Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where Do You Think Saints Can Finish ? 09:54 - Jan 5 with 1328 viewsSaintNick

Where Do You Think Saints Can Finish ?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Where Do You Think Saints Can Finish ? on 10:34 - Jan 5 with 1294 viewsfranniesTache

We're three wins off safety Nick, until we've got there i'm not thinking anything more, don't people remember the season we were in this position in Jan then didn't win another game till we beat newcastle at home (88/89 maybe?)
Where Do You Think Saints Can Finish ? on 11:17 - Jan 5 with 1245 views1885_SFC

Our next 2 PL games are away at Leicester followed by away at Leeds. Both games should be a good pointer as to how serious we are in a push for a Europa League spot which, let's be honest, must be our aim?

Old School is Cool

Where Do You Think Saints Can Finish ? on 11:19 - Jan 5 with 1239 viewsSaintNick

Where Do You Think Saints Can Finish ? on 10:34 - Jan 5 by franniesTache

We're three wins off safety Nick, until we've got there i'm not thinking anything more, don't people remember the season we were in this position in Jan then didn't win another game till we beat newcastle at home (88/89 maybe?)

You are right about 88/89, after 17 games (mid december we were 7th with 25 points, but we had not won a game for the last 5 games at that point and the writing was on the wall, it would be another 13 games before we won against Newcastle in that game

Where Do You Think Saints Can Finish ? on 11:21 - Jan 5 with 1236 viewsfranniesTache

Where Do You Think Saints Can Finish ? on 11:19 - Jan 5 by SaintNick

You are right about 88/89, after 17 games (mid december we were 7th with 25 points, but we had not won a game for the last 5 games at that point and the writing was on the wall, it would be another 13 games before we won against Newcastle in that game

A Neil Ruddock penalty to win it, which was also the last penalty taken by a player that wasn't Le TIss for almost a decade.
Where Do You Think Saints Can Finish ? on 11:32 - Jan 5 with 1223 viewsChesham_Saint

Where Do You Think Saints Can Finish ? on 11:21 - Jan 5 by franniesTache

A Neil Ruddock penalty to win it, which was also the last penalty taken by a player that wasn't Le TIss for almost a decade.

I remember that. It was such a stupid penalty for Newcastle to give away. Unbridled joy though when Ruddock smashed it in!

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Where Do You Think Saints Can Finish ? on 11:34 - Jan 5 with 1221 viewsfranniesTache

Where Do You Think Saints Can Finish ? on 11:32 - Jan 5 by Chesham_Saint

I remember that. It was such a stupid penalty for Newcastle to give away. Unbridled joy though when Ruddock smashed it in!

Final minute/s of the game too, and effectively relegated Newcastle in the process.
Where Do You Think Saints Can Finish ? on 11:38 - Jan 5 with 1213 viewsdirk_doone

Where Do You Think Saints Can Finish ? on 11:19 - Jan 5 by SaintNick

We shot to the top of the league in the first few weeks but really it started going tits up as early as the 5th game of that season, when we lost 1-3 at home to Liverpool.

After 17 games, this season feels more like 2015/16 than 1988/89.

https://www.worldfootball.net/teams/southampton-fc/1989/3/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015%E2%80%9316_Southampton_F.C._season

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Where Do You Think Saints Can Finish ? on 12:48 - Jan 5 with 1161 viewsTimSaint

Where Do You Think Saints Can Finish ? on 11:32 - Jan 5 by Chesham_Saint

I reckon it of a dive from Rod Wallace if I'm being honest - but who cares.

I was behind the goal, towards the back of the Milton as it was taken, but afterwards, was a few metres from the front and had lost my programme as well as 3 of my friends !!

The Ruddock Stomp !!

TimSaint

Login to get fewer ads

Where Do You Think Saints Can Finish ? on 12:59 - Jan 5 with 1147 viewsA1079

I tend to follow the same mantra as Frannies Tache. Get the 40 points first and then aim for 50 and so on. I have seen teams completely fall away in a second half of a season and I have seen teams suddenly come good in a second half of a season. I take nothing for granted and one good win doth not a summer make (though I appreciate we have had more than one good win this season thus far).

Leicester and Leeds will be difficult, but there are no easy games really are there, even if they appear to be on paper.
Where Do You Think Saints Can Finish ? on 13:05 - Jan 5 with 1138 viewsfranniesTache

Where Do You Think Saints Can Finish ? on 12:48 - Jan 5 by TimSaint

I was behind the goal, towards the back of the Milton as it was taken, but afterwards, was a few metres from the front and had lost my programme as well as 3 of my friends !!

The Ruddock Stomp !!

Corner of the east stand and milton for me, no idea why i was there as i was usually in the milton about half way up on the right side
Where Do You Think Saints Can Finish ? on 13:38 - Jan 5 with 1109 viewsSaintNick

Where Do You Think Saints Can Finish ? on 11:21 - Jan 5 by franniesTache

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but it wasnt the last non Le Tiss penalty, Ruddock had one saved a Forest a couple of weeks later and then at Wimbledon the week after.

Paul Rideout took over the duties for 89/90 and missed against Villa in a 2-1 home win in August and Le Tissier finally took over against Wimbledon in a 2-2 draw in September 1989

Where Do You Think Saints Can Finish ? on 14:05 - Jan 5 with 1097 viewsfranniesTache

Where Do You Think Saints Can Finish ? on 13:38 - Jan 5 by SaintNick

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but it wasnt the last non Le Tiss penalty, Ruddock had one saved a Forest a couple of weeks later and then at Wimbledon the week after.

Paul Rideout took over the duties for 89/90 and missed against Villa in a 2-1 home win in August and Le Tissier finally took over against Wimbledon in a 2-2 draw in September 1989

Sorry should've said the last scored, not taken!
Where Do You Think Saints Can Finish ? on 14:21 - Jan 5 with 1086 viewsInsideOut

Where will Saints finish ?

Easy, two divisions above Little Pompey

WWWould be no surprise if the poor little trolls keep away today

Poll: WTF is a little pompey ?

Where Do You Think Saints Can Finish ? on 17:13 - Jan 5 with 1036 viewsChesham_Saint

Where Do You Think Saints Can Finish ? on 12:48 - Jan 5 by TimSaint

The Ruddock Stomp !!

Good grief Tim, you must have been stood feet away from me... Scary!

As for Ruddock, he was good/ok for us, but I think the guy is an absolute plank. He uses the ‘Razor’ nickname (taken from a famous boxer) as if he’s some kind of real hard man, whereas he’s a bloated, childish tvvat.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Where Do You Think Saints Can Finish ? on 21:41 - Jan 5 with 903 viewskingslandstand1

Glad to see 130 has gone for the maroon colour
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024