Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone remember us having two worse full backs? 10:52 - Dec 29 with 3525 viewssevenhoop

Boswell is a huge disappointment (I still have no clue how a professional footballer can be that lazy that they can't practice hard enough to at least be able to kick and tackle with the 'wrong' foot) and, as for Perch..:

They offer nothing offensively either, yet another gaping hole in our offensive options

Anyone remember us having two worse full backs? on 11:06 - Dec 29 with 2762 viewsHooparoo

Bidwell was constantly out of position against Brighton. Seemed to think he was playing CB.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Anyone remember us having two worse full backs? on 11:17 - Dec 29 with 2730 viewsDannyPaddox

Bridewell had an okay start to the season but something happened around Novemeber strangely resulting in him becoming the most mispronounced Rs player since Eugene Terrorbat.
Anyone remember us having two worse full backs? on 11:28 - Dec 29 with 2687 viewspaulparker

What I fail to understand is our DOF would surely have sat down with either Ramsey or JFH and spoke about tactics and how we are going to set up as a team, the last couple of seasons we have played one up top either in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-1 both of these formations require your fullbacks to push forward and support the forwards after all that's why you employ 2 holding midfielders , so it leaves me baffled that we haven't even bought a right back who gets forward or even a proper right back full stop , perch is virtually useless defending and attacking , we have also signed konshesky who should have been put down , and now we have his identical useless clone in bidwell who as soon as he goes past the halfway line goes into a blind panic resulting him in being tackled or the ball drifiting off into touch
The point is why are playing a formation that requires your fullbacks to push forward when they cannot do that and why still buy them ,
Brentford got good money for bidwell and then went straight to Walsall and sign the lad Henry who can actually play the role , the fact that we haven't signed a proper right back in 3 years is another mystery so again les has to take the blame

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Anyone remember us having two worse full backs? on 11:37 - Dec 29 with 2652 viewsDesertBoot

Is this a classic case of making good players bad. Having seen Bidwell play and heard so many good things about him from Brentford fans, it's hugely disappointing how average (at best) he is in a QPR shirt

Wish I could be like David Watts

Anyone remember us having two worse full backs? on 11:38 - Dec 29 with 2646 viewsbosh67

At Brentford he played mainly as a defensive midfielder. When we went there and they beat us he almost single handedly destroyed us. He totally dominated midfield. So, I was very surprised when he came here and went to left back. He can play there but from his Brentford days I thought we were buying the next Shaun Derry. He is only 23 by the way.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Anyone remember us having two worse full backs? on 11:56 - Dec 29 with 2617 viewshoof_hearted

Anyone remember us having two worse full backs? on 11:17 - Dec 29 by DannyPaddox

Bridewell had an okay start to the season but something happened around Novemeber strangely resulting in him becoming the most mispronounced Rs player since Eugene Terrorbat.

Well I've never had any problem pronouncing Bridgewell or Tabarat.

I struggled with Clunt Hull and Shane Darry a bit but soon mastered them. The one I just can never get right is Yeni Ngbakoto.
Anyone remember us having two worse full backs? on 11:57 - Dec 29 with 2609 viewsDannytheR

Boswell has been a huge disappointment, I don't think he's done a thing for us this season.

Bidwell, on the other hand, has definitely lost form under Holloway and had an injury that knowing us we probably brought him back too quickly from. Having once seen Paul Bruce come on for Christer Warren, I can confidently say yes, I have seen two worse Rangers full backs.
Anyone remember us having two worse full backs? on 12:15 - Dec 29 with 2560 viewsDannyPaddox

Bodewell. It doesn't!
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone remember us having two worse full backs? on 12:16 - Dec 29 with 2556 viewsRBlock

Under Redknapp we were lining up with Bosingwa on one side, Traore on the other. Stop being so bloody melodramatic, you big girls blouse. The sky isn't falling just yet.
Anyone remember us having two worse full backs? on 13:04 - Dec 29 with 2456 viewsDeepcutHoop

Anyone remember us having two worse full backs? on 12:16 - Dec 29 by RBlock

Under Redknapp we were lining up with Bosingwa on one side, Traore on the other. Stop being so bloody melodramatic, you big girls blouse. The sky isn't falling just yet.

This.

Memories getting shorter and shorter, along with attention spans and tempers.
Anyone remember us having two worse full backs? on 13:11 - Dec 29 with 2436 viewsplasmahoop

I think they are both OK. I know I've said it before, but it is the lack of cover. Every time Brighton went forward they were running at just our back four. They were doubling up on bidwell, and ngamoto wasn't tracking back and neither was anyone else. I don't think anybody would look that great in that situation, its a nigh on impossible task
Anyone remember us having two worse full backs? on 13:21 - Dec 29 with 2410 viewsparker64

Anyone remember us having two worse full backs? on 13:11 - Dec 29 by plasmahoop

I think they are both OK. I know I've said it before, but it is the lack of cover. Every time Brighton went forward they were running at just our back four. They were doubling up on bidwell, and ngamoto wasn't tracking back and neither was anyone else. I don't think anybody would look that great in that situation, its a nigh on impossible task

Precisely. Neither is doing great but they had little help in front of them and nothing was done to change it. Brighton had two on each side and had a field day. Ngbakoto did a nice job waving his hand about and passing it all onto Bidwell.

But we've done a job on Henry, he's out of sight now, so let's all concentrate on Perch instead.
Anyone remember us having two worse full backs? on 13:50 - Dec 29 with 2354 viewsted_hendrix

In my humble opinion both Hagerty F and Hagerty R have been poor left and right backs respectively.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Anyone remember us having two worse full backs? on 13:55 - Dec 29 with 2346 viewsWatford_Ranger

Anyone remember us having two worse full backs? on 13:21 - Dec 29 by parker64

Precisely. Neither is doing great but they had little help in front of them and nothing was done to change it. Brighton had two on each side and had a field day. Ngbakoto did a nice job waving his hand about and passing it all onto Bidwell.

But we've done a job on Henry, he's out of sight now, so let's all concentrate on Perch instead.

I don't think it's a case of turning on Perch as just another boo boy. He's 31 with a decade of experience at this level and consistently plays abysmally. We've shipped out a better right-back and have another better one on the bench. He must have had 50 games for us and you can count the 7/10+ performances on one hand.
Anyone remember us having two worse full backs? on 14:27 - Dec 29 with 2295 viewsdaveB

Anyone remember us having two worse full backs? on 11:28 - Dec 29 by paulparker

What I fail to understand is our DOF would surely have sat down with either Ramsey or JFH and spoke about tactics and how we are going to set up as a team, the last couple of seasons we have played one up top either in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-1 both of these formations require your fullbacks to push forward and support the forwards after all that's why you employ 2 holding midfielders , so it leaves me baffled that we haven't even bought a right back who gets forward or even a proper right back full stop , perch is virtually useless defending and attacking , we have also signed konshesky who should have been put down , and now we have his identical useless clone in bidwell who as soon as he goes past the halfway line goes into a blind panic resulting him in being tackled or the ball drifiting off into touch
The point is why are playing a formation that requires your fullbacks to push forward when they cannot do that and why still buy them ,
Brentford got good money for bidwell and then went straight to Walsall and sign the lad Henry who can actually play the role , the fact that we haven't signed a proper right back in 3 years is another mystery so again les has to take the blame

I think they tried to sign a right back but didn't get the one they wanted so decided to stick with Perch for now rather than get someone they were not sure about.

Bidwell has done ok but both full backs are left horribly exposed by the wide players who just don't track back leaving them outnumbered every game so both Bidwell and Perch end up coming inside a bit more to block off the space
Anyone remember us having two worse full backs? on 14:29 - Dec 29 with 2286 viewsdaveB

as for two worse full backs how about John Curtis and Chris Barker
Anyone remember us having two worse full backs? on 14:34 - Dec 29 with 2267 viewsqprewan

I think that they are definitely up there among the worst; I have absolutely no time for Bidwell he is absolutely rubbish going forward...the only thing is he did deliver better corners than Cherry but then that's not saying mucc
Anyone remember us having two worse full backs? on 15:39 - Dec 29 with 2160 viewsbaldyhoop

Anyone remember us having two worse full backs? on 11:56 - Dec 29 by hoof_hearted

Well I've never had any problem pronouncing Bridgewell or Tabarat.

I struggled with Clunt Hull and Shane Darry a bit but soon mastered them. The one I just can never get right is Yeni Ngbakoto.

That really made me chuckle. Thanks - I'm just sitting in shops while the wife shows me things I have no interest in, so I needed a lift
I've suggested Victoria's Secret but the look I got suggests i have completely misjudged things

Does anyone know if Jamie McKay will be starting against wolves?
Anyone remember us having two worse full backs? on 15:44 - Dec 29 with 2140 viewsterryb

I'm still trying to imagine the joy we would have had if Bosingwa & BAE had partnered each other!
Anyone remember us having two worse full backs? on 15:53 - Dec 29 with 2122 viewsDorse

I think that the last thing Porch, Clench, Bongwall or Oorahrah need is people making fun of them. Shame on you. Shame on you all.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Anyone remember us having two worse full backs? on 15:56 - Dec 29 with 2111 viewsLongsufferingR

Anyone remember us having two worse full backs? on 15:53 - Dec 29 by Dorse

I think that the last thing Porch, Clench, Bongwall or Oorahrah need is people making fun of them. Shame on you. Shame on you all.

I agree Horse. Anyway, doesn't really matter if we've got shyte full backs as long as we've got Smothers behind them.
Anyone remember us having two worse full backs? on 15:59 - Dec 29 with 2102 viewstraininvain

Anyone remember us having two worse full backs? on 14:27 - Dec 29 by daveB

I think they tried to sign a right back but didn't get the one they wanted so decided to stick with Perch for now rather than get someone they were not sure about.

Bidwell has done ok but both full backs are left horribly exposed by the wide players who just don't track back leaving them outnumbered every game so both Bidwell and Perch end up coming inside a bit more to block off the space

Exactly. I went to the game with a Brighton fan who spent most of the journey to the game raving about their wingers, Knockaert & March.

Within a few minutes of the game starting you could see that our full backs were not going to get any protection as a result of this odd shape / system without wingers that JFH & now Holloway seem intent on adopting even though it leaves us completely exposed.

Surely it was a bit obvious that we needed to have some kind of plan for Knockaert & March?!
Anyone remember us having two worse full backs? on 16:02 - Dec 29 with 2092 viewsGloucs_R

I'm on the verge of deleting all social media accounts!!

Poll: Are we staying up?

Anyone remember us having two worse full backs? on 16:08 - Dec 29 with 2077 viewscaliforniahoop

Anyone remember us having two worse full backs? on 11:06 - Dec 29 by Hooparoo

Bidwell was constantly out of position against Brighton. Seemed to think he was playing CB.

I think Bidwell would make a good CB
Anyone remember us having two worse full backs? on 16:10 - Dec 29 with 2068 viewsFredManRave

Anyone remember us having two worse full backs? on 15:56 - Dec 29 by LongsufferingR

I agree Horse. Anyway, doesn't really matter if we've got shyte full backs as long as we've got Smothers behind them.

I'm with schlongsuffereR. And even if Smoothie goes Blingman can hold his own.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024