Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There had better be blood and thunder ! 18:30 - Apr 6 with 2506 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62265/there-had-better-b

Ever get the feeling you’ve been cheated ? Click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
There had better be blood and thunder ! on 18:51 - Apr 6 with 1812 viewsReslovenSwan1

He was not too happy in this interview. Furious in fact. The players are going through the motions and he knows it. He has given too many too many opportunities while giving other no chance at all.

Wise sage since Toshack era

There had better be blood and thunder ! on 18:52 - Apr 6 with 1806 viewsonehunglow

There had better be blood and thunder ! on 18:51 - Apr 6 by ReslovenSwan1

He was not too happy in this interview. Furious in fact. The players are going through the motions and he knows it. He has given too many too many opportunities while giving other no chance at all.

Up to him then to solve matters

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

There had better be blood and thunder ! on 18:52 - Apr 6 with 1812 viewsbuilthjack

Short of saying he has a bunch of useless lazy barstewards, he is right.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

There had better be blood and thunder ! on 19:14 - Apr 6 with 1747 viewsblackpooljack

There had better be blood and thunder ! on 18:52 - Apr 6 by builthjack

Short of saying he has a bunch of useless lazy barstewards, he is right.

He knows this because of the last few performances and yet he still picks the same players.. Reflects very badly on Williams.
There had better be blood and thunder ! on 19:17 - Apr 6 with 1742 viewsKeithHaynes

There had better be blood and thunder ! on 19:14 - Apr 6 by blackpooljack

He knows this because of the last few performances and yet he still picks the same players.. Reflects very badly on Williams.

Another point which remains a mystery. Well said.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

There had better be blood and thunder ! on 19:43 - Apr 6 with 1688 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I wonder what the half time team talk was like.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

There had better be blood and thunder ! on 19:51 - Apr 6 with 1661 viewsunion_jack

I don’t understand why he was commenting on the Boro ground being a PL ground or was he referring to Boro not turning up either (which compounded his anger no doubt).

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

There had better be blood and thunder ! on 20:09 - Apr 6 with 1627 viewsKeithHaynes

There had better be blood and thunder ! on 19:51 - Apr 6 by union_jack

I don’t understand why he was commenting on the Boro ground being a PL ground or was he referring to Boro not turning up either (which compounded his anger no doubt).

He’s relating the stadium and surface as to something that the players should respond to ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

There had better be blood and thunder ! on 20:12 - Apr 6 with 1617 viewsBillyChong

Ken Gude’s culture change seems to be having a big impact
There had better be blood and thunder ! on 02:23 - Apr 7 with 1368 viewsjackrmee

There had better be blood and thunder ! on 19:14 - Apr 6 by blackpooljack

In fairness, they played superb 2 matches ago, then 2 shite. That’s when his head went. Doesn’t get it. Seems about right to me

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

There had better be blood and thunder ! on 02:30 - Apr 7 with 1366 viewsjackrmee

There had better be blood and thunder ! on 19:51 - Apr 6 by union_jack

I think he was saying neither team turned up, but didn’t want to speak about them, just us.
I think he was just flabbergasted at the performance of so called second tier players. He gave them the benefit of the doubt against Wednesday and qpr for the complete change in level from the Cardiff game, but I he couldn’t do it any longer.

I really like the guy, I must say.
I hope his management skills aren’t as bad as these players are making them look.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

There had better be blood and thunder ! on 02:32 - Apr 7 with 1365 viewsjackrmee

There had better be blood and thunder ! on 20:09 - Apr 6 by KeithHaynes

He’s relating the stadium and surface as to something that the players should respond to ?

Stadium comment imo was to state that the fans come here expecting more.
Pitch comment was to state that we have no excuses like maybe we did against Sheffield we’d, as their pitch was bad.

There had better be blood and thunder ! on 07:07 - Apr 7 with 1313 viewsjack247

There had better be blood and thunder ! on 02:30 - Apr 7 by jackrmee

I think he was saying neither team turned up, but didn’t want to speak about them, just us.
I think he was just flabbergasted at the performance of so called second tier players. He gave them the benefit of the doubt against Wednesday and qpr for the complete change in level from the Cardiff game, but I he couldn’t do it any longer.

I really like the guy, I must say.
I hope his management skills aren’t as bad as these players are making them look.

Yes, I interpreted it as ‘Boro weren’t up to much and were there for the taking, which makes our performance worse’.

I don’t like this type of interview. Appreciate it was soon after the game and he was frustrated. Give them a bollocking, beast them in training, do whatever, but repeatedly calling them out in public invariably ends one way.
There had better be blood and thunder ! on 07:57 - Apr 7 with 1270 viewsWhiterockin

There had better be blood and thunder ! on 07:07 - Apr 7 by jack247

Yes, I interpreted it as ‘Boro weren’t up to much and were there for the taking, which makes our performance worse’.

I don’t like this type of interview. Appreciate it was soon after the game and he was frustrated. Give them a bollocking, beast them in training, do whatever, but repeatedly calling them out in public invariably ends one way.

I have to disagree there mate. If he didn't call them out in public Williams would be slated for not caring and being weak.
There had better be blood and thunder ! on 09:22 - Apr 7 with 1205 viewsjackrmee

There had better be blood and thunder ! on 07:07 - Apr 7 by jack247

I don’t think he’s done this repeatedly.
This is the first time he’s been really angry and upset. I think previously, he thought he could just make a few tweaks and give them a bit of motivation, but 3 poor performances, topped off by that shower of shite.

I really think he didn’t have a choice there.
He was asked questions, which made him furious.
Personally, I think he said the right thing.
It’s honesty.
THERE’D BETTER BE BLOOD AND THUNDER.

I can see some changes to the team next time out, along with more changes to the players who don’t work hard enough.

Those players need to see how they are affecting others with their drab and toothless displays. Well done LW for holding it together and saying the right things imo

There had better be blood and thunder ! on 09:23 - Apr 7 with 1204 viewsjackrmee

There had better be blood and thunder ! on 07:57 - Apr 7 by Whiterockin

I have to disagree there mate. If he didn't call them out in public Williams would be slated for not caring and being weak.

Yes. And it’s not like he does it all the time. He is ilusially very soft and protecting of the player I thought.
This is out of character and definitely made me notice. Surely the players must have too
They deserve to be under that bus right now tbh

There had better be blood and thunder ! on 12:11 - Apr 7 with 1085 viewsunion_jack

There had better be blood and thunder ! on 09:23 - Apr 7 by jackrmee

Yes. And it’s not like he does it all the time. He is ilusially very soft and protecting of the player I thought.
This is out of character and definitely made me notice. Surely the players must have too
They deserve to be under that bus right now tbh

It sounded a ‘very much from the heart’ reaction which has certainly been noticed. It’s very much welcomed by me.

There had better be blood and thunder ! on 12:17 - Apr 7 with 1071 viewsTreforys_Jack

He picks the team, so why would he expect a different performance from starting Yates and Fulton, neither should be anywhere near the starting 11.
There had better be blood and thunder ! on 12:18 - Apr 7 with 1063 viewsOptimisticJack

There had better be blood and thunder ! on 12:11 - Apr 7 by union_jack

It sounded a ‘very much from the heart’ reaction which has certainly been noticed. It’s very much welcomed by me.

Too many players uncertain about their futures and looking beyond to next season.
The backbone of our team have an uncertain future
4 loan players not in the reckoning for whatever reason.
Not a healthy position for a manager to have to put up with
I understand the managers frustration yesterday.
I shared his sentiments.

Optimisticjack

There had better be blood and thunder ! on 13:13 - Apr 7 with 994 viewsSullutaCreturned

There's more likely to be thud and blunder.
There had better be blood and thunder ! on 13:16 - Apr 7 with 981 viewsunion_jack

There had better be blood and thunder ! on 13:13 - Apr 7 by SullutaCreturned

There's more likely to be thud and blunder.

There had better be blood and thunder ! on 13:21 - Apr 7 with 972 viewsjackrmee

There had better be blood and thunder ! on 12:17 - Apr 7 by Treforys_Jack

He picks the team, so why would he expect a different performance from starting Yates and Fulton, neither should be anywhere near the starting 11.

He expected more effort, that’s all.
He didn’t get it and that upset him more than we all think I reckon.
He is probably questioning himself as a coach and a manager, if the players react like that. Of course he has to harbour some of the blame, but imo, not much. The blame is on the players complete lack of care and respect for themselves and the club. Pathetic

There had better be blood and thunder ! on 17:45 - Apr 7 with 865 viewsQJumpingJack

There had better be blood and thunder ! on 13:21 - Apr 7 by jackrmee

He is probably questioning himself as a coach and a manager, if the players react like that. Of course he has to harbour some of the blame, but imo, not much. The blame is on the players complete lack of care and respect for themselves and the club. Pathetic

Surely Gude has to take some responsibility as Chief Of Staff?

His main role is to create a winning culture and we are much further away than that compared to 12 months ago.
There had better be blood and thunder ! on 17:49 - Apr 7 with 864 viewsSullutaCreturned

There had better be blood and thunder ! on 13:21 - Apr 7 by jackrmee

Perhaps several of the players are reacting to the constant selection of certain players who have offered very little to the team?

Perhaps the players are reacting to tactics and strategy?

The point being that they all carry the blame, it's collective.
There had better be blood and thunder ! on 21:44 - Apr 7 with 775 viewsjackrmee

There had better be blood and thunder ! on 17:45 - Apr 7 by QJumpingJack

Surely Gude has to take some responsibility as Chief Of Staff?

His main role is to create a winning culture and we are much further away than that compared to 12 months ago.

Yes, but I blame them for other things.
I can’t see how Gude could have motivated the players during or before a game. It’s actually more than motivation. They just didn’t turn up.
Not sure Gude can do anything with that

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024