Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Weird punctuation marks/symbols 08:58 - Jul 17 with 1776 viewsNorthernr

Presume you're all seeing this in articles and some message board threads?

Techi say they're working on it. I've tidied the most recent Austria article up in the meantime.
Weird punctuation marks/symbols on 09:05 - Jul 17 with 1726 viewslightwaterhoop

Thanks Clive i thought my computer was on 'on the blink'
Weird punctuation marks/symbols on 09:06 - Jul 17 with 1716 viewsSuffolk

!
Weird punctuation marks/symbols on 09:06 - Jul 17 with 1715 viewsLoftgirl

Weird punctuation marks/symbols on 09:05 - Jul 17 by lightwaterhoop

I thought my old eyes were on the blink.
Weird punctuation marks/symbols on 09:12 - Jul 17 with 1692 viewsNorthernr

Weird punctuation marks/symbols on 09:05 - Jul 17 by lightwaterhoop

I was hoping it was my computer - 20 year archive and body of work hanging by a thread haha.
Weird punctuation marks/symbols on 09:21 - Jul 17 with 1634 viewsDannyPaddox

Tïš H@ämäLæïÑëñ’$ rëv€ngë!!!
Weird punctuation marks/symbols on 09:22 - Jul 17 with 1631 viewsNorthernr

should be fixed now, let me know any further issues.
Weird punctuation marks/symbols on 09:55 - Jul 17 with 1535 viewsessextaxiboy

Just assumed it was alcohol related ..
Weird punctuation marks/symbols on 10:18 - Jul 17 with 1466 viewsTacticalR

It looks like a lot of foreign characters are not displaying correctly. The easiest thing would be for the tech team to search the database for foreign characters. Here are some examples:

A couple of other issues on the Foreign Music thread (presumably because there are some foreign characters/letters on that thread):

On page 2 of this thread Takuro Yoshida - MarkⅡ is not displaying correctly
Foreign Language music thread. by Esox_Lucius 1 Dec 2022 9:33
Music sung in a language other that English please, the occasional use of an English word in the same manner as some iconic English song throw in an odd French, Italian WHY phrase are acceptable too.
I'll kick it off with Mylene Farmer's tribute to the life and times of QPR fans.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHpUjq_k-kI

On page 6 of this thread
Françoise Hardy is not displaying correctly
Rosalía is not displaying correctly
Foreign Language music thread. by Esox_Lucius 1 Dec 2022 9:33
Music sung in a language other that English please, the occasional use of an English word in the same manner as some iconic English song throw in an odd French, Italian WHY phrase are acceptable too.
I'll kick it off with Mylene Farmer's tribute to the life and times of QPR fans.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHpUjq_k-kI

This thread title:
Dieng to Boro for £2m 😐 by TacticalR 7 Jul 2023 17:35
Are you thinking of this game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtB0pUZ1Ht8

Colm Tóibín is not displaying correctly
Friday Choons - The Traditional LFW St. Patrick's Day Song by TacticalR 17 Mar 2023 16:30
By chance I have just finished Colm Tóibín's Brooklyn, which is set half in Enniscorthy, half in Brooklyn. The film, which I saw a few years ago, is pretty close to the book.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHY9EjnzzJA

Le Mépris is not displaying correctly
Friday Choons - Soundtracks by TacticalR 2 Mar 2023 12:40
Georges Delerue's soundtrack for Le Mépris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arX8xf_p1vk

Corberán is not displaying correctly
protégé is not displaying correctly
West Brom Finances by TacticalR 28 Dec 2022 21:35
This seems quite common. At the moment I am reading 'The Innovation Delusion: How Our Obsession with the New Has Disrupted the Work That Matters Most', and the authors describe how Jack Welch decided to recast General Electric as a financial services company:

'When he took over as GE’s CEO in 1981, Jack Welch was eager to transform the company and identify new opportunities for growth. One of his early speeches as CEO was titled “Growing Fast in a Slow-Growth Economy,” and he took aggressive steps to make his topic a reality. Welch expanded GE into new lines of business, most notably financial services, by acquiring hundreds of companies. In doing so, he set fire to GE’s traditional image as a steady and reliable employer. Each year, “Neutron Jack” fired the bottom 10 percent of the company’s managers through his so-called rank-and-yank program, an approach that significantly reduced GE’s overall workforce.

Through Welch’s recasting of the stable manufacturing giant as a financial juggernaut, GE posted some amazing numbers over the course of his twenty-year reign. The company grew its net income from $1.65 billion in 1981 to $12.7 billion in 2000, and “rightsized” its workforce from 404,000 to 313,000. On the stock exchanges, GE’s value rose 4,000 percent. The profits came from Welch’s decisive turn away from manufacturing (hence the layoffs) and toward financial services. GE Capital’s presence in insurance and mortgages, as well as financing for aviation and energy, was, for a few years, well timed to ride the wave of American financial growth.

But the era of fast growth didn’t last. When Welch stepped down in 2001, his protégé and successor Jeffrey Immelt took over a company sprinting into a briar patch. Cruel reality hit in 2008, when GE stock plunged from $37.10 to $8.50 per share. The company was effectively saved from disaster by emergency investments, including a $3 billion infusion from Warren Buffett.

As the wreckage of the 2008 financial disaster became clearer, GE’s aggressive move into financial services in the mid-1990s looked worse and worse. It’s easy to see why Welch found this strategy appealing–after all, Fortune magazine named the energy financing giant Enron as America’s “most innovative company” each year from 1995 to 2000. It was obvious that GE needed to find new sources of revenue and new strategies for regaining the confidence of investors.'

If manufacturing capitalists can't make sufficient profits in manufacturing then they will use their capital for speculation.

Fenerbahçe is not displaying correctly
Bright Osayi Samuel Right Back Extraordinaire by TacticalR 16 Dec 2022 12:33
He's pretty much stopped scoring goals at Fenerbahçe. 1 last season and 1 the season before that.

A few strange characters on this thread
22/23 Squad rebuild. by TacticalR 25 Apr 2022 16:41
I am hoping for a Modrić-style renaissance.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Weird punctuation marks/symbols on 11:03 - Jul 17 with 1363 viewsE17hoop

Interrobang‽
[Post edited 17 Jul 2023 11:04]

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Weird punctuation marks/symbols on 22:38 - Jul 17 with 1083 viewsDorse

Weird punctuation marks/symbols on 11:03 - Jul 17 by E17hoop

Interrobang‽
[Post edited 17 Jul 2023 11:04]

Das ist kein Nümberwang.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024