Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? 11:37 - Dec 8 with 8041 viewsActonOccident

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35034077

11 top flight seasons, followed by a quicksand experience in the Championship. Ouch.
So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 22:49 - Dec 8 with 1783 viewsisawqpratwcity

So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 15:42 - Dec 8 by BazzaInTheLoft

No.

No debt is a good thing. But let's not pretend they are going to piss all that dosh away. It's coming out of somewhere . If not a buyer, then maybe the land the stadium is on or something else. Just speculating.

Bottom line is they won't take a loss and if it comes down to the wire it us not them that will take the hit.

Again, Google Fernandes and Caterham. I know is only a minor shareholder but he soon wiped his hands of them and left them in the shite.

I truly believe fan ownership is the best thing for ANY club. Brentford are doing fine, and AFC Wimbledon flew up the non league pyramid, as FC United are. Portsmouth doing ok considering too.

If League 1 is out natural position without financial doping then so be it. Let the big clubs buy the Les Ferdinands and Raheem Sterlings. Southampton are higher in the food chain than us and they have survived letting their players go to the 'bigger clubs with deep pockets'.

I'm here for the rangers not the glory.
[Post edited 8 Dec 2015 15:47]

I don't see Southampton as anything remotely like a poster boy for fan ownership. Since being purchased by the Liebherrs, they have repeatedly broken their own purchase records, at levels at least consistent with QPR.

Never mind the top two flights, almost all clubs within the Football League would have some rich backer. Lament it all you will, that is the reality of football today. Clubs need access to a bucket of money. A self-funding club is not a realistic business model these days.

And good luck with League 1 being a 'natural position', non-League is far more likely. Never mind 'glory', I do want Rangers to display a quality of football better than a semi-pro team.

I followed Rangers because in 66/67 my local club were ripping through their opposition and putting together a decent League Cup run, too. When both competitions fell to that exciting team I was stuck, for better or worse. But part of that commitment is that I want my club to be the best that they can be. I have no particular over-arching desire for us to be an 'anarcho-syndicalist commune, where we take it in turns to act as a sort of Executive Officer for the week, but all the decisions of that Officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting...' [Credit to M. Palin]

So far, the owners have done their best for the club. If they drop us in the shit, I will rail against them with the best of you. But, until then...

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 23:29 - Dec 8 with 1750 viewsdaveB

So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 21:31 - Dec 8 by londonscottish

My brother in law's a Bolton fan - very worried.

But, yes, to all the previous posts, Sky money has totally bollxd everything up in this country.

The TV money goes straight to agents/players/managers without touching the sides of the clubs.

In a many ways the money has always done that but the resultant debts are now 10x or 100x bigger,

easy to blame the tv money but it's the daft clubs who have wasted the millions and bankrupted themselves.
So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 23:32 - Dec 8 with 1740 viewsPunteR

I blame Jimmy Hill.:)

Wasn't it he who got rid of the wage cap?
SKY money should be going back into football,instead of players and their agents pockets.
There needs to be a wage cap.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 08:18 - Dec 9 with 1641 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 16:46 - Dec 8 by runningman75

I think it is about the correct way to run a club. Bournemouth must be a good model as they have gone up the leagues ( and beat Chelsea :) ), Young manager, no big name signings and winner scored on Saturday from a journeyman who has played at all levels.
I lived in Brighton in the 1990s and went to the Goldstone ground. The owner then sold the club to a supermarket. I am amazed by the progression of Brighton from then until now.

I agree, it is about the correct way to run a club. Doesn't matter if it's fan owned or otherwise.

Brighton a great example.
So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 08:26 - Dec 9 with 1630 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 22:49 - Dec 8 by isawqpratwcity

I don't see Southampton as anything remotely like a poster boy for fan ownership. Since being purchased by the Liebherrs, they have repeatedly broken their own purchase records, at levels at least consistent with QPR.

Never mind the top two flights, almost all clubs within the Football League would have some rich backer. Lament it all you will, that is the reality of football today. Clubs need access to a bucket of money. A self-funding club is not a realistic business model these days.

And good luck with League 1 being a 'natural position', non-League is far more likely. Never mind 'glory', I do want Rangers to display a quality of football better than a semi-pro team.

I followed Rangers because in 66/67 my local club were ripping through their opposition and putting together a decent League Cup run, too. When both competitions fell to that exciting team I was stuck, for better or worse. But part of that commitment is that I want my club to be the best that they can be. I have no particular over-arching desire for us to be an 'anarcho-syndicalist commune, where we take it in turns to act as a sort of Executive Officer for the week, but all the decisions of that Officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting...' [Credit to M. Palin]

So far, the owners have done their best for the club. If they drop us in the shit, I will rail against them with the best of you. But, until then...

I mentioned Southampton as a example of a club that loses it's self produced best players but remains ok not as a example of fan ownership

I know what the reality is, but I don't think we (football fans) should blindly accept it. Again I refer you to AFC Wimbledon and Brentford. Both doing ok financially. So the business model is fine.

Let's not be overdramatic by saying we would become a non league club if fans took over.

I completely disagree that the owners have done their best for the club. They stayed up through a flukey Jonathan Walters goal, and went up through a flukey Bobby Zamora goal. Otherwise they have spent a pacific island's GDP on wages and transfers while being one league lower than when they started with no new ground or training facilities. Yeah they paid it off, but they also spent it.

There are some great owners out there but ours aren't it.
So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 08:58 - Dec 9 with 1618 viewsadhoc_qpr

So...that's one of the relegation spots accounted for this year? on 21:51 - Dec 8 by FredManRave

I agree with the sentiment from most on this thread that (SKY) money is ruining football but it's still the responsibility of those running the clubs to make sure they are run prudently. It can be done. The clubs are getting more and more money, it's obscene but it's still down to them as to how they spend it, specifically on how much they spend on players and then the contracts they offer.

A great worry for Bolton and as always it's the fans that will suffer the most.

It's the players contracts that are the killer!

Discovered listening to the Guardian Football Weekly podcast last week that in the top European Leagues players suffering from long term injuries (i.e. more than 8 weeks out) have their salaries reduced.

This is pretty standard apparently but in England the PFA have stopped it happening.

I wonder how many other sensible clauses are similarly stopped by overly powerful players? I've always thought contracts should be heavily performance based too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024