Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coming out of the ground today. 19:44 - Feb 16 with 4145 viewsted_hendrix

As a rule when I leave the ground I talk to other fans or listen to what they say as in general you get some pretty decent views of how different fans have seen us play.
A bloke said to me as we shuffled miserably up LR something along the lines.
"Look mate, we haven't played well for a long time as we didn't again today, Its not that we've been found out or anything Its just the way it is, in fact we're pretty lucky to still be in third place"
Thing is as I drove down the M4 thinking about what he said I reckon he's just about got it right.
As Leicester and Burnley slowly disappear over the horizon and the clubs below us slowly catch us up what do others think?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Coming out of the ground today. on 19:50 - Feb 16 with 3403 viewsWeaverQPR

I just think Dads Army has run out of legs. Redknapp doesnt know how to change a game thats getting away from him and making three changes every week is poor management when others have settled sides.

@WeavQPR

Coming out of the ground today. on 19:52 - Feb 16 with 3372 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I haven't seen enough of the other teams to be sure, Ted, but every time we play a contender we struggle for shape, tempo pace, desire and good old-fashioned stubbornness.

Most games I see in the last few years whether live or on the box the other team are more vocal than us, more organised and more committed. The exception was the spell when McClaren was here. Either side of that we've looked aimless, listless and rudderless.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Coming out of the ground today. on 20:01 - Feb 16 with 3293 viewsFredManRave

The bloke could be proved right as soon as Tuesday regarding us being lucky to be in 3rd place. Derby win on Tuesday eveing and we're in 4th. Leicester win (unlikely, obviously but knowing our luck....) on Wednesday and we're 5th...

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Coming out of the ground today. on 20:03 - Feb 16 with 3266 viewsbaz_qpr

We've gone from extremely dull tikki taka 0-0 and 1-0 to neanderthal 4-4-2 without the players to play it. Undone today by straightforward route 1 football and defence playing so deep they were virtually on the goal line
Coming out of the ground today. on 20:14 - Feb 16 with 3176 viewsGloucs_R

Its easy to play against us.

Wait for ball
Run at defence
Send striker in between CB's
Put ball in between 2 slow CB's
Score goal
Repeat

We have been caught out by basic movement in the past 3 games.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Coming out of the ground today. on 20:18 - Feb 16 with 3132 viewsJAMIE_MARLEY

Coming out of the ground today. on 20:14 - Feb 16 by Gloucs_R

Its easy to play against us.

Wait for ball
Run at defence
Send striker in between CB's
Put ball in between 2 slow CB's
Score goal
Repeat

We have been caught out by basic movement in the past 3 games.

Can't disagree - we are lucky to be 3rd. though i suspect that won't be for long. i thought we'd left this all behind last season.

Coming out of the ground today. on 20:19 - Feb 16 with 3114 viewsJuzzie

Last summer most people reckoned we do well to finish top 6. That's where we may end up.

Problem is we had such a good start to the season it put so much expectation and pressure on the club/team.
Look at Reading, been top 6 pretty much all season and kept under the radar while everyone's attention has been on us, Leicester, burley, derby.

Had we maintained a steady top 6 place all season I don't think people would be so critical now.

However, we now have the problem of the team going into free fall after heads going down after the good start.
Coming out of the ground today. on 20:19 - Feb 16 with 3117 viewsPizanti

If we concede first we generally lose... Harry doesn't have a plan B or seem to know how to change a game once behind which is what we have been to all the contenders bar Derby at home... It's worth noting that we never played any of the contenders when McLaren was here.
Login to get fewer ads

Coming out of the ground today. on 20:31 - Feb 16 with 3047 viewsYorkRanger

There have been few games where we have played really well. The whole strategy has hinged on not conceding goals and nicking a goal here and there. Once the defence started to give way then the problems started..
[Post edited 16 Feb 2014 20:37]
Coming out of the ground today. on 20:47 - Feb 16 with 2926 viewsted_hendrix

What also concerns me is our lack of goals, we've only hit the onion bag 37 times this season.
Taking into account losing Austin, Phillips, Simpson and Faurlin would be a huge loss to any team I suppose, four players almost automatically on the team sheet.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Coming out of the ground today. on 20:54 - Feb 16 with 2870 viewsPommyhoop

Coming out of the ground today. on 20:47 - Feb 16 by ted_hendrix

What also concerns me is our lack of goals, we've only hit the onion bag 37 times this season.
Taking into account losing Austin, Phillips, Simpson and Faurlin would be a huge loss to any team I suppose, four players almost automatically on the team sheet.

Only Austin and Simpson were automatic starts on H's teamsheet.He tinkered about with Philips a fair bit and Ale was definately not a fancy for H.I know that these 4 should automatically of been picked and you do but H didnt and that is quite scary tbh.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Coming out of the ground today. on 20:56 - Feb 16 with 2851 viewsbosh67

Coming out of the ground today. on 19:52 - Feb 16 by BrianMcCarthy

I haven't seen enough of the other teams to be sure, Ted, but every time we play a contender we struggle for shape, tempo pace, desire and good old-fashioned stubbornness.

Most games I see in the last few years whether live or on the box the other team are more vocal than us, more organised and more committed. The exception was the spell when McClaren was here. Either side of that we've looked aimless, listless and rudderless.

Absolutely agree with this, Brian. We are really missing McClaren. We weren't exciting but we had a new side that could keep it tight and grind out results because the players had positional discipline - or good coaching. Now that the side doesn't have him and has settled, we are going backwards.

Ekotto is the baby of the defence at just shy of 30 (next month). Barton had far too much work to do in midfield with Nikko wobbling about losing the ball. Doyle would be a great foil for Charlie. Keane looked fine and got taken off. Zamora, bless him, is truly past it.

I have always worried with Harry that he simply doesn't have a plan B and I am starting to wonder if he knows what plan A is. Considering he is known for producing attacking sides we spent the last 25 minutes against 10 men and got one shot on target. We put our only half decent player (Traore) back to left back and instead of having any pace on the left brought on Yossi, who is a right footed midfielder. Not Yossi's fault but we had another striker on the bench and should have been getting the ball into the area. But, we didn't have any shape or a clue.

Much as I am not a fan of the fakes, they fully deserved to beat us.

God help us going up because this side, as it is now, will get totally battered week in week out. The basic problem, I think, is that we are too old. We play against teams with younger, quicker and hungrier players.

A bit worrying but weirdly unexpected after losing the likes of Austin.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Coming out of the ground today. on 21:03 - Feb 16 with 2790 viewsSpiritofGregory

Coming out of the ground today. on 20:19 - Feb 16 by Juzzie

Last summer most people reckoned we do well to finish top 6. That's where we may end up.

Problem is we had such a good start to the season it put so much expectation and pressure on the club/team.
Look at Reading, been top 6 pretty much all season and kept under the radar while everyone's attention has been on us, Leicester, burley, derby.

Had we maintained a steady top 6 place all season I don't think people would be so critical now.

However, we now have the problem of the team going into free fall after heads going down after the good start.

We are failing miserably because of the boards transfer policy, they've made the same mistakes time and time again. We did well early on in the season because of Charlie and a very kind fixture list - how many times did we scrape a win, our wins weren't convincing.

We haven't won a game since Charlie's injury, just shows how poor our squad is. The players are getting paid handsomely and delivering garbage. But then again, we all know that you can't polish a turd.
Coming out of the ground today. on 21:07 - Feb 16 with 2756 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Coming out of the ground today. on 20:56 - Feb 16 by bosh67

Absolutely agree with this, Brian. We are really missing McClaren. We weren't exciting but we had a new side that could keep it tight and grind out results because the players had positional discipline - or good coaching. Now that the side doesn't have him and has settled, we are going backwards.

Ekotto is the baby of the defence at just shy of 30 (next month). Barton had far too much work to do in midfield with Nikko wobbling about losing the ball. Doyle would be a great foil for Charlie. Keane looked fine and got taken off. Zamora, bless him, is truly past it.

I have always worried with Harry that he simply doesn't have a plan B and I am starting to wonder if he knows what plan A is. Considering he is known for producing attacking sides we spent the last 25 minutes against 10 men and got one shot on target. We put our only half decent player (Traore) back to left back and instead of having any pace on the left brought on Yossi, who is a right footed midfielder. Not Yossi's fault but we had another striker on the bench and should have been getting the ball into the area. But, we didn't have any shape or a clue.

Much as I am not a fan of the fakes, they fully deserved to beat us.

God help us going up because this side, as it is now, will get totally battered week in week out. The basic problem, I think, is that we are too old. We play against teams with younger, quicker and hungrier players.

A bit worrying but weirdly unexpected after losing the likes of Austin.

Good God, Bosh, did we really move Traore to left-back?

I was hoping that we just went to a back three of Hughes, Dunne and Hill but couldn't make it out on the box.

Coming out of the ground today. on 21:08 - Feb 16 with 2751 viewsfrancisbowles

Just a minor point but we didn't put Traore at left back, we went three at the back with Hill on the left.
Coming out of the ground today. on 21:22 - Feb 16 with 2652 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Coming out of the ground today. on 21:08 - Feb 16 by francisbowles

Just a minor point but we didn't put Traore at left back, we went three at the back with Hill on the left.

Ok, 3-5-2 then? That would make more sense.

Coming out of the ground today. on 06:17 - Feb 17 with 2189 viewsRangersAreBack

Didn't seem to make a blind bit of difference. Reading comfortably saw out the final 20 minutes with few scares.
Coming out of the ground today. on 07:22 - Feb 17 with 2135 viewsheadhoops

I said repeatedly pre season all the players Harry was bringing in were too old - with 2exceptions Charlie and Phillips. With those two out we are ponderous, predictable and Harry does not have a clue , who to play and how to change a game. Our midfield excluding Barton is shocking. We have a large squad and even with 8-9 loans we are dreadful to watch. We,ve become dads army led by corporal jones. Don't panic!

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Coming out of the ground today. on 07:52 - Feb 17 with 2039 viewsQPR_John

Coming out of the ground today. on 21:03 - Feb 16 by SpiritofGregory

We are failing miserably because of the boards transfer policy, they've made the same mistakes time and time again. We did well early on in the season because of Charlie and a very kind fixture list - how many times did we scrape a win, our wins weren't convincing.

We haven't won a game since Charlie's injury, just shows how poor our squad is. The players are getting paid handsomely and delivering garbage. But then again, we all know that you can't polish a turd.

"We are failing miserably because of the boards transfer policy"

Really is it not Redknapp's transfer policy
Coming out of the ground today. on 08:18 - Feb 17 with 1971 viewsRangersAreBack

Coming out of the ground today. on 07:52 - Feb 17 by QPR_John

The manager provides the board with possible targets. The job of the board is to decide whether to pursue these targets based on a transfer policy. Unfortunately this board has had its pants pulled down by both Hughes and (to a lesser extent) Harry.
Coming out of the ground today. on 09:13 - Feb 17 with 1877 viewsbaz_qpr

Actually its the successive policy of Warnock Hughes and Redknapp, to buy "proven" premiership names.

Balance is wrong, and just goes to show what an awful transfer window we had
Coming out of the ground today. on 09:16 - Feb 17 with 1858 viewsRangersw12

Coming out of the ground today. on 07:52 - Feb 17 by QPR_John

I would say both are to blame

It was the same under Hughes the board wants big names and a quick fix they don't seem to have a long term plan bar sound bites about a new ground and training facilities

No mention of how the youth set up will start producing players for the 1st team or how they will put procedures and a structure into the club so we don't have wholesale changes every time we sack a manager

TF is a good PR man but a terrible chairman
Coming out of the ground today. on 09:26 - Feb 17 with 1815 viewsQPR_John

Coming out of the ground today. on 08:18 - Feb 17 by RangersAreBack

The manager provides the board with possible targets. The job of the board is to decide whether to pursue these targets based on a transfer policy. Unfortunately this board has had its pants pulled down by both Hughes and (to a lesser extent) Harry.

We have had this argument before. If the board do not back the manager then wait for the reaction here.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2014 9:27]
Coming out of the ground today. on 14:33 - Feb 17 with 1593 viewsBrightonhoop

Think he's got it just about right too, Ted. Losing at home to Reading is dire.
No one can or should be held to account for the injury to Austin, but the over reliance on a single player was always inviting disaster, which is now unfolding.
No way are we going up out of the Play-Offs. Burnley, who I fully expected to burn brightly and fade, have proved me wrong.
We're in trouble. TF stated there was no Plan B, that we were to bounce straight back up. It might just have been bluster, and he must have a Plan B, I just hope it isn't cutting his losses and bailing out.
Coming out of the ground today. on 14:41 - Feb 17 with 1569 viewsGloucs_R

Coming out of the ground today. on 14:33 - Feb 17 by Brightonhoop

Think he's got it just about right too, Ted. Losing at home to Reading is dire.
No one can or should be held to account for the injury to Austin, but the over reliance on a single player was always inviting disaster, which is now unfolding.
No way are we going up out of the Play-Offs. Burnley, who I fully expected to burn brightly and fade, have proved me wrong.
We're in trouble. TF stated there was no Plan B, that we were to bounce straight back up. It might just have been bluster, and he must have a Plan B, I just hope it isn't cutting his losses and bailing out.

Doyle could take on Austins role. 2/3 isnt a bad return so far and actually better than Austin did at the start of the season. The problem is the formation and the players.

Poll: Are we staying up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024