Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF 13:06 - Aug 1 with 8409 viewsbloberts

I'm not at all bothered if he leaves to a top 6 PL team, or a top foreign club. However if he moves to a team like Newcastle I will lose the faith, selling our best player to a team who we're competing against? It's making me mad just thinking about it...

Poll: Who did you vote for as player of the season?

If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 07:58 - Aug 2 with 2127 viewsQPR_John

If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 00:58 - Aug 2 by rsonist

At 27 and with the ambitions that he has I don't think there's any chance of Remy ever "settling down" with us and really becoming part of the club.

However if it's a choice between us and Newcastle we can continue to offer a marriage of convenience. Rather than go up north again and make a stricter commitment to a superficially bigger club where he'll still not ever get into the Champions League, he can stay with us another year, score the goals that establish us in the Prem and then if a proper big club comes back in for him he can leave for the right price as previously arranged. Win-win.

I suppose he might be worried that we'll be that much worse compared to Newcastle (who have signed some very decent players this summer in fairness) that we'll make him look bad even despite his talents...

How bad were we the last he play for us and he looked pretty good then
If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 20:02 - Aug 3 with 2045 viewsHAYESBOY

pic.twitter.com/a89QiWL0iw

Better late than never I suppose.

Edit : Not sure if the above will work but he is on QPR Official twitterthingymabob.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2014 20:03]

Smells like a trout farm in here

If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 20:21 - Aug 3 with 1988 viewsbosh67

Well, at least he can't drive himself away from us now.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 20:37 - Aug 3 with 1948 viewsAntti_Heinola

If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 13:16 - Aug 1 by Juzzie

It's completely player-power these days. It doesn't matter what a Manager or Chairman can do. Let's face it, we've got naff training facilities and an aeging stadium. We, the fans, may love Loftus Road but it means nothing to a footballer.

As daveB said, we're not eaxactly the prettiest girl in the room.

It's not complete player power. That's a nonsense. Clubs can give out whatever contracts they want - it's their own fault if they get that wrong.

Bare bones.

If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 21:01 - Aug 3 with 1881 viewsJamie

If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 20:37 - Aug 3 by Antti_Heinola

It's not complete player power. That's a nonsense. Clubs can give out whatever contracts they want - it's their own fault if they get that wrong.

Not another poster suggesting a Remy came for the money..

He came because 'uncle Tone' is a bantersaurus.

ATAF.
If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 22:34 - Aug 3 with 1757 viewsJuzzie

If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 20:37 - Aug 3 by Antti_Heinola

And players/agents I'm sure dictate the terms of that contract or they won't sign for the club.
If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 23:13 - Aug 3 with 1671 viewsrsonist

The more I think about it the surer I am he'll end up at Spurs. Staying in London will probably be enough for him plus Levy has a whole skip of tat like Dawson Townsend and Naughton he'll want to swap.
If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 00:02 - Aug 4 with 1611 viewsRangersAreBack

Spurs is probably the only reasonable option now. Even if Newcastle meet the release clause (a big if with Mike Ashley), I doubt they'd match his current wages. Plus there's the London factor.
Login to get fewer ads

If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 00:09 - Aug 4 with 1597 viewsWeaverQPR

If he wants out then get him out asap and get people in who give a fck.

@WeavQPR

If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 00:47 - Aug 4 with 1553 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 00:09 - Aug 4 by WeaverQPR

If he wants out then get him out asap and get people in who give a fck.

When are you going to learn, no one gives a fck which team they play for. The best you can hope for is someone who gives a fck when they get on the pitch. I'd put LR in that category.

It's got to be Yarg

If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 02:00 - Aug 4 with 1512 viewsDylanP

If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 22:34 - Aug 3 by Juzzie

And players/agents I'm sure dictate the terms of that contract or they won't sign for the club.

Surely the contract thing is just normal supply and demand. If the player is in demand, then they can dictate the terms of the contract. And if the player is not in demand then the team can dictate the terms. So, Remy could hold us over a barrel and demand really good terms, from his perspective, but someone like Harriman has very little choice and has to concede to whatever terms the club wants to impose. Between those two extremes, i suppose it depends on how skillful you or your agent is at negotiating and so on.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 07:22 - Aug 4 with 1462 viewsjonno

If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 13:16 - Aug 1 by Juzzie

It's completely player-power these days. It doesn't matter what a Manager or Chairman can do. Let's face it, we've got naff training facilities and an aeging stadium. We, the fans, may love Loftus Road but it means nothing to a footballer.

As daveB said, we're not eaxactly the prettiest girl in the room.

We were pretty enough when he signed a four year contract with us.
If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 08:00 - Aug 4 with 1421 viewsQPR_John

If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 00:47 - Aug 4 by Cornish_oooRRRR

When are you going to learn, no one gives a fck which team they play for. The best you can hope for is someone who gives a fck when they get on the pitch. I'd put LR in that category.

Give up you'll never convince some people.
If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 09:42 - Aug 4 with 1349 viewsJamie

If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 07:22 - Aug 4 by jonno

We were pretty enough when he signed a four year contract with us.

On monumental wages with a very generous release clause.
If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 10:08 - Aug 4 with 1322 viewstimcocking

If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 00:47 - Aug 4 by Cornish_oooRRRR

I assume what he meant was, somebody who views playing in the premier league for QPR at xxxxxk per week as a glorious opportunity and a step up, example perhaps our Charlie, as opposed to somebody, like Remy/Taarabt presumably, who view it as beneath them and feel their talents deserve a bigger/better club.
If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 12:22 - Aug 4 with 1240 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 10:08 - Aug 4 by timcocking

I assume what he meant was, somebody who views playing in the premier league for QPR at xxxxxk per week as a glorious opportunity and a step up, example perhaps our Charlie, as opposed to somebody, like Remy/Taarabt presumably, who view it as beneath them and feel their talents deserve a bigger/better club.

Yes, I can see there is a subtle distinction. But I get the impression with Remy that once he is on the pitch he gives his all and doesn't sulk/daydream about where he thinks he should be.

It's got to be Yarg

If Remy moves I'll lose faith in TF on 12:25 - Aug 4 with 1233 viewswhittocksRs

He has a release clause for any team in the Premier League, sliding scale up from £8m for a top 4 club, £11m for 5th and 6th place teams and £15m for the rest... so it won't be TF's fault if Newcastle stump up and Remy wants to leave.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024