Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Roy Keane 08:54 - Oct 10 with 6908 viewsWokingR

Always thought of Roy Keane as a bit of a nutjob however information has just come to light leading me to fall completely in love with the man

"Aston Villa assistant boss Roy Keane says Jose Mourinho is a "disgrace" and the Chelsea manager was lucky he did not punch him when he attempted to shake his hand before the end of Villa's 3-0 defeat at Stamford Bridge last month. (Daily Telegraph)"
Roy Keane on 08:57 - Oct 10 with 4664 viewsimustbemad

Keane is box office. Fantastic leader of men, driven mostly by fear of failure but definitely a couple of sambos short of a picnic.

What he says about Mourinho is spot on. Leaving before the game ends? WTF.
Roy Keane on 09:04 - Oct 10 with 4641 viewsMytch_QPR

I heard a bit of the interview with him on 5 Live yesterday evening - a lot of talk about Ferguson talking nonsense and how everyone was scared to speak out against him etc, but fails to explain why he never spoke out when he was there!

He said that if he saw Ferguson today he would ' probably have a bit of a go at him' - steady on there, Roy.

In terms of Mourinho, actions speak louder than words.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Roy Keane on 09:09 - Oct 10 with 4623 viewsPommyhoop

I'm going to get hold of his book for definate. I've always liked Roy. A real person. Apparently his latest book explores his 'weaker side',insecurities and all that...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Roy Keane on 09:13 - Oct 10 with 4601 views1BobbyHazell

“I rang Mark Hughes. Robbie [Savage] wasn’t in the Blackburn team and I asked Mark if we could try to arrange a deal. Sparky said: ‘Yeah, yeah, he’s lost his way here but he could still do a job for you.’ Robbie’s legs were going a bit but I thought he might come up to us [at Sunderland], with his long hair, and give us a lift — the way Yorkie [Dwight Yorke] had, a big personality in the dressing room. Sparky gave me permission to give him a call. So I got Robbie’s mobile number and rang him. It went to his voicemail: ‘Hi, it’s Robbie — whazzup!’ like the Budweiser ad. I never called him back. I thought: ‘I can’t be fcuking signing that.’”
Roy Keane on 09:14 - Oct 10 with 4597 viewssmegma

Roy Keane on 09:09 - Oct 10 by Pommyhoop

I'm going to get hold of his book for definate. I've always liked Roy. A real person. Apparently his latest book explores his 'weaker side',insecurities and all that...

I think he's an A1 prize c-nt. what he did to Alfe Inge Haaland was scandalous and he got away with it because of who he played for. Puts his feelings about the incident in a book and the authorities did jack. He deliberately went to hurt the player and did some serious damage. In any other walk of life he would've been banged up.

Also walked out of the Irish squad before the Japan WC.
Roy Keane on 09:21 - Oct 10 with 4571 viewsdanehoop

Roy Keane on 09:14 - Oct 10 by smegma

I think he's an A1 prize c-nt. what he did to Alfe Inge Haaland was scandalous and he got away with it because of who he played for. Puts his feelings about the incident in a book and the authorities did jack. He deliberately went to hurt the player and did some serious damage. In any other walk of life he would've been banged up.

This.

Never knowingly understood

Roy Keane on 09:25 - Oct 10 with 4558 viewsPommyhoop

Roy Keane on 09:21 - Oct 10 by danehoop

This.

Roy Keane on 09:42 - Oct 10 with 4513 viewsToast_R

Roy Keane on 09:25 - Oct 10 by Pommyhoop

Hated him as a Man Utd player but grown to like him since he left.

Always says what he thinks and he's usually spot on.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2014 9:45]
Login to get fewer ads

Roy Keane on 09:45 - Oct 10 with 4501 viewsbillericaydicky

Roy Keane on 09:14 - Oct 10 by smegma

Agree - he should have been jailed for that vicious assault.

Sorry Roy, but you can stick your book up your jacksy.
Roy Keane on 09:48 - Oct 10 with 4487 viewsPommyhoop

Roy Keane on 09:42 - Oct 10 by Toast_R

Hated him as a Man Utd player but grown to like him since he left.

Always says what he thinks and he's usually spot on.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2014 9:45]

Thats about my stance Toast..Good man yourself!!

Roy Keane on 09:55 - Oct 10 with 4465 viewsToast_R

Roy Keane on 09:48 - Oct 10 by Pommyhoop

Thats about my stance Toast..Good man yourself!!

If he was QPR manager at the moment, wouldn't you rather listen to his press conferences then the bull sh*t we get to hear from Harry twice a week?
Roy Keane on 10:10 - Oct 10 with 4427 viewsPommyhoop

Roy Keane on 09:55 - Oct 10 by Toast_R

If he was QPR manager at the moment, wouldn't you rather listen to his press conferences then the bull sh*t we get to hear from Harry twice a week?

Indeed.And his walk out in Saipan was about training and facilities.
TRAINING!!! we f'cking wish.
FACILITIES!! He might get a spade dug in Warren Farm..

Roy Keane on 10:12 - Oct 10 with 4415 viewsdermyqpr

Complex guy who demanded the highest standards. I like Roy Keane and I know he is not everybody`s cup of tea. Does not suffer fools gladly.
About Mourinho.....enough said.
Haagland incident was brutal in its intensity. Obvioius he meant to smash him and the dogs on the street knew it was coming. I think he would have taken it down a notch or two if he could go back in time.
The Saipan thing has been widely debated. He made a stand against the tools running the FAI. He hightlighted the failings that were going on. He had backed himself in to a corner and regretfully that ended the World Cup for him. Divided the country etc.
Roy Keane on 10:37 - Oct 10 with 4365 viewsAntti_Heinola

He's a thug, and that's it, really. Thinks violence solves things.
Knob of the highest order, and a sh!t manager to boot.

Bare bones.

Roy Keane on 10:54 - Oct 10 with 4331 viewsToast_R

Not really "it" though is it considering he won 7 Premier League medals, 4 fa cups and a Champions League. At some point he must have been a decent footballer?
Roy Keane on 11:24 - Oct 10 with 4266 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Jason McAteer has an amusing story about him.

Roy Keane on 11:35 - Oct 10 with 4230 viewsbob566

i love Roy Keane. Think he is a right character. The haaland thing was very wrong though.

Think he'll mellow alot at villa and with ireland.

Think he'll get a shot in the future in mgt again and will succeed.

As he'd tell you himself a very limited footballer who turned himself into one of the best in the world. What's not to like.

If any of our players showed even 10% of his work rate we wouldn't be in the situation we currently find ourselves in.
Roy Keane on 11:36 - Oct 10 with 4226 viewsBrianMcCarthy

My mate, who knows nothing about sports, asked me the other day if Keane was actually slipping into madness. I had no answer. I mean, how could we tell?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Roy Keane on 11:38 - Oct 10 with 4214 viewsTacticalR

Roy Keane on 11:36 - Oct 10 by BrianMcCarthy

My mate, who knows nothing about sports, asked me the other day if Keane was actually slipping into madness. I had no answer. I mean, how could we tell?

Air hostess clique

Roy Keane on 11:51 - Oct 10 with 4189 viewsdanehoop

Mmm, interesting selection of opinions and it allowed me time to reconsider my views.
I have decided that this is in fact a much better synopsis.

Never knowingly understood

Roy Keane on 11:57 - Oct 10 with 4174 viewskomradkirk

Roy Keane on 11:38 - Oct 10 by TacticalR

Ra Ra Rasputin Russia's greatest love machine
Roy Keane on 11:59 - Oct 10 with 4168 viewslondonscottish

Roy Keane on 11:24 - Oct 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

Jason McAteer has an amusing story about him.

Hilarious :-)

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Roy Keane on 12:12 - Oct 10 with 4141 viewsPommyhoop

I always liked the way he faced the media after Saipan .Just took the labradors out for a walk. And there was loads of them .Maradonna wouldve shot at them with an air gun .Beckham would've disapeared to Marakesh or Milan or somewhere or called MI 5.
Roy just takes the dogs out for a walk..
Fair play Roy I've got a Lab too .You gotta get them out .....

Roy Keane on 12:12 - Oct 10 with 4140 viewsAntti_Heinola

Roy Keane on 10:54 - Oct 10 by Toast_R

Not really "it" though is it considering he won 7 Premier League medals, 4 fa cups and a Champions League. At some point he must have been a decent footballer?

thought we were discussing his personality?
He was of course an incredible footballer. The complete midfielder, especially in his earlier years.
But a nasty piece of work - and clearly very disturbed. No idea why anyone would hire him.

Bare bones.

Roy Keane on 12:23 - Oct 10 with 4097 viewsJamie

Roy Keane on 12:12 - Oct 10 by Antti_Heinola

thought we were discussing his personality?
He was of course an incredible footballer. The complete midfielder, especially in his earlier years.
But a nasty piece of work - and clearly very disturbed. No idea why anyone would hire him.

With this much media exposure, he'll be rapidly shooting up the shortlist to replace Arry.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024