easy to go OTT and we are mathematically still not safe but I'm on fire after today's win and If I'm honest If we get relegated now (we won't) then we bloody well deserve to be relegated.
We might have got a bit of luck today with them hitting the crossbar but you don't get points for hitting the crossbar.
I'll take the odd wonky performance but a win In our current position all day long.
I see the future as bright.
At last.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 18:49 - Apr 1 with 2111 viewsVancouverHoop

We need more goal production, but if all you've got is what we have then you make do.

Precisely. Marti recognised this from day one. And has (partially) solved it by using defenders at offensive dead ball situations. We've seen three goals in the past two matches scored that way, but he's been sending Cook, Cannon, Jimmy D, Paal and others upfield since he arrived. The "strikers" run interference near goal for the backs who lurk on the periphery of the box. It's not an optimal solution but it's worked, especially since we now have Andersen who can who can loft a ball into the area with precision. He's made a massive difference.
[Post edited 1 Apr 18:55]
We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 22:02 - Apr 1 with 1932 viewsCiderwithRsie

Sorry, but I don't think that's the point.

I know where you're coming from: there's no point in slagging the bloke off, he's doing his best and I wish him well. Bitching about him when we win level a sour taste in my mouth and we don't have anyone notably better anyway.

But he just isn't what we need. I'm not convinced any of the others are either, though I think it's worth persisting with Armstrong to see if he can improve.

Dykes is our player and gets all my support so long as he's with us, I hope he gets a move that works out for him, but if we're still perming one of Dykes, Frey and Armstrong next year we are in for another relegation battle.

I've no doubt at all Cifuentes knows that and will act on it, he's clearly no fool.So I don't see any point in going on about the strikers in the meantime, but equally let's be realistic.
We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 22:12 - Apr 1 with 1866 viewsLazyFan

Dykes was tested out today by Marti.

Fully rested, no excuse and he came up wanting. Just wasn't ever really in the game. Marti also used this to test some others as well.

But I suspect the verdict is now out on Dykes by Marti. Frey and Armstrong are ahead and we shall sell Dykes in the summer.

zzzzzzzzzz

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 22:39 - Apr 1 with 1806 viewsbosh67

Dykes did us a favour (quite surprisingly) and signed a long term contract at the start of the season. He virtually came off his death bed last season after serious pneumonia and helped us get out of the sh*t we were in last season. This season he's never really got going apart from a few games but he just can't be consistent. However, he's a good guy, played after illness and committed himself to a long term contract, probably partly because he was hoping for a better season and that he'd fetch a decent price at the end of the season to help the club. So I have no ill feelings towards Dykes. I think he's genuinely tried to do the right thing by the club and hopefully we get more than we paid for him at the end of the season. I suspect he will go back to Scotland. Good luck to him.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 22:57 - Apr 1 with 1725 viewsParkRoyalR

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 22:12 - Apr 1 by LazyFan

Dykes was tested out today by Marti.

Fully rested, no excuse and he came up wanting. Just wasn't ever really in the game. Marti also used this to test some others as well.

But I suspect the verdict is now out on Dykes by Marti. Frey and Armstrong are ahead and we shall sell Dykes in the summer.

Do yourself and us a favour and watch the 2 minutes Sky Highlights, watch his movement for those two crosses which didn't come in from Chair + Smyth, watch him when Chair had that almost open goal, now cast your mind back to Frey's performance against Birmingham.
We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 23:23 - Apr 1 with 1673 viewsalexferguson60

I had a feeling that someone would bring up the paucity of the strike force.

But then it occurred to me: Who cares? I’m sure that the away end didn’t today
We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 23:40 - Apr 1 with 1634 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 17:47 - Apr 1 by GaryBannister86

Why carry on having a go at Dykes? We won the game, a game he started. Marti rates his role as important enough to give him a start away from home, so that's good enough for me.

But it’s ok to constantly have a go at Begovic?
We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 23:45 - Apr 2 with 1318 viewsPhil_i_P_Daddy

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 20:20 - Mar 29 by Esox_Lucius

When has Dykes not put a shift in? After Chair, he works harder than anyone.

You surely mean ‘when HAS Dykes put a shift in’?!
He’s been utter toilet from the moment we signed him!

However, it’s not his fault he keeps getting picked.

Phil_i_P

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 07:58 - Apr 3 with 1223 viewsGaryBannister86

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 23:40 - Apr 1 by Padulas_Shampoo

But it’s ok to constantly have a go at Begovic?

Well, to be fair, I have pointed out that (finally) he played an important role in our win on Monday. I am gracious enough to do that unlike the Dykes haters who even criticise him for not appearing on the goal celebration videos on Friday. Maybe he was "on his heels" which apparently he always is.

Give me a Dykes over a Begovic any time, I've not seen him do anything other than try his best and during that abysmal season last year he was there standing up to be counted even after a major illness. Of course he isn't brilliant, that is obvious, but I think he brings more to the table than he is given credit for. I see the early Frey praise for "running around more than Dykes" has already dissipated.

I don't need to reiterate why Begovic just-passing-through should get the same support.

To me, those who adore Begovic, or maybe even are Begovic (hello QPROslo, looking forward to your downvote) have an Ainsworth mentality. That we are just little old QPR and should be so grateful for an ex-Premier star to turn up and even as Captain he can do what he likes off the field because we are so lucky to have him.

Now, after finally winning us a game, we are meant to roll out the red carpet again. The bloke didn't make a save for months, nearly cost us 3 vital points at Leicester, but hey remember he was on the bench in the Champions League once.

Balls - can't wait for Walsh or Salomon next year.
We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 08:04 - Apr 3 with 1210 viewsEsox_Lucius

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 23:45 - Apr 2 by Phil_i_P_Daddy

You surely mean ‘when HAS Dykes put a shift in’?!
He’s been utter toilet from the moment we signed him!

However, it’s not his fault he keeps getting picked.

You've never seen him play have you?

The grass is always greener.

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 08:47 - Apr 3 with 1152 viewshubble

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 17:52 - Apr 1 by Esox_Lucius

No-one has scored more than him yet.

Errmm, yes they have: Ilias has scored 5.

Dykes has only scored 4 goals this season (so far), the same number as Paal and Willock.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024